Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OKpay debit card?  (Read 1330 times)
Crypto0 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:21:28 PM

anyone have ordered okpay debit card in US? delivery time? do they offer expedited delivery option? where they ship from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
movellan

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

First you have to open an OKPay account and get verified. This requires sending copies of photo ID (driver's lic, etc), proof of residence (utility bill, etc), basically the same info to get verifed on Mt Gox, etc. Once verified you deposit an amount based on how you want the card shipped into your account wallet. Regular mail is 15 USD, courier delivery is 50 USD.

THEN you can apply for the card. They might request some additional documents. Once you are verifed for this, they will withdraw the fee from your account and issue the card. Mine came from a UK address. If you chose the mail option, it will take 2-3 weeks for the card to arrive. I'm not sure about the time frame for courier delivery.

THEN on the OKPay site you activate the card. This is easy enough as the site has a link on the main page. you then transfer funds from your wallet to the card using the top-up link. This all goes pretty smoothly, but now you have to wait up to 24 hours for the funds to be posted to your card balance.

Once you get through all this, the card works as advertised. I haven't found anyplace in brick-and-mortar or online where it's not accepted.  Good luck.
Cryptlexity

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:08:23 PM

I recently got my card, it looks like any regular credit card. The verification process took awhile, but everything worked out and now I have a very easy way to withdraw or spend my bitcoin earnings. =)
Crypto0 (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:28:00 AM

First you have to open an OKPay account and get verified. This requires sending copies of photo ID (driver's lic, etc), proof of residence (utility bill, etc), basically the same info to get verifed on Mt Gox, etc. Once verified you deposit an amount based on how you want the card shipped into your account wallet. Regular mail is 15 USD, courier delivery is 50 USD.

THEN you can apply for the card. They might request some additional documents. Once you are verifed for this, they will withdraw the fee from your account and issue the card. Mine came from a UK address. If you chose the mail option, it will take 2-3 weeks for the card to arrive. I'm not sure about the time frame for courier delivery.

THEN on the OKPay site you activate the card. This is easy enough as the site has a link on the main page. you then transfer funds from your wallet to the card using the top-up link. This all goes pretty smoothly, but now you have to wait up to 24 hours for the funds to be posted to your card balance.

Once you get through all this, the card works as advertised. I haven't found anyplace in brick-and-mortar or online where it's not accepted.  Good luck.
thank you movellan for takig time to write this, very iformative
dayasinfo

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 01:40:43 AM

I'd go for it.. They are very helpful and customer service is a breeze
bitcoingonemad

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 02:22:53 AM

signed up for ok pay a few days ago its certainly not a quick process
willhash4food

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:39:01 PM

OKPay is a terrible painstaking process to set up. They now want ONLY your passport for ID and will not accept a drivers license.

Also, why can't USD or EUR funds in your wallet be drawn upon with the debit card? The "top-up" procedure that you must use to add funds to a debit card is unnecessary. Also, why the fuck does it take so long to top up? This should be INSTANT and not only available during M-F business hours.

I ordered my debit card 2 weeks ago and am STILL waiting for it to arrive.

Honestly, I understand the fees as everyone has to make money and I don't have a problem with that. But services are incredibly slow, verification is ridiculous and customer support only responds once a day at the end of each business day - making it take FOREVER to get things done.

They see me minin'... they hatin'...
movellan

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

OKPay is a terrible painstaking process to set up. They now want ONLY your passport for ID and will not accept a drivers license.

Also, why can't USD or EUR funds in your wallet be drawn upon with the debit card? The "top-up" procedure that you must use to add funds to a debit card is unnecessary. Also, why the fuck does it take so long to top up? This should be INSTANT and not only available during M-F business hours.

I ordered my debit card 2 weeks ago and am STILL waiting for it to arrive.

Honestly, I understand the fees as everyone has to make money and I don't have a problem with that. But services are incredibly slow, verification is ridiculous and customer support only responds once a day at the end of each business day - making it take FOREVER to get things done.

The verification process is really slow. It took over two weeks from verified to receiving my card. They wouldn't accept a DL for ID? Are you located outside of the US?

The "top-up" thing is actually a good idea, although they get to gouge an additional fee every time you do so. If your card number and PIN are stolen, the slime can only withdraw what's in your card acct, not your main balance.

Yes, deposits into the main acct and debit card are slow, BUT IT WORKS.  That's more important to me than speed and I think you will get to see the value of that as you use the card.

Good luck.
reich

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:49:16 PM

I would never use this , personally.
movellan

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:09:00 PM

Reasons?
Chuvanan.org

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:12:07 PM

Reasons?
I think, OKpay delay money  Cheesy
reich

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:18:20 PM

I would never use this because its to much like the old ways.
BTCoder

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:49:01 PM

I would never use this because its to much like the old ways.

lol not really.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: