1. any motherboard with the required number of pci-e x16 slots (or pci-e x1 if you have adapters). See newegg's motherboard slection and filter for the desired cpu type and slot count.
2. Depends on the card and if you are over clocking. a 1200w should support 4, or 3 over clocked. It's cheaper to buy multiple 1kw power supplies and hot wire the the extras though.
3. Starting with a few and adding more latter is fine.
4. depends on your operating system i think. If i recall correctly in windows you will need crossfire, but in Linux you are actually required NOT to use it.
5. 2.13 - 2.84 per day at current difficulty
No, sorry. you need 50 posts, or to be added to the white list.
EDIT: I goofed on my numbers.