Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another closed door Core - Chinese miners meeting  (Read 3875 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:31:23 AM

Is there a meeting? Why am I not invited?  Grin Is this meeting related to the sudden drop of Bitcoin and the sudden climb of some alt coins? Those Chinese guys are up to something again, so what are they trying to copy now  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:45:37 AM

Is there a meeting? Why am I not invited?  Grin Is this meeting related to the sudden drop of Bitcoin and the sudden climb of some alt coins? Those Chinese guys are up to something again, so what are they trying to copy now  Angry

having a meeting about the price is silly..
bitcoins FIAT value is as relevant as the direction the karate kid paints a fence.
expect "upp, downn, upp downn" motions forever. bitcoin is not and should not be a stagnant fixed price coin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:08:14 AM

Is there a meeting? Why am I not invited?  Grin Is this meeting related to the sudden drop of Bitcoin and the sudden climb of some alt coins? Those Chinese guys are up to something again, so what are they trying to copy now  Angry

Hope to join their group chat too LoL But the continuous drop of bitcoin is not alarming on my opinion.I do believe that it will recover soon but anything can happen so we have to watch out. I have no idea if theres any factor affecting the price drop? Chinese? Brexit?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 10:23:30 AM

They came out to meet with many parties in the area, in fact. You just hear about it in this case.  The meeting was mostly social-- discussing our common passion (Bitcoin) and trying to improve communication.  
The community can't know that and they'd have to believe in someone's words which is what is worrisome here.

I think notes are going to be posted, in fact, because we're dweebs like that.
That would be beneficial indeed.

Is there a meeting? Why am I not invited?  Grin
I hope that you're joking.

Is this meeting related to the sudden drop of Bitcoin and the sudden climb of some alt coins?
Random prices movements are pointless to waste time on, so the answer is no. Most people panicking about small movements in the Speculation section have nothing better to do with their lives.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:59:56 PM

well r/btc trolls want to organize a fork...I've seen how well that went with Ethereum so I'm out. Good job trolls, you rekt Bitcoin

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 06:08:53 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-miners-and-developers-meet-in-california-to-improve-communications-1470158657
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:06:20 PM

Lol, like the problem was a lack of communication... that's all we've had.

The problem is the lack of willingness to pursue a reasonable compromise, and the resultant lack of any action that isn't on a whiteboard at Blockstream HQ.

Now we'll see if becoming unprofitable and facing threats from altered PoW spin-offs will wake up the miners.
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 08:09:27 PM

well r/btc trolls want to organize a fork...I've seen how well that went with Ethereum so I'm out. Good job trolls, you rekt Bitcoin

wrong topic?

Thanks for sharing

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:00:33 PM

From link,
Bitcoin Core developer Greg Maxwell, who also attended the gathering, echoed this sentiment. “I thought it was really positive — and good to meet up with people face to face that I'd only talked with in email before,” he said in a post on bitcointalk.org.

“The Bitcoin industry seriously needs better communication — especially crossing language and cultural barriers — rather than hot comments on social media,” Maxwell said. “Improved communication will lead to fewer potential avenues for miscommunication and better cooperation in the future.”

And all you post here is a link to some shit magazine saying what you posted here earlier, "we need better communication"?
Pathetic.

Looks like you are just stalling, while you wait for the miner "announcement".

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:52:55 PM

the other flipside kprawn is that developers should not prevent hard forks if the community want them. and instead do all they can to allow open choice for the whole community.

developers restricting choice and causing controversy is just as bad for the community as a low consensus hard fork would be.

either way the core 2mb code should be released and then leave it for the community to download and show a high percentage node upgrade, then miners can start flagging their blocks to show their desire.. and if all shows promising numbers.. it happens.

prevention via dictatorship is cores method of doing things.
they have proven this by taking over the organizing of the meeting and changing the purpose of the meeting.

so far core has just wasted a year, irritating people purely to show they are a centralist power base.

What you're writing is simply delusional. Fact is that all the Gavinista bigblock-altcoin schemes failed miserably. The community chose to stay with the original, decentralized Bitcoin. And progress with Core development shows it was a smart choice.

Despite the doomsday scenarios widely circulated in the XT/ClassicCoin FUD campaign, the network is in a healthy state. There is no urgency to increase the maximum blocksize. Thanks to Segwit even a 1 MB limit offers significant of room for growth. (That doesn't mean that the blocksize should never be increased, it just must be done in a sensible way to preserve decentralization.)

Bitcoin Core developers are not dictating anything. They continue to build a better Bitcoin for all of us. The fact that they meet with miners for discussion shows that they try to incorporate their issues in the roadmap.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:42:49 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 12:05:15 AM by franky1

What you're writing is simply delusional. Fact is that all the Gavinista bigblock-altcoin schemes failed miserably. The community chose to stay with the original, decentralized Bitcoin. And progress with Core development shows it was a smart choice.

ya.ya.yo!

you do realise that MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000;
is actually bitcoin-core (with segwit) version that allows 2mb base blocks.
MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE is a variable utilized by bitcoin-core..

its got nothing to do with "gavinista" it has nothing to do with "big blocks" because the funny part is that "serialized" blocksize of bitcoin-core is 4mb..
here i will explain it in english
gavinista's want 2mb of total data..
core wants 4mb total data, but only 1mb baseblocks which means traditional transactions(old privkeys) are limited to the 1mb base block. and the other 3mb is for signatures of new style privkeys.

however MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000; is still cores deemed safe 4mb bloat of total relay data but with 2mb base block size to allow those that dont want to use the new privkeys, to have extra buffer within the main block.

as for you saying that you are ignoring MULTIPLE different bitcoin implementations that exist currently and instead choose to go in the single direction of just one corporation.. because some how you think core is more decentralized than 12 other implementations (bitcoinj, bitcoin ruby, bitcoinBU, etc etc) is your delusion. and your misunderstanding of decentralization

anyway, ill digress and will ask you the same question other "streamers" are avoiding answering..

when luke JR, a bitcoin core dev releases a bitcoin-core version (with segwit) of MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000;
will you accept that the controversy is over and that decentralized choice can be regained and that core then gets back to being on a level playing ground of open choice of many implementations from many sources all offering 2mb instead of dictator control of one source trying to prevent expansion of the main(base) block buffer.
or
will you be part of a REKT campaign to push luke JR under the bus and get him removed from the main bitcoin github because you prefer the dictatorship preventing the expansion of the main(base) block buffer

all i really need to know and have you reply to is
1. "yes i will support MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000; but only if there are no 'trojan'/bugs added elsewhere in the code"
2. "no i wont support MAX_BLOCK_BASE_SIZE = 2000000; and will REKT Luke JR because its not the direction i want bitcoin to go in"

i have even numbered it to help you stay on point and reply with least effort and cost to your time.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:51:58 AM

While the Chinese mining kings were over here, somebody was hacking Bitfinex over there.

Nice timing?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:28:32 AM

They came out to meet with many parties in the area, in fact. You just hear about it in this case.  The meeting was mostly social-- discussing our common passion (Bitcoin) and trying to improve communication.   I think notes are going to be posted, in fact, because we're dweebs like that.

I thought it was really positive-- and good to meet up with people face to face that I'd only talked with in email before.

The Bitcoin industry seriously needs better communication-- especially crossing language and cultural barriers-- rather than hot comments on social media. Improved communication will lead to fewer potential avenues for miscommunication and better cooperation in the future.

Good stuff!

Don't buy into rbtc fud. Smiley

And you were doing so well.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:02:01 PM

I think notes are going to be posted, in fact, because we're dweebs like that.

Any links to those notes?

All I have found, barely readable,
http://diyhpl.us/wiki/transcripts/2016-july-bitcoin-developers-miners-meeting/cali2016/

Future outlook of Bitcoin
"A wild Bobmon has appeared in the room. It's very important to capture this pokemon."
Did anyone catch it?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: