Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7 Batch 8 - Problem - [SOLVED]  (Read 1915 times)
CHINOCRAZYNAKED (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:37:28 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 04:02:40 AM by CHINOCRAZYNAKED

Hello!

Sorry for my english.

I have 3 antminer s7 batch 8 for about 8 months, yesterday i have my first problem,

• I first notice that one miner have the red light button on, I turn off for about 15min with the same reaction
  • I unplugged all the cables and put it back few minutes later
  • I notice the fan cooler of the back don't start properly and the front fan cooler is working more noisy than usual

What it could it be, what are the specification of the fan cooler?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 05:44:02 PM

Seems like your miners have trouble cooling.
If the back fan isn't working properly, the front one will try to compensate but it won't create a good flow and your miners won't work properly.
I'd look into replacing the fans.

Are all your miners doing the same thing?
CHINOCRAZYNAKED (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:43:25 AM

this week i will replace the fan cooler!

The other miners aren't giving me problems at all!

Thank you! Keep you post it!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:20:51 PM

this week i will replace the fan cooler!

The other miners aren't giving me problems at all!

Thank you! Keep you post it!

Also you might try swapping fan's you do have before ordering to make sure it is fan.   If it is back fan the problem should follow, and the good thing is to test this should not take long likely less then 10 minutes to test.

But if you do make sure to get proper fan for S7.  You can order direct from Bitmain, or if in US BitmainWarranty also sells fan's.  But I would order from a official source personally being those two.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:02:10 AM

Hello!

Sorry for my english.

I have 3 antminer s7 batch 8 for about 8 months, yesterday i have my first problem,

• I first notice that one miner have the red light button on, I turn off for about 15min with the same reaction
  • I unplugged all the cables and put it back few minutes later
  • I notice the fan cooler of the back don't start properly and the front fan cooler is working more noisy than usual

What it could it be, what are the specification of the fan cooler?

Thank you

As mentioned above this could be a cooling problem. The second fan will be louder and more active in order to compensate for this.
I think it was the Antminer S7s that are technically made so that they only need one fan in function at any time, though It's a good idea tokeep monitoring the temperature of the miner ever 15 minutes by te GUI on a temporary bases to ensure there's no prolonged problems.
It may be a good idea to do what the second poster stated and try stwitching around the fans in order to see if it's the fan that's broken or if it's just the cables between them. I've also heard that other problems can lead to warning lights and beeping such as poor internet connection, so it may be good to check this stuff aswell and ensure that the frequency is at the correct amount for it to properly function.
anakinisme

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 09:10:16 PM

100% is the fan that cause this issue to happen. Change a new 1 will be fine.
CHINOCRAZYNAKED (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:01:28 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies.

The problem is Fixed! But I spend a lot of time looking the proper fan cooler!

I bought one in my country and the fan cooler was a scam, so I bought it in amazon with no problems so far! I made the test as recommended and the cooler and hashing was better than ever!

Thanks everyone!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: