Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much user BTC does OKcoin hold?  (Read 194 times)
boogi (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:27:54 AM

Cant help but think how catastrophic it would be if OKcoin got hacked, Wondering how much btc they hold and what security measures they take.
for instance cold storage would be a great precaution, since bitfinex didn't seem it was necessary.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:17:00 PM

Not quite sure about it but just looking at the statistics they provide, they have an average volume of BTC 1.5M.
Bitfinex is more dominant than OKCoin since Bitfinex holds over 7x more volume. That's considering the current time. So if okcoin is to go down, it wouldn't give the same effect as what bitfinex did.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:24:49 PM

Quite not sure about how much they hold and also actual data on how much bitfinex had hold during the attack is still unknown and also no any exact amount that got stolen is given out. Price is moving in uncertainty and lots of panic created in traders including me. This over night hack event has also make me lost significant in value but not direct lost of bitcoin because i haven't any in bitfinex.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:27:40 PM

Quite not sure about how much they hold and also actual data on how much bitfinex had hold during the attack is still unknown and also no any exact amount that got stolen is given out. Price is moving in uncertainty and lots of panic created in traders including me. This over night hack event has also make me lost significant in value but not direct lost of bitcoin because i haven't any in bitfinex.
It couldn't have been as much as every thinks because the price is on the rebound right now and is continue to increase towards what it was before the hack attack happened yesterday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: