Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello world post and a question  (Read 542 times)
matan7890 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:15:43 AM

First of all I want to say hello - as you can see I'm new here. So hello!

The second thing that I want to say/ask is this question:
Why wouldn't I buy one of the new BFF ASICs and "become reach" because of it? Where is the "trick"?

Thx in advance,
matan7890.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:17:48 AM

Do you mean BFL?  They have a pretty bad track record of putting off shipping their ASICs.  The ASIC technology itself, however, is designed to completely outperform any other hashing device, allowing more profits to be made.

matan7890 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:47:11 AM

You right, I meant BFL (it is 4 am right here, I'm little tired...).

I don't understand - as much as I know, their ASICs are still at pre-oreder, what means they was never shipping them...
So how could they had bad record on this?
Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what about the ASIC itself - is it seems to be profitable or maybe after they will reach the market the difficulty of bitcoin-mining will be so terrible that you won't be able to return the investment?
I know this is a pretty hard question, but I think that you (and some-other members of the forum of-course) can predict what will happen much better than me so I ask your idea about that.

BTW - are there another ASICs other than BFL that their specs are close to the ones of BFL?

Really thank you for the help,
matan7890.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:52:15 AM

You right, I meant BFL (it is 4 am right here, I'm little tired...).

I don't understand - as much as I know, their ASICs are still at pre-oreder, what means they was never shipping them...
So how could they had bad record on this?
Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what about the ASIC itself - is it seems to be profitable or maybe after they will reach the market the difficulty of bitcoin-mining will be so terrible that you won't be able to return the investment?
I know this is a pretty hard question, but I think that you (and some-other members of the forum of-course) can predict what will happen much better than me so I ask your idea about that.

BTW - are there another ASICs other than BFL that their specs are close to the ones of BFL?

Really thank you for the help,
matan7890.

I mean, they push the shipping date back and back and back.  There are plenty of threads on here where people are PO'd about it Tongue  I don't bother with mining myself, so I don't know too much about it.

Right, the very first people with ASICs are going to have a massive advantage.  However, if every miner used ASICs, it'd be a very level playing field and the rate of returns would even out.  If it becomes unprofitable, they'll stop mining, and might go to altcoins--litecoin is a popular alternative to mine right now.  But by the time every miner has an ASIC, there will probably be even more advanced ASICs on the market; technology always goes this way.  So once ASICs are very popular, the ASIC-2 (or whatever it'll be named) will probably come around.

I believe Avalon is currently shipping ASICs, but beside BFL and Avalon, I'm not sure if there's any others.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: