Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:20:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 BTC Giveaway - what might be happening.  (Read 7462 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:49:24 AM

Like pocket the money and keep silent?  Grin
You'd need to do a lot more if you want to avoid getting arrested (in the case that they're stolen).

So Lauda, you took 1 btc without any problem... right ?
Why would there be a problem? Everyone who was on IRC at that time and had posted an address had received 1 BTC (excluding Mitchell, he got 2 BTC - I guess because he was the first to respond).

I didn't say that is a problem, you only received part of stolen bitcoins from probably TF (it's not a problem).

I like how people are jealous of people who were given some BTC. Hope you guys also get few BTC as tip, as i am highly interested in what you would do with them.
I don't think you people are as saint as you want people to think you are. In fact; i know you are not.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:52:05 AM

Like pocket the money and keep silent?  Grin
You'd need to do a lot more if you want to avoid getting arrested (in the case that they're stolen).

So Lauda, you took 1 btc without any problem... right ?
Why would there be a problem? Everyone who was on IRC at that time and had posted an address had received 1 BTC (excluding Mitchell, he got 2 BTC - I guess because he was the first to respond).

I didn't say that is a problem, you only received part of stolen bitcoins from probably TF (it's not a problem).

I like how people are jealous of people who were given some BTC. Hope you guys also get few BTC as tip, as i am highly interested in what you would do with them.
I don't think you people are as saint as you want people to think you are. In fact; i know you are not.

Nah, I'm not jealous... just to try understand more about those stolen funds of TF (nothing else).
I hope you too get few BTC as tip.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:14:22 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 09:48:21 AM by Mitchełł

I already posted this in the previous thread, but it seems that some have missed it, so let me repost it:

13tikBdmMVkyuykDVNmv3tTr8YkVN3Xrut is only mentioned in malevolent's post and they stated that it's a possible address of TF. They never explained why and how they came to that conclusion. Not saying I don't trust malevolent's research, but the address has been mentioned just once throughout the whole forum, which makes it very weak proof. Also, if you look at the inputs of the address it looks more like a mining address seeing as a lot of inputs come from slushpool, which makes it look like it's a legit address without tainted coins.

Like I said, the coins are safely stored for now. Let's see how this plays out

I'm not saying these coins aren't from TF, it just seems unlikely IMO with the proof I have seen (which is almost none). I am however sure that these coins do not belong to the BitFinex hack as none of the inputs are linked to BitFinex. A few people, that I trust, came to this conclusion with some Blockchain analysis.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:53:39 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 10:04:39 AM by ndnhc

I think you guys are watching too many movies  Grin

Grin

Also judging by the number of people with deep green trust participating in this 'giveaway' apparently feedback means jack shit in the grand scheme of things and everyone claiming to be a saint or a vigilante on this forum is nothing more than a sleazy businessman pulling a long con  Grin

Nah, everyone with the green trust intend to return the stolen funds to bitfinex or whatever (or TF if it is from inputs.io hack? Grin) or donate them to a good cause. That is what I'd do. Anyway, I am not sure if I can just convert 1000 BTC to fiat and spend it without any trouble.

I hope you too get few BTC as tip.

hehe
MargonCreatives

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:16:15 AM

I burst in laughter when our respected ( well, at least some say so Grin ) DT member Lutpin tried his luck Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574127.msg15803792#msg15803792

Thank god he did not send him .001 otherwise some innocent may have followed him.

Please guys when you have green trust or on DT don't prticipate in pure BS because this gives non-experienced people a useless hope and get trapped in scams.

░░▒░     
        ░░▒▒▒░     
        ░▒▒▓▓░░   
░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░   
▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░
▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░ ░░░▒▓▓▓▒▒
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒▒░
 ░░▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓
░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░
░░▒▓▓▓░░           
 ░▒▓▓▒░           
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:35:14 AM

I burst in laughter when our respected ( well, at least some say so Grin ) DT member Lutpin tried his luck Tongue

Thank god he did not send him .001 otherwise some innocent may have followed him.

Please guys when you have green trust or on DT don't prticipate in pure BS because this gives non-experienced people a useless hope and get trapped in scams.

Its money..
Now we know who can get bribed lol
SEnergy

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:54:52 AM

even Bill Gates would try his luck if someone would approach him with a FREE ticket to a lottery for 600k$, wouldn't he? there's literally nothing to lose, whoever is not trying his luck on this just because "it's unbelievable that someone would give away that much" can be considered stupid, the guy already proved he has BTC to spare by sending 10BTC to btc eater address and few more BTC to anyone on IRC, again, not participating in a FREE lottery is just... stupid
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:02:35 AM

You have no idea how hard theymos and the admins are trying to resist participating in that giveaway. Tongue

It costs nothing, so why do you take it as some sort of vouch? I'd expect a trusted member to put the Bitcoins to good use than the hacker's alt in the impossible event of the former winning the giveaway.
Secondstrade spammer

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:13:48 AM

Why don't he comes back with another account and starts the giveaway again?

For me he's just trolling and no one will receive anything and the coins won't move
robinH

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:30:27 AM

Isn't it amazing the number of green trusted accounts that participated in this scam? Greed indeed is the root of all evil. They all are a bunch of classless hypocrites if you ask me. And if this was some sort of social experiment for honesty, It was successful in exposing the kind of people we have moderating this forum. Little wonder scams thrive here.

You can argue this whichever way you want, but the fact is the OP "rekcahxfb" hinted he was the one that hacked and stole from Bitfinex. He could have being lying. I think he was. And all this was a deliberate hoax to fool people into believing he possessed much more than 1000 btc, and could easily give that much away.

I am not claiming to be any different. Far from it. But  these mods/saints and "highly trusted" accounts proved they are nothing more than plaster saints. Be careful when dealing with them. If they were ready to receive stolen funds, they are capable of anything. It is easy to fake honesty on an anonymous forum.

They red trusted the rekcahxfb account only when the rules of the giveaway changed to ask for deposits. That account should have been negative bombed as soon as it claimed it was behind the Bitfinex hack. Now they are sulking because they wont be getting their greedy mitts on the bounty. SMH
hermesesus

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 11:34:09 AM

even Bill Gates would try his luck if someone would approach him with a FREE ticket to a lottery for 600k$, wouldn't he? there's literally nothing to lose, whoever is not trying his luck on this just because "it's unbelievable that someone would give away that much" can be considered stupid, the guy already proved he has BTC to spare by sending 10BTC to btc eater address and few more BTC to anyone on IRC, again, not participating in a FREE lottery is just... stupid
I don't think so
Participating in a free lottery ≠ trying to receive goods which origin is suspicious
In the first case it is just a game without consequence
In the second case it is greed (with legal risk?)

Isn't it amazing the number of green trusted accounts that participated in this scam? Greed indeed is the root of all evil. They all are a bunch of classless hypocrites if you ask me. And if this was some sort of social experiment for honesty, It was successful in exposing the kind of people we have moderating this forum. Little wonder scams thrive here.

You can argue this whichever way you want, but the fact is the OP "rekcahxfb" hinted he was the one that hacked and stole from Bitfinex. He could have being lying. I think he was. And all this was a deliberate hoax to fool people into believing he possessed much more than 1000 btc, and could easily give that much away.

I am not claiming to be any different. Far from it. But  these mods/saints and "highly trusted" accounts proved they are nothing more than plaster saints. Be careful when dealing with them. If they were ready to receive stolen funds, they are capable of anything. It is easy to fake honesty on an anonymous forum.

They red trusted the rekcahxfb account only when the rules of the giveaway changed to ask for deposits. That account should have been negative bombed as soon as it claimed it was behind the Bitfinex hack. Now they are sulking because they wont be getting their greedy mitts on the bounty. SMH
Thank you!
robinH

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:41:22 AM

You have no idea how hard theymos and the admins are trying to resist participating in that giveaway. Tongue

It costs nothing, so why do you take it as some sort of vouch? I'd expect a trusted member to put the Bitcoins to good use than the hacker's alt in the impossible event of the former winning the giveaway.

And who is to say they did not participate?   Wink .....All those new accounts?
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:57:01 AM

I am not claiming to be any different. Far from it. But  these mods/saints and "highly trusted" accounts proved they are nothing more than plaster saints. Be careful when dealing with them. If they were ready to receive stolen funds, they are capable of anything. It is easy to fake honesty on an anonymous forum.

Few points to note:
1. funds are from 2013.
2. in his own words: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574270.msg15820828#msg15820828)
rekcahxfb [9:12 AM]  
​*PSA*​
I have not provided any evidence I am the bitfinex hacker. Please do not trust random people. Even if they throw around a thousand BTC.
There are scammers already and there will be more. I will NEVER ask you for money.
You are completely ignoring the possibility that the funds may be legit.
3. You are expected to rely on your own head while deciding to participate in any giveaway. All the participants in the thread will react the same and participate in the giveaway even if X, Y or Z did not participate in the giveaway. Thread is way too long anyway.
4. The giveaway is free to participate, which makes your entire accusation meaningless.
5. If I am to decide who gets 1000BTC between a hacker and a trusted person, I will pick the latter. The former is very likely to use it for his own personal wants, and the proceeds aren't like to reach the victims.
6. No trusted or untrusted member won the giveaway yet. Please be patient. Grin
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:09:25 PM

Sure the rekcahxfb account was hacked?

Before:
1BfxSuxJqXuizBbTcP238JZY9DT4eqvzJG -> Bitfinex Sucks

After:
1FvCk1jTsy7AvmnpeKnrfHSJnfX7om7fNM -> Should be obvious

The hacker sets a weak password and lets another hacker (who coincidentally isn't very good at English and with significantly different characteristics) hack the hacker's account. How likely is that?
The hack was staged. Everything is.  Cool
robinH

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:50:14 PM

I am not claiming to be any different. Far from it. But  these mods/saints and "highly trusted" accounts proved they are nothing more than plaster saints. Be careful when dealing with them. If they were ready to receive stolen funds, they are capable of anything. It is easy to fake honesty on an anonymous forum.

Few points to note:
1. funds are from 2013.
2. in his own words: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574270.msg15820828#msg15820828)
rekcahxfb [9:12 AM]  
​*PSA*​
I have not provided any evidence I am the bitfinex hacker. Please do not trust random people. Even if they throw around a thousand BTC.
There are scammers already and there will be more. I will NEVER ask you for money.
You are completely ignoring the possibility that the funds may be legit.
3. You are expected to rely on your own head while deciding to participate in any giveaway. All the participants in the thread will react the same and participate in the giveaway even if X, Y or Z did not participate in the giveaway. Thread is way too long anyway.
4. The giveaway is free to participate, which makes your entire accusation meaningless.
5. If I am to decide who gets 1000BTC between a hacker and a trusted person, I will pick the latter. The former is very likely to use it for his own personal wants, and the proceeds aren't like to reach the victims.
6. No trusted or untrusted member won the giveaway yet. Please be patient. Grin

I participated up until I read this:

UPDATE:

original post updated with dead mans switch

this signed raw transaction will send 1000 btc to 1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE in a week.

Code:
01000000010b05fdf5fe9dd5c1edc0c37bbd939d6a96dacccea398cdf9aae873c62b583ecc01000 0008a47304402204506f42bc2ed8920e719c7f5da77f01c81dfa0e0873869d9be067af12706f006 02206967c1018bd33528e73438c13ac2664eec7c7e1d6a743652ec96681897017f25014104c5eb9 7c372d1666166497a9f8937c7f351fe679977e0b04ff304596a4f1f984c95b1458fec741e1b414d c5c3a6adb6c75fc4a370952d08e59197e94e7eced185000000000100e87648170000001976a9147 59d6677091e973b9e9d99f19c68fbf43e3f05f988ac287c0600

Quote from: Jelly0621 on August 03, 2016, 02:08:35 PM
Wow! How did he manage to have that huge amount  ? From gambling?  Or own pocket?

reverse my name

Then I deleted my bitcoin address. At this point, the hacker or whomever they are, a scammer maybe, implied he hacked Bitfinex. You can feign ignorance all you want about the source of funds, but that was what they implied. It is not my problem, I am not here to banter words with anybody and I dont have a problem with anybody participating. To each his/her own.

The point I was trying to get across, which you have deliberately ignored, is that moderators and green trusted accounts, are not to be trusted. If they participated in that giveaway, knowing that the funds could possibly have being hacked from Bitfinex. Or it could be from TradeFortress, a known scammer. Google "Tradefortress bitcoin" and see the results for yourself. I am not judging anyone, I am only calling out the mods and "trusted" accounts like yours.

ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:00:03 PM

The point I was trying to get across, which you have deliberately ignored, is that moderators and green trusted accounts, are not to be trusted. If they participated in that giveaway, knowing that the funds could possibly have being hacked from Bitfinex. Or it could have been from TradeFortress, a known scammer.

and they could give it back to the victims if they won it. Is that wrong?

It comes down to what one would do in the case that they won and it was proven to be stolen money.
robinH

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:03:45 PM

The point I was trying to get across, which you have deliberately ignored, is that moderators and green trusted accounts, are not to be trusted. If they participated in that giveaway, knowing that the funds could possibly have being hacked from Bitfinex. Or it could have been from TradeFortress, a known scammer.

and they could give it back to the victims if they won it. Is that wrong?

It comes down to what one would do in the case that they won and it was proven to be stolen money.

Yeah right! To give it back to the victim  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. Not to keep , and live out your dreams? So it was well-intentioned. I hear you.
SEnergy

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:05:35 PM

I don't think so
Participating in a free lottery ≠ trying to receive goods which origin is suspicious
In the first case it is just a game without consequence
In the second case it is greed (with legal risk?)

several times, it's been said SEVERAL times already, that those coins are from 2013, not from the bitfinex hack and a lot of them come directly from mining on slush pool, but that's okay, don't participate, better chances to win for me
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:08:02 PM

Yeah right! To give it back to the victim  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. Not to keep , and live out your dreams? So it was well-intentioned. I hear you.

Right. I don't intend to keep it myself. Smiley
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:10:39 PM

Then I deleted my bitcoin address. At this point, the hacker or whomever they are, a scammer maybe, implied he hacked Bitfinex. You can feign ignorance all you want about the source of funds, but that was what they implied. It is not my problem, I am not here to banter words with anybody and I dont have a problem with anybody participating. To each his/her own.

The point I was trying to get across, which you have deliberately ignored, is that moderators and green trusted accounts, are not to be trusted. If they participated in that giveaway, knowing that the funds could possibly have being hacked from Bitfinex. Or it could be from TradeFortress, a known scammer. Google "Tradefortress bitcoin" and see the results for yourself. I am not judging anyone, I am only calling out the mods and "trusted" accounts like yours.

"Green Trust" in these boards means nothing, if you're going to trust in someone based on that, you're gonna have a bad time.

At some point TradeFortress was the most "trusted" account here, several other most "trusted" accounts scammed people here.

BTW, it is not clear what happened with inputs.io, coins could just have been stolen like he said.

Also, there's no link between rekcahxfb coins and the ones stolen from Bitfinex, even if he is the one who stole from Bitfinex he can give the coins he signed and that's totally legit, although I don't think anyone here is buying he is actually the guy who hacked Bitfinex.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: