Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:23:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brexit impact on economy, house prices, markets and politics  (Read 504 times)
omer_parvez (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

According to officials at the Bank of England and the Treasury, the big concern is that the uncertainty of having no functioning government, no effective opposition and no plan for Brexit means households and companies will put spending decisions on hold, prompting a steep downturn that threatens to become self-reinforcing.........So at the end what choice we have at this point Huh
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 08:46:44 PM

I'm British and I can tell you that housing prices in particular in this country have been artificially propped up by the central bank itself, it's a mixture of reckless lending on their part and money printing that have caused this problem, not Brexit. As far as I'm concerned Brexit will be the convenient scapegoat for anything that goes wrong with the economy from now on. I also find it very funny that the media were trying to act when this news came along that housing prices falling were somehow a bad thing for first time buyers which shows just how little of a grasp they have on reality.

As for the rest of the economy, so long as Theresa May doesn't fuck around when activating Article 50 ( Which is a system that was set in place if the UK ever decided to leave the EU ) then we'll be absolutely fine because there are about 26 countries that have said they want a trade deal with us. All this scaremongering you guys see especially from news sources like the guardian and the BBC is from people who were very pro-remain, almost fanatically so and they just can't take it that they lost the vote so they need to keep these scary stories up to try and stall the process as much as possible.

Quite a number of cunts over here decided to actually protest against the referendum result ( Yes that's right, a democratic referendum, they were against it ) and the house of lords along with a couple of thousand lawyers are all trying to claim the MPs should vote it down despite what the vote actually said. I am hoping that these people are just in a petty minority but unfortunately I know my country well and I really wouldn't put it past some of these fuckers to try something.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:13:50 PM

I'm getting tired of hearing about the brexit. Hey, that hasn't happened yet. Nothing has changed so far (well, except the ministers). That article 50 which is the first step of the process, it hasn't been used yet, and we don't even know if the thing is going to start this year.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:04:43 AM

It seems brexit is to blame yet again, nothing to do with brexit but everything to do with the over inflated housing market.
Gaugh

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:20:24 AM

Theresa May had better get to work and do something about the over-inflated house prices. It's bad for the economy and people won't hesitate to blame her for all the woes that Britain has been accruing for itself in the last 50 years.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 12:15:49 PM

I'm getting tired of hearing about the brexit. Hey, that hasn't happened yet. Nothing has changed so far (well, except the ministers). That article 50 which is the first step of the process, it hasn't been used yet, and we don't even know if the thing is going to start this year.

If they're going to be respecting the vote it's supposed to be implemented this year but I'm getting awfully pissed at these anti-democratic cunts who are deliberately searching for anything to stop the result from taking place. Labour are even trying to re-assert themselves so they can get elected and if they do they seem to be saying that they will try to have a second referendum which is utterly ridiculous, they just want to re-take the referendum to get the results they want rather than accept the vote.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:42:03 AM

After that Brexit thing, you can see the effect on it.  The price of Euro to US dollar goes down and even on other currencies.  It just shows that the brexit affects the economy of the european union.  But there is no effect on other commodity like the oil which still have a good price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: