Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with restored wallet  (Read 663 times)
DLS123 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:09:04 AM

I had to restore my Armory wallets the other day, and thought I did so without incident but now when I generate new addresses they are all old, used addresses and have previous tx in them.  Any way to fix this?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 02:14:56 AM

You need to generate more addresses so that Armory knows that they were used. When you restore, it generates a predefined number of addresses from the seed, so it may not know of more addresses past that predefined limit.

Open your wallet and double click the wallet to open the wallet properties. Then click the blue text next to "Addresses Used". This will open up a window for "extend address pool". There are instructions here about how to do that. Enter a large number into the box at the bottom and click compute. Repeat until you start getting empty addresses.

bitnoob123

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:44:41 PM

I have a simliar issue, I'm sure its user error and hopefully I have not lost my bitcoins.  Tongue

I had to restore my wallet, it had a balance before, now it shows a balance of 0  Huh

It would appear my money is at this address now. https://blockchain.info/address/1MzJEsUGWUK5VogzZ69JNVs2tKo4mDX6xL

My Wallet address is:

https://blockchain.info/address/153LMWtAmiFXRYL9PthmwddRmmbc8rhtyQ

I'm new to this, what happened? I know that after the transaction I had the balance showing in my wallet that now appears at the address starting with 1Mz

Also in armory, I've restored my wallet but these transactions are not in my ledger.

Thanks is advance!  Grin
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:31:03 AM

log files

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 12:34:50 AM

I'm new to this, what happened? I know that after the transaction I had the balance showing in my wallet that now appears at the address starting with 1Mz
It's called a change address. Armory does not reuse addresses, as is recommended. So, when you spend from an address, you will have change, much like when using cash bills, you will have change. The change has to go somewhere, so the wallet sends it to a change address. It is still an address in your wallet so you still have those Bitcoins.

Also in armory, I've restored my wallet but these transactions are not in my ledger.
Look at my post right above yours.

log files
I don't think those are necessary. I'm 99% sure that they just have to generate more addresses.

bitnoob123

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:05:18 PM

Thanks! I'm good now.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: