Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldCarrot.com | Earn Bitcoins by completing offers/surveys  (Read 5537 times)
DougP (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:39:20 AM

Hey everyone,

http://www.GoldCarrot.com/ now offers Bitcoins as a reward for completing offers, signing up to websites, LIKE'ing things on facebook, creating youtube videos, and referring your friends.

The site works like most Point/Reward sites, if you are unfamiliar with these types of sites feel free to ask questions!

Create your free account: http://www.goldcarrot.com/register.php
1 Account per household. All countries welcome.

You can earn Gold on the site by,
-Completing Offers which are things like registering to websites, completing surveys, signing up for services like Netflix. (we have offers for most countries)
-Watching YouTube Ads (US only)
-Completing Tasks like Facebook Liking, Twitter Following, and doing various things online.
-Betting and Playing Tic-Tac-Toe against other users
-Betting on the outcome of future events (sports events)
-Referring friends, you get 10% of the Gold earned by your friends.
You can refer friends who want other prizes such as DeviantArt Points, Amazon GCs, Gaia Cash, Habbo Coins, etc. See all rewards-> http://www.goldcarrot.com/redeem_rewards.php
Spamming your referral link will get you banned from our GoldCarrot.com Its recommended you just stuff your referral link in things like forum signatures, your facebook stream, in a tweet, etc.

Then you redeem for BitCoins, minimum withdraw of 0.01
http://www.goldcarrot.com/redeem_rewards.php?prize=151

By completing offers you should be able to make 0.25 BitCoin in a day or so. We have 1,600 offers in our database spread among all countries, so there are plenty of opportunities to earn.

I've been giving out free $Linden in SecondLife for a few years with this same setup, and it seems to work for everyone involved. I'm of course open to feedback on how to improve the site.

Questions, comments, or concerns just let me know!

Where does the money come from that buys the BitCoins?
-BitCoins are bought with money paid to the site from advertisers. So when you complete an offer for instance, the advertiser will pay the site $0.50 USD. Then we give you $0.45 and keep $0.05 for running the site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobzInadE

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:43:46 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 01:40:59 PM by RobzInadE

I can't find any options for Bitcoin payments on the site? I only see PayPal and "Gold points".

EDIT: Oh i see now. They're paying a total number of 0.10BTC. (It says "10 left!")
0.01BTC for each 200th "Gold Point".

God i hate theese sites lol.
DougP (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:47:32 AM

I canno't find any options for Bitcoin payments on the site? I only see PayPal and "Gold points"

If you are logged in:
Click on Redeem at the top, and then click on Rewards. Its the first on the Rewards page.

If you aren't logged in:
http://www.goldcarrot.com/redeem_rewards.php?prize=151

BitCoin is one out of 100s of prizes/rewards that the site is setup for. Because of that you have to earn Cash/GoldPoints. And then use those to redeem for the BitCoin.

Hope that helps!

EDIT:
These sites aren't meant for everyone! Since BitCoin users are more tech savvy than the users we typically target, I'd imagine BTCrs would get the most out of the site by just using the referral system and bringing others onboard who want some of the random prizes.

I'm hoping this will at least offer another option for getting free'ish (even if its small) amounts of BitCoins to be spread around.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:08:00 PM

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Also happens for register.php
DougP (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:12:51 PM

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Also happens for register.php

You might be behind a proxy. One of the main issues with sites like this, is fraud coming from the users, so we've had to try and limit proxy access. If thats not the case, then I'm not sure what else it could be at the moment.  Lips sealed
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:52:09 PM

You aren't hashing passwords! My god man, you dare use the lulzsec picture and you don't even understand the most basic security step to protect your users!?!?!
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:25:50 PM

You aren't hashing passwords! My god man, you dare use the lulzsec picture and you don't even understand the most basic security step to protect your users!?!?!
I know, I almost called out troll...
DougP (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:25:12 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2011, 01:37:27 AM by DougP

I wasn't aware that lulzsec adopted that image, its been my favorite forum avatar for awhile now since seeing the whole set of that version of reaction faces.

Didn't mean to offend with it, switched to a different one.  Wink

Sadly, I thought hashing passwords for a site like this would be more work for the users, mainly during password recovery time. Also you would be surprised at how many users forget their password immediately after registration. [removed my long explanation]

Hashing the passwords now and setting up a new password recovery tool to put everyones mind at ease.  Smiley

EDIT: User details now encrypted for current users and all future users. As a sidenote we've given out 0.15 BTC so far aswell as some Amazon GCs and Game Cards today.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:44:48 AM

I'm so tight about security, I use hashing on my image names!
I'm being serious
Code:
$this->imghash = sha1(md5($api.$site).$cotent.md5($color));
Actual code pulled from my script Grin

Anyways, I personally never found any profit in doing surveys recently.
It's a good idea though.

DougP (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:14:47 AM

All payments have been sent out as of today. Lots of BTC and Amazon Card requests!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: