Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you help me to sign message in electrum with 2 factor authentication.  (Read 615 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:15:12 PM

Hi guys can you help me to sign message in electrum with 2 factor authentication because i am having a problem once i generate signature in signmessage with my address giving error after click sign message..

I hope someone can help about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:17:59 PM

Hi guys can you help me to sign message in electrum with 2 factor authentication because i am having a problem once i generate signature in signmessage with my address giving error after click sign message..

electrum using 2fa? im never hear about it, im not use electrum, i use mycellium and coinbase, if you can backup your private key, maybe you can export it to mycellium and do sign message at mycellium.
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:21:35 PM

electrum using 2fa? im never hear about it, im not use electrum, i use mycellium and coinbase, if you can backup your private key, maybe you can export it to mycellium and do sign message at mycellium.
Can you link me if where can i get the download link the mycellium?
Also i would like to ask if after i use mycellinium i can still get back it to electrum to use my address again in electrum?

Looks like this is for android .. do you have any alternative to transfer the address?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 08:13:06 PM

Can you link me if where can i get the download link the mycellium?
Also i would like to ask if after i use mycellinium i can still get back it to electrum to use my address again in electrum?

Looks like this is for android .. do you have any alternative to transfer the address?

You simply cant sign with multi sig (or any pay to script hash) address. Your 2fa is very likey exactly that. You can export one private key and sign a message with it (electrum works fine for that as well). It would be for a different (version 1) address though.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
mmmmyah

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:17:47 PM

Are there any plans to introduce this functionality in Electrum via the usual trustedcoin mechanism? I too would like to sign a message for a 3x two factor address  - it's actually required when changing my gribble bitcoin address on #bitcoin-otc  from my old bitcoin qt wallet to this new one.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:28:40 PM

Are there any plans to introduce this functionality in Electrum via the usual trustedcoin mechanism? I too would like to sign a message for a 3x two factor address  - it's actually required when changing my gribble bitcoin address on #bitcoin-otc  from my old bitcoin qt wallet to this new one.

See one post above:

You simply cant sign with multi sig (or any pay to script hash) address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: