Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ATH by July 2017  (Read 4839 times)
BlackSpidy (OP)

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

Everyone that sold under $500 forgot the halving just happened. They're in for some regret these coming months of a halved production rate. So far, it seems the worst-case scenario of a cascading hashrate reduction, fueled by blocks taking longer and longer to mine (because of slow difficulty adjustment) did not and will not happen. I ran the numbers through my arbitrary-line-drawer and totes-legit-math-machine. And it told me to expect bitcoin's price to be above $1200 July 13th 2017.

Be ready. Use cold storage. Stay away from HYIPs.

Good luck, everyone!

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:17:18 PM

Everyone that sold under $500 forgot the halving just happened. They're in for some regret these coming months of a halved production rate. So far, it seems the worst-case scenario of a cascading hashrate reduction, fueled by blocks taking longer and longer to mine (because of slow difficulty adjustment) did not and will not happen. I ran the numbers through my arbitrary-line-drawer and totes-legit-math-machine. And it told me to expect bitcoin's price to be above $1200 July 13th 2017.

Good luck, everyone!

Too late... need to be rich NOW. Not a year from NOW, motherf*ker

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Zaducis

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:38:43 AM

Good luck, everyone!

I think that will happen in 12 to 15 months for a new all time high.  However, it relies on the mass adoption.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:49:10 AM

Why not first let the price reach the $1000 barrier again, or at least $900 before speculating about a new ATH? It will already be a great achievement if we somehow manage to hit $900-$1000 next year.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:23:40 AM

ATH was $1,100 way back Nov of 2013. We need to see more projects that will require people to buy Bitcoin so that price of Bitcoin will increase to an ATH. What I noticed is Bitcoins is used by the same group of people and if there are new comers, they earn and convert to Fiat, we need someone who will use it, keep it, trade with it.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:51:24 AM

The current growth is strong and also support below 500$ on massive dump after recent hack is even more stronger than anyone has thought. So may be we will acheive new ATH or may be price will be around 1000$ by next year for sure.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:13:57 AM

ATH was $1,100 way back Nov of 2013. We need to see more projects that will require people to buy Bitcoin so that price of Bitcoin will increase to an ATH. What I noticed is Bitcoins is used by the same group of people and if there are new comers, they earn and convert to Fiat, we need someone who will use it, keep it, trade with it.

nah, we don't need things that get hyped up in order to get the price to increase. hypes never last long in the world of bitcoin. it means that the price will go down again, ans thus all efforts to make the price go up will go to waste. i am more interested in genuine demand coming from people actually using and buying bitcoin as you also mentioned.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:33:04 AM

nah, we don't need things that get hyped up in order to get the price to increase. hypes never last long in the world of bitcoin. it means that the price will go down again, ans thus all efforts to make the price go up will go to waste. i am more interested in genuine demand coming from people actually using and buying bitcoin as you also mentioned.

Things that get hyped up so badly that there were two ATH's in 2013. That's why the bear market afterwards lasted so long. If things get hyped up that badly again we might see another two ATH's in one year but years of bear market afterwards. I'm happy if we get one ATH in 2017 due to reduced supply from the halving. I think it will happen in 2017 without any need for hype.
Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:42:28 AM

Things that get hyped up so badly that there were two ATH's in 2013. That's why the bear market afterwards lasted so long. If things get hyped up that badly again we might see another two ATH's in one year but years of bear market afterwards. I'm happy if we get one ATH in 2017 due to reduced supply from the halving. I think it will happen in 2017 without any need for hype.

If the bitcoin price rises to $1200 or even $1500 in July 2017, that will not be a big bubble. It is normal price appreciation.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:40:51 AM

I guess you may be right here. The fact that hash rate only had 1 small dip before returning to previous levels is a good indicactor that miners are not going anywhere.. In addition, the new generation miners is around the corner, making the mining more efficient thus more profitable, which is a good indication that the hash rate is not going to drop in the future.

I think July 2017 is even a bit too far away for a new ATH. I expect to see something like 2013, where we get a good rally by the end of the year. The fundementals are ok now, and the new supply is diminishing. Also, the over selling as a result from the bitfinex hack is corrected and we are stable again.
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:53:48 AM

If the bitcoin price rises to $1200 or even $1500 in July 2017, that will not be a big bubble. It is normal price appreciation.

I think so.  I reckon the bitcoin price could reach $2000 by the end of the 2017 if there is no negative news.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:49:27 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 01:55:06 PM by BitHodler

I guess you may be right here. The fact that hash rate only had 1 small dip before returning to previous levels is a good indicactor that miners are not going anywhere.. In addition, the new generation miners is around the corner, making the mining more efficient thus more profitable, which is a good indication that the hash rate is not going to drop in the future.

I think July 2017 is even a bit too far away for a new ATH. I expect to see something like 2013, where we get a good rally by the end of the year. The fundementals are ok now, and the new supply is diminishing. Also, the over selling as a result from the bitfinex hack is corrected and we are stable again.
Care to elaborate on the bolded part? What makes you find that the fundamentals are ok right now?

Have they been any different in the way that they are less or better according to you?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:17:03 PM

The price seems to be holding in a narrow range. The good news is that there is some stability right now. With some increase in demand, the price will just keep rising.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:33:17 PM

Market cap is a better indicator of growth than price. We should be looking to reach an all time high in market cap (around 14 billion back in 2013) rather than price.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:18:49 PM

Market cap is a better indicator of growth than price. We should be looking to reach an all time high in market cap (around 14 billion back in 2013) rather than price.

people only care about price as that affects them directly. market cap don't mean much anyway. a couple of minutes action can knock a few billion off it. did billions change hands? that's a no.
BlackSpidy (OP)

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:50:25 PM

Funny you should mention that. I've been taking the price and organizing the information, to present as a prelude to my pet project "buy $10 of bitcoin every newyear's day and hold in cold storage for 4 years". Anyways, The price seems to be higher by the end of the year, on average (2012-2015 bitstamp). Even excluding 2013 from the equation... December and November are the worst time to buy, the best being February to May (on average, using the daily closing price in bitstamp, according to coindesk). I know I'm doing a very simplistic analysis, but I can't help but feel it points to Bitcoin's inherent deflationary nature. Even though we see harsh crashes from peaks... the floor's always moving up. It's amazing! If you didn't happen to buy at/near a big peak.

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:10:48 PM

I don't think the price will be above $1000, that's still almost doubling in price.
Maybe if another big online retail site starts accepting BTC payment we would have a huge jump,
otherwise I think it will be a slow steady rise with a dip every time some exchange gets hacked or some other such nonsense.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:14:54 PM

I don't think the price will be above $1000, that's still almost doubling in price.
Maybe if another big online retail site starts accepting BTC payment we would have a huge jump,
otherwise I think it will be a slow steady rise with a dip every time some exchange gets hacked or some other such nonsense.

no retailer adopting it has ever had the slightest effect on price as far as I can tell. at best it's a neutral event. there's no incentive for the average consumer to use bitcoin unless they discount like crazy and there's no incentive for the retailer to do that.
talkingleaves

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:56:37 PM

it will definitely be sooner than next July, for many many reasons but sure look here, kim dot com wants to make bitcoin explode presumably by working it into file sharing
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576150.0
maku
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:19:30 AM

it will definitely be sooner than next July, for many many reasons but sure look here, kim dot com wants to make bitcoin explode presumably by working it into file sharing
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576150.0
Yeah, I was really hyped about this project. But I guess he just said that BTC will reach $2000 mainly to self promote his idea and receive support and recognition of crypto community.
I thought about it an there is little chance that his Bitshare will spike up price that high, it is not that game breaking invention. But I think $1000 is perfectly possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: