Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-23 ABC News - Cyprus Crisis Boosting Unique Currency, the Bitcoin  (Read 3238 times)
zeroday (OP)
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Currency markets are keeping close track of Cyprus' banking crisis and are braced for possible repercussions, but one currency has thrived in the chaos and zoomed in value -- Bitcoins.

SOURCE: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cyprus-crisis-boosting-unique-currency-bitcoin/story?id=18792763

It's just been on the top of Google search for "Cyprus news"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nevafuse

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:07:46 PM

Although there are no physical coins, Walmart sells Bitcoin gift cards

They do?

The only reason to limit the block size is to subsidize non-Bitcoin currencies
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

The Bitcoin
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 11:57:17 PM

Currency markets are keeping close track of Cyprus' banking crisis and are braced for possible repercussions, but one currency has thrived in the chaos and zoomed in value -- Bitcoins.

SOURCE: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cyprus-crisis-boosting-unique-currency-bitcoin/story?id=18792763

It's just been on the top of Google search for "Cyprus news"

Found it that way myself, not looking for anything bitcoin.  Wow.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:05:18 AM

The Bitcoin
that makes sense.
The American Dollar
The Euro
etc

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:29:38 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Dollar is a fiat currency.
Euro is a fiat currency.

Yeah, I think we might need to adopt the "the".
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:02:46 AM

Euro is a fiat currency.

Well, actually, they're all digital.

Tongue
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:28:42 AM

I bought something with dollars
I invested in the US Dollar

I bought something with bitcoins
I invested in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the software.
Bitcoin is the protocol.
bitcoins are the unit.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:34:15 AM

Euro is a fiat currency.

Well, actually, they're all digital.

Tongue

This Grin  The majority of money in this world are mere numbers in a system.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:00:56 AM

I bought something with dollars
I invested in the US Dollar

I bought something with bitcoins
I invested in Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the software.
Bitcoin is the protocol.
bitcoins are the unit.

^ This.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Haole

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:28:31 PM

Love your avatar zeroday.  Wink

"The future isn't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra
gimme_bottles

Activity: 316

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:51:39 PM

zeroday, your avatar tells me you are a) ignorant or b) plain dumb
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:47:37 PM

Yes I'm ignorant dumb because I kept my money in EU bank. The bitch on my avatar have just stolen the most of my assets, along with funds of thousands of other ignorant dumbs like me.
gimme_bottles

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:03:45 PM

Yes I'm ignorant dumb because I kept my money in EU bank. The bitch on my avatar have just stolen the most of my assets, along with funds of thousands of other ignorant dumbs like me.

i don't know where you live, but keep in mind that most countries and their banks who are in trouble now have lived a lifestyle they just could not afford for years. this whole thing had to collapse.
paying 5% interest rate to clients while the rest of EU is at 1.5%-1% is just surreal.
don't blame merkel and the others, blame the one who brought us so far, and that are the governments of cyprus/italy/greece/spain.
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:31:10 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 04:47:20 PM by zeroday

i don't know where you live, but keep in mind that most countries and their banks who are in trouble now have lived a lifestyle they just could not afford for years. this whole thing had to collapse.
paying 5% interest rate to clients while the rest of EU is at 1.5%-1% is just surreal.
don't blame merkel and the others, blame the one who brought us so far, and that are the governments of cyprus/italy/greece/spain.

This is exactly what EU rulers want to convince everybody of.
Did you try to research the situation around Cyprus ? Do you know that their problem appeared after Greece collapsed and the most of investments made by Cyprus had just evaporated?
Just read this http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cyprus-crisis-explained-idiot/story?id=18782212

FYI, I personally never took any loan. All my money were on current bank account, the money operated by my business. But nazi-chancellor-bitch insisted that Cyprus have to raid all bank accounts to collect necessary amount to pay country's debt. Really nice, yes?

gimme_bottles

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:43:35 PM

This is exactly what EU rulers want to convince everybody of.
Did you try to research the situation around Cyprus ? Do you know that their problem appeared after Greece collapsed and the most of investments made by Cyprus had just evaporated?
Just read this http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cyprus-crisis-explained-idiot/story?id=18782212

FYI, I personally never took any loan. All my money were on current bank account, the money operated by my business. But nazi-chancellor-bitch insisted that Cyprus have to raid all bank accounts to collect necessary amount to pay country's debt. Really nice, yes?

calm down. i don't blame guys like you and average joe for what happened.
i know it is a shitty situation and if we wanted to prevent it we had to start like 10 years ago, at least. but at the moment, there are only two options. one of them is bancruptcy of cyprus. in that case everybody would lose most of their money due to massive inflation.
the other option is what is happening now and i hope you understand that this walks hand in hand with actions that affect everyone in cyprus.

i don't want to tell anyone what to do and think, but you can't expect other states to pay for your banks and debts and just wait for the next crash.
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:47:36 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 04:58:13 PM by zeroday

At this moment the whole amount in our business account is frozen including monthly wages for over 20 workers. Thank you merkel!

Do you think that people have to pay hard earned money out of their pockets to cover dirty games of EU politicians? I don't mean time deposits which generate some profit, but cash on current and business accounts.

gimme_bottles

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

At this moment the whole amount in our business account is frozen including monthly wages for over 20 workers. Thank you merkel!

Do you think that people have to pay hard earned money out of their pockets to cover dirty games of EU politicians? I don't mean time deposits which generate some profit, but cash on current and business accounts.

first of all, merkel is not the only one making decisions. of course her word weights a lot, but that's because germany is the country who pays most of the amounts that is talked about.

second, those "dirty games of the EU" are caused because of decisions made by the local governments and local banks. the EU officials are just the ones who tell you the bad news, if you want to find the one who is responsible for them you have to search quite close next to you.

and BTW, calling someone a nazi has absolutely nothing to do with economical decisions. i don't call you "lazy ass who doesn't pay taxes" neither.
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:04:50 PM

Check this thread to understand what is happening to Cypriots money now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153959.160

This is all because merkel's and other EU bosses. They do it because they want to save EUR. But they do it the way exactly as Hitler did in 1933 by seizing private assets of Jews to raise Third Reich's economy.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 05:06:01 PM

merkel along with all world leaders are just puppets of the few the croocked the Elitests and will never be for the people  Angry

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: