Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:00:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think guys the hack bitcoin from bitfinex still not sold?  (Read 4747 times)
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:38:43 AM

i think not yet to sold in market exchange but who know that bitcoin have been sold in Darknet? in Darknet, maybe they only sell in half of all bitcoins. for other options is they hold all bitcoin first, then after the situation is good, they sold it slowly. just my 2 cents and my opinion.

Well once you have so many bitcoins you have so many options. You can distribute them to you own 100 wallets and no one will be able to track who hacked the bitfinex or who is using the stolen bitcoins.

the price went down after the hack and recovered  back and now just fluctuating, it seems that the bitcoins are not sold. i think after this problem solves the hacker may sell slowly, also there wasn't a panic sell that continued to lower the price of BTC which is good.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:46:50 AM

No. It will probably take years before they start spending their coins as they need to mix their coins first. Or they must be YOLO hackers where they don't give a damn about their wallet being followed, which I don't think is the case. They will mix their coins in a slow but effective manner first. After that they will start spreading their coins into possibly hundreds of wallets.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 05:47:46 AM

I don’t think those bitcoins are sold yet but there is possibility of critical diversion of those coins in large number of cold storage wallets. The price fall was due to panic selling effect (that we have experienced many times before this one). The guys who hacked those bitcoins still have control on those coins due to cold storage but it won’t affect much in price directly, what we experienced was indirect effect of the incident in which some people scared and sold their bitcoins.
Mauser

Activity: 1834
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:53:15 AM

What do you think guys about the funds from bitfinex do you think they already sell those bitcoin in the other market.? thats why the price of bitcoin is down or thats why the price of bitcoin is down its because they already seen the news about hacking bitfinex? an many people saw this news and sell their bitcoin thats why the price of bitcoin is down?

They can't move them or sell them.

Other exchanges would freeze the dirty coins. They'll likely just sit there unused.

How do you know this? What would be the reason for hackers to get bicoins when they can't use them? Also the Bitcoin Price dropped dramatically in the last days. How is this related to the bitfinex hack if not through more sellers trying to dump their Bitcoins. In my opinion there will always be a buyer if the Price is low enough. Even from illegal activities.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:46:48 AM

i think No, because the amount that had been stolen by the theft from bitfinex is not small . its amount will definetly change the price of the bitcoins .
if the btc had been sold then there will be sharply fall in the bitcoin amount will take place but there is nothing like that instead of small change in rate due to change in the value of doller .

no it is not small at all you are right on that! but they can use a mixer, trade some on darknet, some other placed on ICOs, even rent mining rigs (not talking about cloud mining), buy some other good using btc, and when the times come to cash out, they will selling small amounts, there is a million ways to get away with that but also there is a million ways to get you, but less likely the 2nd story will not happen !
xJuturna

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:01:12 AM

He / She will likely mix the coins and use them on the darknet but not before holding on to them for a pretty good amount of time. I'd imagine a person capable of a hack like that would know better than to do anything with those coins anytime soon
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:46:02 AM

What do you think guys about the funds from bitfinex do you think they already sell those bitcoin in the other market.? thats why the price of bitcoin is down or thats why the price of bitcoin is down its because they already seen the news about hacking bitfinex? an many people saw this news and sell their bitcoin thats why the price of bitcoin is down?

If the hacker has any brain he should just deal with finex and take a decent chunk this way.

1.) He avoids man hunt, what is that worth ?
2.) He will struggle to sell these coins on the market and at full price
3.) Its the right thing to do he gets to feel good.

Take 30% please hacker and return rest. Thank you.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:52:40 AM

If the hacker has any brain he should just deal with finex and take a decent chunk this way.

how often did this happen before? I mean a deal between the hacker and the hacked.
1. maybe he fells he is safe.
2. how do you know? maybe he does not want to sell, because he was paid by someone (i do not know, but big banks or some state might have some incentive to do that) to just hack the exchange. 
3. i am quit sure he does not give any thought to that.

doublemore

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:01:23 AM

how often did this happen before? I mean a deal between the hacker and the hacked.
1. maybe he fells he is safe.
2. how do you know? maybe he does not want to sell, because he was paid by someone (i do not know, but big banks or some state might have some incentive to do that) to just hack the exchange. 
3. i am quit sure he does not give any thought to that.

He/she/they are going to have a large man hunt since bitfinex said they will be releasing details of hack. Depends on who they are but there is a chance they dont feel safe. Hackers have done deals before, but yeah if its to do with a bank its diffferent.  It depends who who they are if they care.

Senor.Bla

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:29:29 AM

He/she/they are going to have a large man hunt since bitfinex said they will be releasing details of hack. Depends on who they are but there is a chance they dont feel safe. Hackers have done deals before, but yeah if its to do with a bank its diffferent.  It depends who who they are if they care.

If i want to make a hack this big (and by the way i never did or will, because i am to dumb and afraid) i better make sure, that i just do it if i can do it in a way that i will fell safe afterwards.
also i better have a plan b, plan c and plan d. just in case something goes wrong.

doublemore

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:42:42 AM

If i want to make a hack this big (and by the way i never did or will, because i am to dumb and afraid) i better make sure, that i just do it if i can do it in a way that i will fell safe afterwards.
also i better have a plan b, plan c and plan d. just in case something goes wrong.

Yeah but thats in an ideal scenario, there could be good chance the hacker is a previous finex customer and got better at hacking over time.  So if finex has a 10k customer list they could start working through and narrowing things down, who knows.  If they show the public all details also.  Its all speculation.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 08:51:12 AM

I think hackers wouldn't take risk of keep their coins long and letting them traceable. They will and are selling coins in different market to get rid of them and clean their footprints.This could be the reason for bitcoin price fall
Senor.Bla

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:51:56 AM

Yeah but thats in an ideal scenario, there could be good chance the hacker is a previous finex customer and got better at hacking over time.  So if finex has a 10k customer list they could start working through and narrowing things down, who knows.  If they show the public all details also.  Its all speculation.

maybe he is a previous customer but i do not think bitfinex will check all the customers good enough to find something out. if the hacker did not make any big mistakes. also bitfinex should be careful what details they give to the public. certainly they will not give all their customer informations out.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:54:59 AM

it is not easy selling these stolen coins but i think the hacker has been trying to launder 1000BTC of it by disguising it as a giveaway and claim the 1000BTC with his alt account and then claim he has gained these coins fairly from a giveaway! a stupid idea i should add.
Yup, pretty bad idea to hide his intentions. Often hackers from stories i red are not so smart after all. They often got lucky to find one loophole in security system and thats it, other than that they are very average personas.
BTC Loading

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

if you believe you can succeed

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:05:02 AM

the will mix it with a dark-web bitcoin mixer and divide the money into tiny amount and send it to different bitcoin address, the may make little donation to some charity then after that the will send all to one address and safe in an offline bitcoin wallet maybe after 3 month interval the will exchange through a P2P bitcoin Exchanger
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 10:02:33 AM

i doubt they have sold them yet they are prob siting at some address waiting for the heat to cool off.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:30:04 AM

I think the hacker sold it by chunks or say in dark web or leave some stash on his wallet. But, bitfinnex can trace the perpetrators? Can they trace it on blockchain? According to some reports they are going online,hope this is a positive and welcome news. Many lost their btc's.

Open for Campaigns
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:35:39 AM

it is not easy selling these stolen coins but i think the hacker has been trying to launder 1000BTC of it by disguising it as a giveaway and claim the 1000BTC with his alt account and then claim he has gained these coins fairly from a giveaway! a stupid idea i should add.

Nah. I think this has been debunked. The coins in that thread originated from another thief named Tradefortress who stole about 4000 coins a few years when he was running a wallet service and the mentally infirm thought it would be a great idea to deposit coins with an anonymous person in a far off land.

I've no idea what the motivation for that thread is. And you don't launder much by giving it away.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:38:18 AM

Yup, pretty bad idea to hide his intentions. Often hackers from stories i red are not so smart after all. They often got lucky to find one loophole in security system and thats it, other than that they are very average personas.

haha, exactly when authorities raided his home because he has received 1000BTC giveaway and took him to their interrogation room he is going to spill his guts out for them and tell them he was trying to stupidly launder the 1000BTC Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:51:11 AM

I don't think they have sold all those hacked bitcoins because it is large sum of bitcoin and it can make a very large dump than the recent 20% dump. However bitfinex haven't relased any bitcoin address of hacker where all those bitcoin went to so i guess nobody in bitcoin community can give exact answer. And after finex reveal that address most of the exchanger will just back list that address and all will be tracking that address to see any significant movement in it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: