Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:40:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Ethereum Classic dapps will put Ethereum dapps out of business  (Read 2439 times)
Azael (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:25:56 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 06:37:25 AM by Azael

Parity is inevitable at some point since ETH and ETC are the same with one distinction which makes one better than the other depending on who you ask but fact remains we've essentially had a 'stock split' and the market will catch up at some point. The ETC market has been created by ETH holders who've sold their hedge.

ETC can and will fork any ETH developments this includes any useful DAPPS made on the ETH platform. The difference is that DAPPS on the ETH platform will do their ITOs to fund development and the forked DAPPS on the ETC platform will do their ITOs to fund a salesforce.

So at the stage your average ETH DAPP finishes development ETC has a much higher probability of reaping all the benefits due to being able to raise capital on the ETC platform and avoid spending it on a development process.

Sounds really weird it is fair game as long as it is open source which most projects in ETH is.

twitter.com/erikledgers
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:35:29 PM

I'm curious where the more popular Ethereum projects will put there dapps.  Will it be in Ethereum Classic or the forked version?  These projects are Etherex, Boardroom, Akasha, Gnosis and many more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:02:49 PM

I'm curious where the more popular Ethereum projects will put there dapps.  Will it be in Ethereum Classic or the forked version?  These projects are Etherex, Boardroom, Akasha, Gnosis and many more.

Protip: All the Dapps are going on Synereo.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:13:12 PM

Protip: All the Dapps are going on Synereo.

Synereo and WBB Cheesy

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 01:36:54 PM by iamnotback

I'm curious where the more popular Ethereum projects will put there dapps.  Will it be in Ethereum Classic or the forked version?  These projects are Etherex, Boardroom, Akasha, Gnosis and many more.

How can they control which blockchain users want to run the Dapp on unless they make it centralized and then just rename it App  Huh

Parity is inevitable at some point since ETH and ETC are the same with one distinction which makes one better than the other depending on who you ask but fact remains we've essentially had a 'stock split' and the market will catch up at some point. The ETC market has been created by ETH holders who've sold their hedge.

Why only parity when ETC is immutable trustless, and ETH is centralized politics? ETC can parasite all the development on ETH. ETH has no more competitive advantage. Vitalik lost his mandate when hardfurked his baby.

Rather I expect a death spiral for ETH.
Azael (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:46:51 PM

I'm curious where the more popular Ethereum projects will put there dapps.  Will it be in Ethereum Classic or the forked version?  These projects are Etherex, Boardroom, Akasha, Gnosis and many more.

If ETH is the dominant chain by the time Xdapp is done they will chose ETH but it will be forked to the ETC chain and likely lead by a ETC based group. And if ETC is the dominant chain then it will go on ETC. I think the first DAPP out disregard which platform has the cheaper gas costs over what platform has the most interest and user adoption at the time. At the end of the day it's just business.

And there's the thing about well if you raised money on ETH and then go ETC ETHers will not take it well.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Azael (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:52:49 PM

How can they control which blockchain users want to run the Dapp on unless they make it centralized and then just rename it App  Huh

Why only parity when ETC is immutable trustless, and ETH is centralized politics? ETC can parasite all the development on ETH. ETH has no more competitive advantage. Vitalik lost his mandate when hardfurked his baby.

Rather I expect a death spiral for ETH.

I never said 'only' parity.

twitter.com/erikledgers
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:34:42 PM

I see something really, really strange going on. The miners keep increasing ETC support, but a dump is ongoing and ETH and the freaking DAO, yes the freaking DAO which I have no fucking idea how it is even still in business, is having a big pump right now... what in the fuck? Something strange is going on.

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:11:18 AM

Have any ETH projects switched to Classic yet, any important known ones that is?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:11:47 AM

ETC can and will fork any ETH developments this includes any useful DAPPS made on the ETH platform. The difference is that DAPPS on the ETH platform will do their ITOs to fund development and the forked DAPPS on the ETC platform will do their ITOs to fund a salesforce.

So at the stage your average ETH DAPP finishes development ETC has a much higher probability of reaping all the benefits due to being able to raise capital on the ETC platform and avoid spending it on a development process.

Sounds really weird it is fair game as long as it is open source which most projects in ETH is.

Why would the dapp developers and start ups build on the forked chain if that is the case? It would be better for them to build straight in the original chain. The users trust it more. I see that the original chain will be a problem for the Ethereum foundation that will not go away.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Herp

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:15:01 AM

Why would the dapp developers and start ups build on the forked chain if that is the case? It would be better for them to build straight in the original chain. The users trust it more. I see that the original chain will be a problem for the Ethereum foundation that will not go away.

Thing is, most apps promised to use the forked chain, ETH not ETC. So I'm asking again, have any apps showed an interest in switching over to ETC?

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Azael (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:31:11 AM

Currently gas costs on ETC is one competitive advantage to ETH. And whether or not users and developers trust the ETH chain anymore is debatable. My point is that any crowdfunding on ETC platform can simply be for salesforce to compete with the same ETH dapp that has used all their funds on development. Anybody forking a dapp already existing in ETH and doing it on ETH will have a harder time crowdfunding anything hence there is easy business on ETC chain to be created.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Azael (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:35:04 AM

Thing is, most apps promised to use the forked chain, ETH not ETC. So I'm asking again, have any apps showed an interest in switching over to ETC?

It is in their best interest to 'promise to use the forked chain' as long as it is the dominant one. Should it change why from a business perspective should you stay on it or at least not support ETC chain as well?

Almost every DAPP on ETH is OS I actually don't know one that isn't. Anyone can fork any useful DAPP ETH makes to ETC. See my point?

twitter.com/erikledgers
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:41:17 AM

It is in their best interest to 'promise to use the forked chain' as long as it is the dominant one. Should it change why from a business perspective should you stay on it or at least not support ETC chain as well?

Almost every DAPP on ETH is OS I actually don't know one that isn't. Anyone can fork any useful DAPP ETH makes to ETC. See my point?

Yes good point. Vitalik and the Ethereum foundation is already cornered. They have created their own biggest problem with the original Ethereum classic gaining traction with real support from the people. Some people are skeptical about ETC but they do not think of it 1 or 2 years from now.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:56:16 AM

Honestly, what applications ?
Herp

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:35:29 PM

I second that. There are none that jumped ship.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:55:35 AM

No one has but think about this situation. Let us say that the hash rate of the original chain is already at 50-50 with the forked chain and still gaining. Still the dapp makers in ETH are not yet jumping ship. But what if someone "copies" the ideas from the fork and continue them in the original? Like someone copying Augur and they call it Augur Classic or something with the same functionality and operating in the slightly winning chain.

Of course I am only speculating that it might happen.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Azael (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:26:11 AM

Rightfully so. Anyway why so nervous?

twitter.com/erikledgers
Herp

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:03:02 AM

Everyone can fork Bitcoin and start a new coin. It doesn't mean it will go places without a dev team and a community behind it. The fact those DAPPs are open source doesn't mean that much in itself.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:26:36 AM

No one has but think about this situation. Let us say that the hash rate of the original chain is already at 50-50 with the forked chain and still gaining. Still the dapp makers in ETH are not yet jumping ship. But what if someone "copies" the ideas from the fork and continue them in the original? Like someone copying Augur and they call it Augur Classic or something with the same functionality and operating in the slightly winning chain.

Of course I am only speculating that it might happen.

Gnosis is still sticking with the forked eth. This can change with the very fluid back and forth taking place.

Classic needs some time to grow and I believe it will. At this time, projects will flip sides.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: