Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:09:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex fuck up telegram group. Live News | Statements | Rage | Statements  (Read 712 times)
TheBitcoinGame (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:43:37 PM

A live chat regarding the recent Bitfinex events is available on https://telegram.me/finexdrama

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:50:48 PM

Didn't know there was a telegram chat on this subject. But I doubt there will be any representatives from Bitfinex to answer any questions regarding the recent hack.
They are steering clear from news media outlet without a lawyer by their side to talk for them. Lips sealed

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
TheBitcoinGame (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:17:31 AM

Didn't know there was a telegram chat on this subject. But I doubt there will be any representatives from Bitfinex to answer any questions regarding the recent hack.
They are steering clear from news media outlet without a lawyer by their side to talk for them. Lips sealed

Actually I've seen PGP (Phil Potter) from @bitfinex multiple times in the past being active on Telegram, not sure if they will hack related questions Telegram,

A full list of telegram groups is available on www.coin.army make sure you check also the local community.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:32:29 AM

Actually I've seen PGP (Phil Potter) from @bitfinex multiple times in the past being active on Telegram, not sure if they will hack related questions Telegram,

A full list of telegram groups is available on www.coin.army make sure you check also the local community.

I think they are avoiding the Telegram chat (the Whalepool one) to avoid putting anything in writing. But people (big stakeholders) have apparently been talking to Phil on the phone.

It sounds like the whole "BFXcoin" thing may be real....
TheBitcoinGame (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:02:02 PM

I think they are avoiding the Telegram chat (the Whalepool one) to avoid putting anything in writing. But people (big stakeholders) have apparently been talking to Phil on the phone.

It sounds like the whole "BFXcoin" thing may be real....

Actually they are on telegram, this is their latest announcement: https://i.imgur.com/aa769Sv.png
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:44:04 PM

Sure, they are dropping a link or copy/pasting their official announcement there. That is a far cry from chatting with the rest of the group (which could easily allow reps to let things slip out which weren't supposed to).

They have let out very little information between announcements.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:41:26 PM

A live chat regarding the recent Bitfinex events is available on https://telegram.me/finexdrama

Is there actually any useful information on this, such as the legality surrounding what Bitfinex has done, and more importantly, the best agency to complain to............or is it all just rage and misinformation?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:39:24 PM

Is there actually any useful information on this, such as the legality surrounding what Bitfinex has done, and more importantly, the best agency to complain to............or is it all just rage and misinformation?

As someone holding only USD (unlended) I am pretty pissed off. But I'm not gonna complain to anyone and I prefer others do the same. We need to get what we can off Bitfinex now, should they give us the chance. A bankruptcy following seizures would leave us with nothing years down the road. I'm pissed but I'm also desperate to get back some of my cash -- and not through the courts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:25:37 PM

As someone holding only USD (unlended) I am pretty pissed off. But I'm not gonna complain to anyone and I prefer others do the same. We need to get what we can off Bitfinex now, should they give us the chance. A bankruptcy following seizures would leave us with nothing years down the road. I'm pissed but I'm also desperate to get back some of my cash -- and not through the courts.

Not complain? Are you joking!? I very much doubt that Bitfinex have the legal right to do what they are doing, and it would only be acceptable should the main stake holders who have profited from Bitfinex for years, both legitimately and through insider trading activities, put everything they have towards covering the losses. Ya think any of the big players behind Finex are taking a 36% haircut? Are they fuck!

Fuck those fucking absolute fucking crooks, I shall be seeking channels to litigate at the earliest opportunity.....most likely via a class action lawsuit.......I am sure that a community of Finex victims will arise soon enough.

This needs a proper criminal investigation, and there is no doubt in my mind, that the main suspects will be found within Bitfinex itself. Who set up the security in such a way that it was even possible to drain $72 Million worth of BTC within a single hour or so, when average daily transaction across all assets was around $1 Million? Are these people fucking stupid, or was the system setup to facilitate theft? I suspect the latter.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:20:53 AM

Not complain? Are you joking!? I very much doubt that Bitfinex have the legal right to do what they are doing, and it would only be acceptable should the main stake holders who have profited from Bitfinex for years, both legitimately and through insider trading activities, put everything they have towards covering the losses. Ya think any of the big players behind Finex are taking a 36% haircut? Are they fuck!

Fuck those fucking absolute fucking crooks, I shall be seeking channels to litigate at the earliest opportunity.....most likely via a class action lawsuit.......I am sure that a community of Finex victims will arise soon enough.

This needs a proper criminal investigation, and there is no doubt in my mind, that the main suspects will be found within Bitfinex itself. Who set up the security in such a way that it was even possible to drain $72 Million worth of BTC within a single hour or so, when average daily transaction across all assets was around $1 Million? Are these people fucking stupid, or was the system setup to facilitate theft? I suspect the latter.

I hear you. I'm angry. But I'm also a realist. The best thing to do would be to withdraw anything you can -- should Bitfinex give you the chance -- and then go after them legally in a class action or something.

But at this moment, I'm not trying to rock the boat. Just sitting on my hands.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print