Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was my thread moved to the wrong section?  (Read 459 times)
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:25:08 PM

I just made this thread and placed it into the General Bitcoin Discussion section since the true
discussion revolves around what a blockchain is and when is that defined term violated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1575487.msg15819222#msg15819222

The context of this thread is in light of the recent Ethereum Hardfork that created two separate alive
and competing chains (which has not occurred before, in the context of a intentional HF to "change/
reverse/return a past action").

The issue is whether the term blockchain is changeable by a certain coin's community.

It was recently placed into the Altcoin Section and I believe it might be there incorrectly.
Does this mean that a thread about blockchain with an altcoin component is always considered
altcoin because it explains that altcoin's circumstances for the blockchain question?

Just checking for clarification here. Thanks.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:52:35 AM

I'm assuming the rationale is that the general Bitcoin discussion is only to be used for Bitcoin specific discussions. Your question is related to blockchain as a separate technology. It is not focused specifically on Bitcoin and does not fit into any of the Bitcoin specific boards. The knee jerk is to move anything else out to the Altcoin boards.

Personally I'd say blockchain discussions (your post) would fit into the Development & Technical Discussion child board; General Bitcoin would be my second choice.

That said, thanks for an interesting post. I appreciate it.
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:52:53 AM

I'm assuming the rationale is that the general Bitcoin discussion is only to be used for Bitcoin specific discussions. Your question is related to blockchain as a separate technology. It is not focused specifically on Bitcoin and does not fit into any of the Bitcoin specific boards. The knee jerk is to move anything else out to the Altcoin boards.

Personally I'd say blockchain discussions (your post) would fit into the Development & Technical Discussion child board; General Bitcoin would be my second choice.

That said, thanks for an interesting post. I appreciate it.

I just assumed "blockchain" would fall under Bitcoin Discussion since "blockchain" is one of underlying
systems within Bitcoin and I thought I've seen many "What is a blockchain?" and other such threads there.
So I guess you are correct and the reason is because it addresses the current Ethereum issue (knee jerk to altcoin).

Thanks for your answer and your interest (the poll and thread's comments are pretty sparse, lol).

I'll leave this thread unlocked in the event a mod responds in the future.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 07:28:21 AM

I just assumed "blockchain" would fall under Bitcoin Discussion since "blockchain" is one of underlying systems within Bitcoin and I thought I've seen many "What is a blockchain?" and other such threads there.
Those threads fall into Bitcoin Discussion since they aren't directed at anything else, just the underlying technology that is used in Bitcoin. In the case of your thread, you are discussing the underlying technology (the blockchain) oriented directly towards altcoins. Consequently, this is why it was moved to the Altcoin Discussion section.

So I guess you are correct and the reason is because it addresses the current Ethereum issue (knee jerk to altcoin).
He is correct.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:14:26 PM

I just assumed "blockchain" would fall under Bitcoin Discussion since "blockchain" is one of underlying systems within Bitcoin and I thought I've seen many "What is a blockchain?" and other such threads there.
Those threads fall into Bitcoin Discussion since they aren't directed at anything else, just the underlying technology that is used in Bitcoin. In the case of your thread, you are discussing the underlying technology (the blockchain) oriented directly towards altcoins. Consequently, this is why it was moved to the Altcoin Discussion section.

He is correct.

Thanks for the verification. Locking thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: