Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WORST decision about BTC  (Read 9175 times)
funbarrel

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:17:41 PM

My worst decision was putting bitcoin in crypsy exchange for trading. I lost most of what I out in that site when they stole the bitcoins. Almost no hope of getting anything back.
putting your bitcoins to the exchanges are usually a really bad decision so i never do that, in my opinion its better to just hold it and not move it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:21:56 PM

Gambling is never a good idea, it is designed to beat you Huh

my worst decision was to sell bitcoin on Ebay a few years ago and i was scammed with hacked paypal accounts, ended up with a lose of around 1.8btc ....  Cry
dragunfly

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Crypto is love, crypto is life

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Hi, all. I know that everyone here would have made some terrible decision about BTC. So I was wondering, what is the worst decision that you have ever made.

Personally, my worst decision was gambling 1.3 BTC in dice, just yesterday. Smiley
I also lost some Bitcoin in gambling , but my wrost decision was investing big amount of my Bitcoin in a scam ICO coin , whereas the dev ran away with our money , now , I have more experience and I know where I should invest and when should not , the high number of ICO projects now make anyone confused .
gambling is a really bad descision to make because it involves a lot of risk, though to be honest i used to do that too and i lost some money
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:42:53 PM

Hi, all. I know that everyone here would have made some terrible decision about BTC. So I was wondering, what is the worst decision that you have ever made.

Personally, my worst decision was gambling 1.3 BTC in dice, just yesterday. Smiley
I also lost some Bitcoin in gambling , but my wrost decision was investing big amount of my Bitcoin in a scam ICO coin , whereas the dev ran away with our money , now , I have more experience and I know where I should invest and when should not , the high number of ICO projects now make anyone confused .
gambling is a really bad descision to make because it involves a lot of risk, though to be honest i used to do that too and i lost some money

Everyone has lost their money in gambling in the past, as with bitcoin you can gamble very easily so when people come to know about it they got crazy and start loosing their money in it.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 10:08:02 PM

Everyone has lost their money in gambling in the past, as with bitcoin you can gamble very easily so when people come to know about it they got crazy and start loosing their money in it.

You are right many of the people who were not allowed to gamble are not gambling without any restriction from their state and as they are newbie to gambling so they are losing much higher amount in there, and that is their bigger mistake that they bet without any learning and experience.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:41:49 AM

My worst decision was putting bitcoin in crypsy exchange for trading. I lost most of what I out in that site when they stole the bitcoins. Almost no hope of getting anything back.
putting your bitcoins to the exchanges are usually a really bad decision so i never do that, in my opinion its better to just hold it and not move it
I have a lof of coin in exchanges - but only coin that I'm trading with - everything else is in cold storage. I try to use multiple exchanges to reduce the impact of a MtGox situation. I was lucky so far, I only lost a small amount on Cryptsy (and actually made a profit in the final days as CEX.IO decided to stop alt coin trading and nobody else wanted to transfer in to cryptsy so made huge profits on low CEX.IO price and high crypsty pirce)
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:04:36 AM

My worst decision would be not engaging into bitcoin early.  My friends told me before about bitcoin and I was like okay it is not for me because I am not interested as it is a big question mark for me.  How could I pay that earned money to buy some stuff since there is no real money on hand.  Then after a year another friend told me about it and then he introduced it to me.  I regret that I have not done it before.  I could have more money now and could have a lot of savings. 
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:54:54 AM

My worst decision would be not engaging into bitcoin early.  My friends told me before about bitcoin and I was like okay it is not for me because I am not interested as it is a big question mark for me.  How could I pay that earned money to buy some stuff since there is no real money on hand.  Then after a year another friend told me about it and then he introduced it to me.  I regret that I have not done it before.  I could have more money now and could have a lot of savings. 

I think a lot of people (me included) have the same feelings, luckily, there is still potential for massive growth in many sectors of crypto, the technology is still in its infancy in the grand scheme of things - so maybe we could all be sitting on some huge savings in a couple of years time.
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:01:12 AM

I have a lof of coin in exchanges - but only coin that I'm trading with - everything else is in cold storage. I try to use multiple exchanges to reduce the impact of a MtGox situation. I was lucky so far, I only lost a small amount on Cryptsy (and actually made a profit in the final days as CEX.IO decided to stop alt coin trading and nobody else wanted to transfer in to cryptsy so made huge profits on low CEX.IO price and high crypsty pirce)

I know that's what everyone recommends you do to keep your BTC secure, but is it practical for trading? Things happen so fast in the markets, there's no time to wait for your BTC to transfer.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:02:41 AM

I think a lot of people (me included) have the same feelings, luckily, there is still potential for massive growth in many sectors of crypto, the technology is still in its infancy in the grand scheme of things - so maybe we could all be sitting on some huge savings in a couple of years time.

I think we should consider ourselves as an early adoptors as there are many people who are not aware about it and when they get into bitcoins we would be holding large volume of coins.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:06:30 AM

actually not only lose in gambling that the worst decision. but also play gambling was the worst decision.
My worst decision when my friend persuade me to invest in hyip and I put a high amount there.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:14:12 AM

Invested three (3) times to ponzi schemes that I did not know were ponzi schemes.
I was just a kid in bitcoin back in those days so I didn't know.  Grin
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:22:23 AM

actually not only lose in gambling that the worst decision. but also play gambling was the worst decision.
My worst decision when my friend persuade me to invest in hyip and I put a high amount there.

I think we should not blame others for loosing our money, it was our money and it was our decision to invest money in those sites as we were greedy and were looking for shortcut to earn money.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:27:44 AM

Invested three (3) times to ponzi schemes that I did not know were ponzi schemes.
I was just a kid in bitcoin back in those days so I didn't know.  Grin
I invested in two ponzis too, but was very lucky as I withdrew my funds just before the collapse. One was bitcoinmine which had been going to two years - and it started offering crazy unsustainable deals which made me decide to get out ASAP and the other I got nervous about and it went offline just a day after I withdrew. I don't invest in 'HYIP' anymore, even though both endeavours were very profitable for me, the risks seemed too high for the rewards.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:09:55 AM

Investing in ponzi and going for gambling with my hard earned coins where I never earned some money so now I prefer to stay away from those sites and prefer to invest in trading to make regular profits.
Investing in ponzi is not a good idea where you gonna put your bitcoin there and after a day that website are going to run all of our money i made this before been there than that where invest all of my money in ponzi i wish that i could bring the time back so that i can bring back my lose.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:26:24 PM

Investing in ponzi and going for gambling with my hard earned coins where I never earned some money so now I prefer to stay away from those sites and prefer to invest in trading to make regular profits.
Investing in ponzi is not a good idea where you gonna put your bitcoin there and after a day that website are going to run all of our money i made this before been there than that where invest all of my money in ponzi i wish that i could bring the time back so that i can bring back my lose.

Money that has lost will not be recovered again but we need to make sure that we don't enter those places again in future as repeating same mistake again doesn't make any sense.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:39:57 PM

My worst mistake was spending all Bitcoins that I had then. I had 3 BTC that I won on gambling and I've spent it all. That was stupid and so far I didn't make to collect this sum again.  Sad

malaj
utkarshm

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:42:48 PM

You said that it was your worst decision that you have gambler 1.3btc in dice site and you are still smiling.Have you won or lost all of them.
If you lost then its really big amount to loose in dice gambling,and it would require a lot of time for you to recover from this.I have also taken bad decisions and lost in gambling but did not lost that much amount.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:43:33 PM

My worst mistake was spending all Bitcoins that I had then. I had 3 BTC that I won on gambling and I've spent it all. That was stupid and so far I didn't make to collect this sum again.  Sad

Oh man that's really crazy, if you would have saved that coins by now then you would be enjoying great profits today, if I would ever have 3 btc in wallet then I will surely try to grow them.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:47:02 PM

I had 3 BTC too in the past but I sold it while the price at 200$ for each BTC. That was the bad decision I've ever made.  I need money at that time and those btc was the only valuable thing I can use so I failed to keep those btc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: