Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UBER will start accepting cash (Panama)  (Read 192 times)
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:29:47 PM

taken and translated from this article
https://pensandopanama.com/2016/08/03/uber-empezara-a-aceptar-efectivo-en-panama/

Now that UBER will start taking cash I can foreshadow the following:

1. The taxi cabs will form an uproar cause there will literally be no difference in the service they provide. UBER has been lowering bar when it comes to vehicles they accept; Entry level vans to picantos which four month ago would have not been allowed to work with them. This past Saturday, I hailed a ride and it seemed I was riding in a clown car, my head kept hitting the ceiling.

2. Thief are going to start spotting UBER cars and target them, the same way they target taxi cabs, to commit all sorts of crimes.

3. Organized crime will be able to japai (wreck havoc), they'd just have to go to a chinito(convenience store), buy a prepaid phone and just create a fake profile, now that no credit card is required. It will be even more discrete than a regular taxi cab.

4. The quality of the service will degrade, since most premium drivers will move on to other platforms like cabify.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: