Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone should invent a coin that works like Pokemon GO  (Read 2789 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:11:48 AM

That's actually a good idea. But some problems have to be fixed first. There are some ways (using jailbreak for instance) to cheat playing Pokemon Go. For example, you could lead the software to believe in a particular position by manipulating the GPS-data on your phone using a special app.

Craazy, I didn't know that, but i figured you could probably cheat by now, in any case I don't know how it would work but if a dev team out there could make a functioning Easter egg hunt out of a coin, I maintain it would be very sucessful indeed.

I don't think it has to have anythign to do with Pokemon Go necessarily just the concept of using a GPS ap on your phone to find hidden coins.Maybe the running aps could be the thing that contributes to people mining the coin or something. Is that nonsense what I just said? I have no idea, again I'm just an ideaman

That is the key behind every coin concept actually.. SECURITY !

They are right i seen an explosion of Pokeman GO exploits making the rounds.
Further more you could even Spoof the towers like i just found out Canadian Police have been doing since 2007 with a program they made for spying that tricks all cell phones within range to connect to your fake cell phone tower.
AKA: They made an emulator.
Old news in the cracking scene LOL
Hackers knows this well and are ready to implement one for a coin if it will pay them a small fortune in coins to dump on Poloniex.
So you BETTER be able to code !

I have had some ideas before related to P2P and crypto coins and have been doing torrents since they were invented and i spent a lot of effort a decade ago making a file sharing client mod.
But.. i never thought about directly doing an index on the chain.

This might be literally the one alternative block-chain use i could get behind.
But if they ICO it then forget it.. ICO = SCAM

I made a bunch of topics here long ago that delved into these issues and the one that stopped me from writing code was..
Are the users going to support a system intended for "Pirates" (File Sharing)
Right off the bat your going to be on the bad side of many large anti-piracy organizations for example.
And will the public look down on this sort of thing and shun it ?

Don't forget Github has a large track record of taking things down for any half ass piracy complaint..
and they also WILL send your info to the US authorities for investigation in a heart beat.
..as they already have done this lots.

I know this is off-topic so...
To me a "Torrent Index" Coin would be far more interesting than a rip-off of a lame Niantic game.
Which was already a rip-off off one of their other games with a Pokeman angle / twist tacked on.

Although i think the Torrent Index idea may be far more doable and far easier to keep secured than any of *MY* P2P related ideas.

And like i said, i am in no way trying to take credit for that idea either.

My idea(s) were far off in left field or more complicated.
The more code you have to write from scratch the more worried you should be.
This stuff has to be thought out well if it's going to be a coin on an exchange for profit LOL

Besides.. before you know it the PokeZombie's will disappear.
Trends don't last forever.

FUD first & ask questions later™
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 02:02:45 PM

These is a worldwide trend right now,but if ever it will be created it's the pokemon company that should initiate that if one guy will do this and become hugely popular he'll have to face infringement,but if it is not Pokemon and all different character they could be charge with imitation..

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:15:10 PM

Check out GEOCOIN
Yes Geocoin already has this feature but it's not about pokemon, I read a lot of bad things about pokemon how you could endanger yourself and others chasing pokemon and this would be coin could do the same to it;s players..

GEOCOIN is ahead of the times then because they are already working on geocashing.

I love Bitcoin
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:20:28 PM

I think its already been made any altcoin near name in pokemon go but the problem its not connected in the app.. better to make a clone pokemon go app but instead of pokecoins we will change it as real altcoin
RoseMann

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:10:27 PM

Check out GEOCOIN
Yes Geocoin already has this feature but it's not about pokemon, I read a lot of bad things about pokemon how you could endanger yourself and others chasing pokemon and this would be coin could do the same to it;s players..

GEOCOIN is ahead of the times then because they are already working on geocashing.

GEOCOIN sounds interesting,  I can look it up, or you can just tell me , whats GeoCashing?

psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:09:20 PM

Oh my god, NO!

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:05:28 PM

I think its already been made any altcoin near name in pokemon go but the problem its not connected in the app.. better to make a clone pokemon go app but instead of pokecoins we will change it as real altcoin
Cloning pokemon go may require lots of development skill and also appstore may banned those cloned apps.
The bitpokemango or like that is being traded in yobit however it is complete failure only name of pokeman go is given to coin without any similarity like real pokeman go game.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
psomas2

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:18:19 PM

Cloning pokemon go may require lots of development skill and also appstore may banned those cloned apps.
The bitpokemango or like that is being traded in yobit however it is complete failure only name of pokeman go is given to coin without any similarity like real pokeman go game.

Yeah see, I believe the author of this post means he would like to see a coin that functions like the game itself.

psomas2

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:24:24 PM

That's actually a good idea. But some problems have to be fixed first. There are some ways (using jailbreak for instance) to cheat playing Pokemon Go. For example, you could lead the software to believe in a particular position by manipulating the GPS-data on your phone using a special app.

Craazy, I didn't know that, but i figured you could probably cheat by now, in any case I don't know how it would work but if a dev team out there could make a functioning Easter egg hunt out of a coin, I maintain it would be very sucessful indeed.

I don't think it has to have anythign to do with Pokemon Go necessarily just the concept of using a GPS ap on your phone to find hidden coins.Maybe the running aps could be the thing that contributes to people mining the coin or something. Is that nonsense what I just said? I have no idea, again I'm just an ideaman

That is the key behind every coin concept actually.. SECURITY !

They are right i seen an explosion of Pokeman GO exploits making the rounds.
Further more you could even Spoof the towers like i just found out Canadian Police have been doing since 2007 with a program they made for spying that tricks all cell phones within range to connect to your fake cell phone tower.
AKA: They made an emulator.
Old news in the cracking scene LOL
Hackers knows this well and are ready to implement one for a coin if it will pay them a small fortune in coins to dump on Poloniex.
So you BETTER be able to code !

I have had some ideas before related to P2P and crypto coins and have been doing torrents since they were invented and i spent a lot of effort a decade ago making a file sharing client mod.
But.. i never thought about directly doing an index on the chain.

This might be literally the one alternative block-chain use i could get behind.
But if they ICO it then forget it.. ICO = SCAM

I made a bunch of topics here long ago that delved into these issues and the one that stopped me from writing code was..
Are the users going to support a system intended for "Pirates" (File Sharing)
Right off the bat your going to be on the bad side of many large anti-piracy organizations for example.
And will the public look down on this sort of thing and shun it ?

Don't forget Github has a large track record of taking things down for any half ass piracy complaint..
and they also WILL send your info to the US authorities for investigation in a heart beat.
..as they already have done this lots.

I know this is off-topic so...
To me a "Torrent Index" Coin would be far more interesting than a rip-off of a lame Niantic game.
Which was already a rip-off off one of their other games with a Pokeman angle / twist tacked on.

Although i think the Torrent Index idea may be far more doable and far easier to keep secured than any of *MY* P2P related ideas.

And like i said, i am in no way trying to take credit for that idea either.

My idea(s) were far off in left field or more complicated.
The more code you have to write from scratch the more worried you should be.
This stuff has to be thought out well if it's going to be a coin on an exchange for profit LOL

Besides.. before you know it the PokeZombie's will disappear.
Trends don't last forever.

First of all Pokemon Go is LIFE not a trend! (Just kidding)

but in all seriousness while the Pokemon Go Ap may be a trend, the idea of treasure hunting certainly is not a trend. I liek that the author of this topic chose the words "Easter Egg Hunt" hunt in one of his posts. (how very Call of Duty of you) but it is a very accurately comparable thing to call the Pokemon Go Ap. An Easter Egg Hunt for real $$ would surely bring in a fortune. I don't know how you could accomplish this or if its even legal, but I agree that the idea is genius. Good Job Idea man!

nor9850

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 04:36:23 AM

Awesome Idea!
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:33:21 AM

Not a good idea, Pokemon GO is a very dangerous game. There are lots of crime, accident and death related to playing the game since its released.
nor9850

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:38:20 AM

Not a good idea, Pokemon GO is a very dangerous game. There are lots of crime, accident and death related to playing the game since its released.

So what, that doesn't make it the games fault. Many things with innocent intentions are misused and cause trouble, we don't blame crowbars for breakins or blame terrorism on money.

Its a simple and fun kids game.

you know people actually ruin their lives playing world of warcraft, no really, I'm 100% serious, ask child services how many kids in the US get removed from their homes because their parents develop video game addiction to world of warcraft and literally stop doing all else.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:59:17 AM

Grin I love this idea and I hate Pokemon. I just think it would be really fun to hunt money!  Grin
Gutembergin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:00:13 PM

Grin I love this idea and I hate Pokemon. I just think it would be really fun to hunt money!  Grin

HAHA hunt money!!!! SERIOUSLY, though this is a great idea, you could have people traveling all over the world to hunt for big amounts of coins or right in their own neighborhoods for small amounts. Someone needs to make this happen!
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

does GEOCOIN already have an IOS apps?
would love to see how that works as well. I've tried pokemongo lately and seem a real fun game. if someone can make it as if we can earn bitcoin thru playing sich game, it should be great for the promotion of bitcoin and any altcoin as well.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:45:12 PM

I'm surprised that noone has mentioned that there are already 2 coin game projects. Huntercoin being the most well known

http://huntercoin.org/

The other was similar to excite bike, i think, I can't remember.

Huntercoin has experimented with human mining

Mark02

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:56:36 PM

I'm surprised that noone has mentioned that there are already 2 coin game projects. Huntercoin being the most well known

Hmf? Human mining ? What is that? Is it mining thru you walking or going to other places? Like Pokemon go that you need to walk somewhere to find Pokemon. I wonder why is that project did not click on the market right. Maybe its not a good thing because you have to bring your internet connection with you and in our country the signal in the internet is not good everywhere. There are some places that don't have signals. So, it is recommended that you just stay in your position in surfing the net.
Gutembergin

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:04:37 PM

Hmf? Human mining ? What is that? Is it mining thru you walking or going to other places? Like Pokemon go that you need to walk somewhere to find Pokemon. I wonder why is that project did not click on the market right. Maybe its not a good thing because you have to bring your internet connection with you and in our country the signal in the internet is not good everywhere. There are some places that don't have signals. So, it is recommended that you just stay in your position in surfing the net.

ya but thers enuf places in the world with cell phone data for it to have millions of followers
Gutembergin

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:40:05 PM

Human minign reminds me of Brad Goodman from the simpsons "the second your not a human being yoru a human doing"
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:37:57 PM

Huntercoin is a namecoin fork and as such has adapted the blockchain to store the game state.

The coin is merge mined with btc and ltc, though note that some of the coins are reserved for the players.

The human mining part.

In a nutshell, the map spawns coins, players go collect them, when the coins are brought back to the spawn spot, your wallet gets credited.

Game rounds are 1 move per block which makes game play slow

So a coin that is human mined would work something like this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: