Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC.com Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash WALLET | Mobile & Web | Secure & trusted.  (Read 33530 times)
jimmy1205

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:55:33 PM

I already reported this issue multiple times and I ended up leaving the wallet and some of my funds there. No, there is no way because they only allow two options and both are overpriced. As stupid as this may sound to some people, I'm starting to believe they are doing this on purpose to make people switch to BCH.

Damn, overpriced is an understatement here, how can they charge more than the average transaction fee of any other wallets out there? this is a rip-off.

I have 0.04btc here, and I cant even cover the transaction fee. How can I even switch to BCH when my funds are stuck?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:10:44 PM

Damn, overpriced is an understatement here, how can they charge more than the average transaction fee of any other wallets out there? this is a rip-off.

I have 0.04btc here, and I cant even cover the transaction fee. How can I even switch to BCH when my funds are stuck?

BitcoinCash is an altcoin (a fork from bitcoin with bigger blocks). What I meant is that If they manage to convince people that bitcoin fees are that high, people would stop using bitcoin and start using BCH, I could be wrong though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jimmy1205

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:22:08 AM

BitcoinCash is an altcoin (a fork from bitcoin with bigger blocks). What I meant is that If they manage to convince people that bitcoin fees are that high, people would stop using bitcoin and start using BCH, I could be wrong though.

I get what you meant, but I have to move my btc to an exchange to trade for bch. I know the fees are high, but its definitely not this high.
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:18:59 PM

I've used the wallet from btc.com and I think it's a good and powerful web wallet, I've never encountered any errors in receiving and sending bitcoins so I made it as the main wallet.
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

5 major things that happened with bitcoin in 2017

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:02:17 PM

The golden rules of keeping your bitcoin wallet secure

kirush80

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:05:55 AM

Hello! I use btc.com, but lost 2FA authorization.
I read that there is an opportunity to apply for support to reset the 2FA authorization. I made 2 tickets to support@btc.com: 322445, 325874. But support did not answer from 01/05/2018.
Is there a chance to reset the authorization using support or I need to recover wallet through https://recovery.blocktrail.com/?
Do I need to pay transfer fee when I will make recover?

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:53:17 AM

I forgot If they give private key for the 2FA code. If they do that, you can use it to recover your 2FA. If not, use it the recovery tool you just linked and yes, It will basically ask you for an address to send the funds to so there will be fees to pay.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kirush80

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:03:54 AM

I forgot If they give private key for the 2FA code. If they do that, you can use it to recover your 2FA. If not, use it the recovery tool you just linked and yes, It will basically ask you for an address to send the funds to so there will be fees to pay.
I tried this service to recovery, yes all ok, my funds all right (BTC/BCH). But I done to last step, and no info about fee, I am canceled yet recovery.
Want just reset 2FA, all documents (ID, screenshots from wallet, IP and so on) I provided to support. On other wallets its standart procedure to reset 2FA, for example through sms or email.
kirush80

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

I tried this service to recovery, yes all ok, my funds all right (BTC/BCH). But I done to last step, and no info about fee, I am canceled yet recovery.
Want just reset 2FA, all documents (ID, screenshots from wallet, IP and so on) I provided to support. On other wallets its standart procedure to reset 2FA, for example through sms or email.
I want says big THANKS to Paphy Cai (@PaphyCai) from telegram group https://t.me/btccom
He didn't customer service, only operation and have no access to support tickets. But with his help I reset 2FA without recover for 1 hour.
He did that, what support@btc.com can't about 2 weeks. Thanks one more time btc.com and @PaphyCai personally.
I hope answer for tickets will be faster than now.
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:19:12 PM

Update: More options to choose your transaction fee
The BTC.com wallet has just released a new feature to give users more freedom to choose their preferred transaction fee.
Due the increased Bitcoin transaction fees, many users wish to have more control over the fee they pay. That’s why the BTC.com wallet released a new option for users to pick the fee that best fits their goals.

Instead of the previous 2 levels (Low fee — slower, and Optimal — higher), now our wallet users can choose between 3 options:

Low: Pay the lowest fee when you have time to wait for your transaction to confirm. This options saves cost but can lead to high waiting times.
Optimal: The middle ground, where you pay a higher fee than in the “Low” category but you can expect a shorter confirmation time.
Priority: Do you need to push your transaction fast? Then “Priority” is the right choice. Bear in mind however, that priority transactions cost more as you have to outbid some other users in the waiting queue.
At the moment, the new levels are available for our web wallet users, and soon they will be rolled out also for mobile app users.

How much transaction fee is recommended?
It’s a complicated questions that depends on multiple factors:

Time pressure: Do you need your transaction to confirm quickly to become spendable or do you have time to wait?
Network peak times: Some periods are more busy than others in the Bitcoin network. When many users want to make transactions, the limited supply of blocks meets high demand. This can make fees, that would be normally enough, less competitive.
Size of the transaction: Despite the common misbelief, the amount of bitcoin you send does not impact the fee. What impacts the fee is the size of the transaction data. Without going into details, when users receive many small transactions frequently, the size of their transactions tend to become larger. If you often make bitcoin transactions, choose a wallet like BTC.com that has support for Segwit.
The BTC.com wallet uses a dynamic fee strategy to determine the best fee for a particular transaction. We recommend our users to use the default “Optimal” setting for their transactions. This accounts for all factors to determine the optimal fee.

Why do we pay transaction fees?
Every bitcoin transaction must be added to the blockchain in order to be valid. When you click “send” in your wallet, you submit your transaction to the bitcoin network. “Miners” collect, verify and bundle transactions into a block and one miner appr. every 10 minutes wins the right to add his/her block to the blockchain.

Miners are incentivized to pick transactions with higher fees because when they get the right to add their block, they can keep the transaction fees from all transactions in that block. It’s important to keep miners motivated because their work secures the bitcoin network. Remember, wallets never receive transaction fees, only the miners.

When a lot of people want to send transactions, you have to bid higher to ensure that your transaction is included in the next block(s).

If you have questions or feedback, please send us a message to support@btc.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 01:38:36 AM

Blocktrail.com's Bitcoin explorer seems to be handling the children of double spent transactions incorrectly, by keeping the child even though it spends an non existent (anymore) parent. Talking about this specifically for the address 3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw, where transaction aeda87df670ffb542404b4aaa3c43f43d7924ef18acbc049ee3fa9c9bbe395f3 seems to subtract from the balance even though it is not valid. Works on BTC.com, but I thought I should let you know.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:14:44 PM

Blocktrail.com's Bitcoin explorer seems to be handling the children of double spent transactions incorrectly, by keeping the child even though it spends an non existent (anymore) parent. Talking about this specifically for the address 3NSvhvYYBMVh1bPyKWjPfyiF3RHAAgsgtw, where transaction aeda87df670ffb542404b4aaa3c43f43d7924ef18acbc049ee3fa9c9bbe395f3 seems to subtract from the balance even though it is not valid. Works on BTC.com, but I thought I should let you know.

thanks, I've let the dev team know

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:19:47 PM

New article out:

https://coinjournal.net/btc-com-lowers-bitcoin-transaction-costs-dynamic-fees-segwit/

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:34:22 AM

You can now purchase bitcoin and bitcoin cash in our wallet!

Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:19:47 PM

BTC.com has BLOCKED MY IP for over two weeks and not responded to my tickets...
I have lost access to my BCH account and suffered a HUGE loss because of their incompetence and poor service.

I recently changed my password of my BCH wallet.. (ONLY BECAUSE THEY RECOMMENDED IT...IT WAS FINE AND WORKING FOR MANY MONTH BEFORE THE UPGRADE !!!!)
I was given a secret bunch of words needed for recovery..mnemonic

I was VERY careful to write it down EXACTLY...it was entered twice to be updated so there was no chance of mistaking it.
I saved the secret words mnemonic they sent me..

Immediately after the password I receive email confirmation of the change and proceeded to the wallet ONLY TO BE TOLD the password/login info was NOT correct..

BULL...FUCKING SHIT..it was the correct exact one from only a few minuted earlier..
I tried the recovery procedure only to be told the the secret word mnemonic was NOT correct...BULL FUCKING SHIT it is the exact one  I JUST RECEIVED...

Now over two weeks and several tickets later

AND STILL NO ANSWER OR SUPPORT......

I should have know better than to trust these fuckers......I KNEW that NO BCH wallet is SAFE...
this is the second time I have had large amount of BCH STOLEN because of the FUCKING SHIT WALLETS...

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
mulo

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:57:36 AM

I have lost access to my BCH account and suffered a HUGE loss because of their incompetence and poor service.

I recently changed my password of my BCH wallet.. (ONLY BECAUSE THEY RECOMMENDED IT...IT WAS FINE AND WORKING FOR MANY MONTH BEFORE THE UPGRADE !!!!)

I was VERY careful to write it down EXACTLY...it was entered twice to be updated so there was no chance of mistaking it.

Immediately after the password I receive email confirmation of the change and proceeded to the wallet ONLY TO BE TOLD the password/login info was NOT correct..

BULL...FUCKING SHIT..it was the correct exact one from only a few minuted earlier..
I tried the recovery procedure only to be told the the secret word mnemonic was NOT correct...BULL FUCKING SHIT it is the exact one  I JUST RECEIVED...

I should have know better than to trust these fuckers......I KNEW that NO BCH wallet is SAFE...
this is the second time I have had large amount of BCH STOLEN because of the FUCKING SHIT WALLETS...

Nearly same problem here, can not recover my pass from recovery sheet, IP was blocked and no anwers from support for more than 2 weeks. What is going on with them?
mulo

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

It looks like nobody cares.
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:08:15 PM

Nothing has been stolen, i'll contact you through PM for your support ticket - must of been an error from our support department. Apologies for that.

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:08:49 PM

It looks like nobody cares.

please check your DM's - we will get this fixed. Nothing has been stolen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: