Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:17:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TweetForum - Bitcoin Forum - Earn Bitcoins by Posting!  (Read 23433 times)
Enochian

Activity: 327
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:21:55 AM

I'd love to use your forum, but I haven't upgraded my Windows XP to Web 2.0 yet.

Nice chatting, don't forget to write.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:40:19 AM

I'd love to use your forum, but I haven't upgraded my Windows XP to Web 2.0 yet.

Nice chatting, don't forget to write.

Well then, you should get around to doing that.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
Rhis

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 08:07:09 AM

Haha, this whole thread is comedy gold.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:10:12 AM

Oh crap, are you serious. Now they're going after forums related to btc. wtf.

I hope none of you use the same password on there as on mtgox and other sensitive sites.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 08:11:53 AM

Oh crap, are you serious. Now they're going after forums related to btc. wtf.

I hope none of you use the same password on there as on mtgox and other sensitive sites.

I honestly don't have many members that have actually signed up for the BTC forums, but honestly if anyone was naive enough to put their financial passwords in a forum please change them IMMEDIATELY. This is telling to say the least..
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 08:20:05 AM

This negativity is hurting the community. trolling new ideas is ridiculous. Who knows, Tweetforum.com might be the next big thing. Remember bitcoins weren't always worth $16 each...

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 09:24:02 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 09:49:47 AM by Vegetta

It makes me really sad to see my baby shattered in a matter of hours.  Cry
Especially when my partners have written tons of articles just for noobs to get acquainted with Twitter and Web 2.0 technology. There is a ton of great ORIGINAL content at TweetForum, and I will make a post in the future dedicated to showing you guys those great articles.

I know you guys make fun of me, and think I'm some kind of clown because of who I am, or because of my vocabulary? But you folks have to understand that in order for us to spread information, we need to simplify these mediums as MUCH as possible. Roughly 70% of my friend's don't know what Twitter is, and while most may have heard the name on the news, they still simply don't get it. Now a concept such as TweetForum, (A forum that Tweet's to individuals who sign up for updates in an account, and updates the users on every single reply) , now that's something that they can REALLY understand lol. Seriously my friends stare in awe, you guys laugh.  

It really breaks my heart that I come to a so called "geeks circle", and I get chastised about my dreams that I have worked so hard to build, the same way I do in real life from people who don't get any of it. I thought you guys would instantly get it, but let me explain it again one more time. I'm sorry if I have ever came off as a tool to anyone here. I was just being ultra-defensive of my work, and looking back now I should have taken it a bit easier, and done things differently, but I am human and we all make mistakes, it doesn't excuse this hacking though, and the people responsible will hopefully be punished, in this life or the next, by god himself. We are all connected, and this was just some seriously bad karma that was unleashed to the community. This goes back to my original thread of BitcoinMiner telling me to display my site for the community.

THIS IS WHY I WAS AFRAID OF POSTING IT UP. BITCOIN DOES NOT NEED TWEETFORUM, BUT TWEETFORUM SURE DOSEN'T NEED BITCOIN TO BE SUCCESSFUL EITHER. WHAT WE OFFER IS A SERVICE FOR PEOPLE TO GET THE BEST OF 2 PLATFORMS THEY LOVE.

I think developers as a whole have really complicated ideas that usually yield little revenue. I feel that to make money on the Internet one must conserve time wisely, and maximize profitability, while offering a standard service that anyone can use.

Let me tell you a little bit about TweetForum because I think there is some confusion on what I have created.

TweetForum is a multi-purpose general forum running on the SMF platform, which just so happens to be the same platform this forum uses. Simple-Machines has been tested to be a bullet proof forum, but I can't say the same about my mods, or any mods of people that I have hired in the past. That is why TweetForum will get a full security inspection so that this never happens again. I am very serious about security, and transparency, if I find out who's behind this, I will report you to the police. What you did was a crime and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Now what is TweetForum? (I will use some marketing terminology so if your allergic please don't read

TweetForum will be a highly socialized commercial forum that will connect every post, reply, and account of choosing to Twitter. TweetForum is also programmed to communicate with every single Social 2.0 media network in the market. If you don't know what Web 2.0 is, that's ok, you can read the exact words of millions here,

"A Web 2.0 site allows users to interact and collaborate with each other in a social media dialogue as creators (prosumers) of user-generated content in a virtual community, in contrast to websites where users (consumers) are limited to the passive viewing of content that was created for them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0"

What I did with tweetforum was match different twitter accounts to content specific boards, programmed rss bots to parse syndicated content on these boards, and built an auto hash/tag system to generate tags on bot postings. The bot is programmed to scan the entire internet for content-specific texts/videos/and ebooks. We are going even further in TweetForuum with future development on linking hashtags and @'s to their respective pages, and having social pages for each forum account, so you get a Facebook, and linkedin effecy. This forum will be THE FORUM for everyone. There is already some epic forums online (Gaia, IGN, and a few others), I really don't see why mine isn't next on the list. This has taken me a ton of research, and the site is fully SEO'ED and we have actually only been around for 2 weeks.

Diversity is never a bad thing especially when it comes to bitcoins, we NEED diversity to survive as a community. I love all of you and I am truly sorry if I came off as arrogant or brisk on my original threads. I now realize that I may have not taken the appropriate time to explain TweetForum, and maybe if I would have taken that time some of you guys would have appreciated the amount of work and time I put into it more. I am working to restore TweetForum, and it will roll back to about 3 days, and then I am hiring a fellow forum member (the system admin from bitcams) to do a multi-site inspection. I suspect that my FTP password may have been to easy, and the hackers got in through my FTP.

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 09:42:04 AM

Vegetta, you were way to aggressive in your handling of this.
In your 3rd post you were name calling, people see that and know they can fuck with you very easily from now on.

The authoritative nature of your first post with the big bolds was enough to really get under people's skins,
it certainly got under mine quick. I'll explain that in more detail if you want, but I'm not sure you are aware of what exactly you did here.

I can only recommend to you in this moment forward is learn how to gauge your demographic, and don't tell people too much through your actions and don't let people control your reactions.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 09:55:44 AM

Vegetta, you were way to aggressive in your handling of this.
In your 3rd post you were name calling, people see that and know they can fuck with you very easily from now on.

The authoritative nature of your first post with the big bolds was enough to really get under people's skins,
it certainly got under mine quick. I'll explain that in more detail if you want, but I'm not sure you are aware of what exactly you did here.

I can only recommend to you in this moment forward is learn how to gauge your demographic, and don't tell people too much through your actions and don't let people control your reactions.
Your right I do need to step my game up in this forum. I am up for the task of getting better at everything I do lighter. I am committed to that. I was aggressive, but this has taken so much energy out of my life, that when someone calls it a spam forum, I go nuts. That's not the right approach though. But again do you think it's fair that someone has the nerve to hack my stuff because of a few forum postings? This thread was actually buried , and the only reason I resurrected it was because of recent events. I figured everyone would learn about tweetforum eventually. With growth comes better platforms, and more user-ability, did you guys ever think that any of you could have been my partner, and could have easily helped me make tweetforum even better, and gotten paid off in dividends. This community simply needs to GROW UP, me included in all that.

EDIT: WE'RE WASTING TIME FIGHTING INSTEAD OF MAKING MONEY. ENOUGH SAID.
darvil

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:05:37 AM

Did you not have backups?  Is everything gone?

I think you just came off a bit strong thats all.  I run some sites myself and I know the work it takes; sometime thankless.  Maybe you took it too personally.  Just relax.

How are you recovering from this right now?  Got your data dumps?

Is the site hosted on a VPS/server ?
Savaron

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:07:33 AM

https://i.imgur.com/kT9na.gif
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:09:36 AM

Did you not have backups?  Is everything gone?

I think you just came off a bit strong thats all.  I run some sites myself and I know the work it takes; sometime thankless.  Maybe you took it too personally.  Just relax.

How are you recovering from this right now?  Got your data dumps?

I have everything backed up to a flash drive. It's a vps. I won't divulge any more personal information since the hacker is probably reading this thread right now as we speak.

EDIT: I can tell you that the attack was basically a script programming the creation of .core files by the thousands. I have no IDEA how that script got in my server, which is why I think It was a brute force attack on the ftp account, or a leak of information. I knew I was vulnerable so I always kept a backup of all my work in an encrypted flash drive. The core files were basically huge blocks of random chars, generated to slow down/ and eventually max out the forum, till you see what your seeing now.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:10:16 AM

You'd be feeling the same way to if someone screwed you over. Hope you're not "immune" to all this hacking going on. I'm sure not lol.
darvil

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:28:50 AM

I think you just came off a bit strong thats all.  I run some sites myself and I know the work it takes; sometime thankless.  Maybe you took it too personally.  Just relax.

I have everything backed up to a flash drive. It's a vps. I won't divulge any more personal information since the hacker is probably reading this thread right now as we speak.

EDIT: I can tell you that the attack was basically a script programming the creation of .core files by the thousands. I have no IDEA how that script got in my server, which is why I think It was a brute force attack on the ftp account, or a leak of information. I knew I was vulnerable so I always kept a backup of all my work in an encrypted flash drive. The core files were basically huge blocks of random chars, generated to slow down/ and eventually max out the forum, till you see what your seeing now.

You sure about that?.. more likely straight through your site. 

Good luck on recovering.  Are you bringing it all back up? Redoing the VPS? checking your webserver logs?

Tighten down your vps Wink
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 10:30:50 AM

Was the forum built with PHP?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:00:00 AM

Good luck on recovering.  Are you bringing it all back up? Redoing the VPS? checking your webserver logs?

Attachments were disabled, what do you think could have been the problem that would let them right in through the front? Any thoughtful advice is appreciated.
Thanks
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:02:44 AM

Was the forum built with PHP?
Yes SMF uses primarily PHP and a MYSQL database.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:37:02 AM

We will bring it back to the 24th but the bots we got running will be set to the 27th. Everything will be back to normal, however we are working on entirely new plugins so that they are optimized for loading times and security oriented.
darvil

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:58:52 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 12:09:02 PM by darvil

Good luck on recovering.  Are you bringing it all back up? Redoing the VPS? checking your webserver logs?

We will bring it back to the 24th but the bots we got running will be set to the 27th. Everything will be back to normal, however we are working on entirely new plugins so that they are optimized for loading times and security oriented.

Attachment disabling isn't anything at all.  There are many other ways to get in.  I assume you're using the latest version of SMF?  Are you using any panel? What OS? linux?  What security software are you running on the server level?  There's alot of diff things you can do.

I might be able to give you a hand or 2 of you need.  Just send me a PM.   Also of course you need some backup plans if you don't have already.

edit: bring it back on the 24th? Next month??
shads

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:09:35 PM

People please stop replying to this thread.  Can't you see it's just spam, I doubt he's even being hacked.  Look at the thread title.  First half is a sensational claim all in capital letters, the second half is basically an advertisement.

Ask yourself if you owned an allegedly successful site that was being hacked right this moment, would you try to lock down the server or would you make long posts about how good your forum is?

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: