Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone care if ICO projects have real code and real teams behind them?  (Read 3540 times)
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 01:10:54 PM

it depends on many things, the developer and his history, the project itself and many other factors that help you make a decision but in general ICOs are bad and scam. they end up releasing a shit code and end up being one more shitcoin in the market.

that is why for me, the most important thing is the time after the ICO and if they can survive and get big so that i can earn more BTC from dumping it on top or not.

--looking for signature--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlanDiz (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:34:55 PM

it depends on many things, the developer and his history, the project itself and many other factors that help you make a decision but in general ICOs are bad and scam. they end up releasing a shit code and end up being one more shitcoin in the market.

that is why for me, the most important thing is the time after the ICO and if they can survive and get big so that i can earn more BTC from dumping it on top or not.

I invested in Ethereum as I see was nice team and nice visions. Much of today is shit. I see copy projects. I see projects with no codes. I see stupids peoples putting money in even stupider peoples hand.
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:47:57 AM

If a team is working, has code, has the ability to deliver, isn't working on 4 projects at once I am all ICO's as its a good way to get money in peoples hands to deliver.

I agree with that. We need good coder and programmer for the projects. They also need to be very dedicated.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:21:55 AM

There doesn't need to be in fact.   You can issue a "coin" with an ICO that could live just as IOU on exchanges without needing a genuine code base or block chain.  The same "value mechanism" that gives value to bitcoin and other alt coins can be operational for such "virtual coins": an infinitely recursive belief system.

The only thing that will be harder to accomplish, is to get it "up and running".  In order to get the dollar "up and runing" it had to be "backed by gold" in the beginning, so that the initial belief system could confuse dollars and gold.  Once the belief system is "booted up" however, the boot launcher (here gold) isn't needed any more, and gold could be scrapped.

Bitcoin undergoes a similar booting up of the belief system (although it is not "backed" in the beginning) of "intrinsic value of block chain".  But the more people use it and believe that it has value, the less the "boot loader" is needed.

So in the end, why not have a totally virtual token that doesn't stand for anything, not even a block chain ?
It would make exchanges very rich !
dmarine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:28:00 AM

I would like to hear some opinions about the Decent project.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 12:32:41 PM

I hope icocountdown and some others will help with the due diligence. But perhaps they are profiting from these shit ICO's somehow.

I do alot of due dilligence on projects, I do not like scams you can see interviews with real developers that i do here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOu5mkF_NczLQzICINvzr9w/videos

You can see my warnings about scams here:

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/

I do vet all the projects on http://icocountdown.com - I don't list anything I think are scams without at least some face of a developer or otherwise. If you want me to help do some due dilligence on specific projects I can help.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 12:53:21 PM

I hope icocountdown and some others will help with the due diligence. But perhaps they are profiting from these shit ICO's somehow.

I do alot of due dilligence on projects, I do not like scams you can see interviews with real developers that i do here:

I do vet all the projects on http://icocountdown.com - I don't list anything I think are scams without at least some face of a developer or otherwise. If you want me to help do some due dilligence on specific projects I can help.

You should think about changing your name to lets say "CryptoInterviews", "CryptoResearch" or something. There are not only coins out there. These interviews prove nothing, but at least people could have a better look on the upcoming projects.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 01:46:09 PM

The thing is that even when these dev team had all their information on their ANN thread, this still don't guarantee that they won't be scamming.
I agree that they too need money but then owning 20% of the 100 million seem not ideal. These sort of dev may just take vacation to some place in the pacific for few months and be back when they've almost spent all.  they're back to scam once again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:25:16 PM

I think it's evident people ignore the ability of the developers and simply like to have their head of their ass or try to jump on the hype train. Take a look at deClouds for example which is an almost infeasible idea that takes much time to pull off and has plenty of well compiled scam accusations now compiled about it floating 200 BTC+ meanwhile, take a look at a project like Jewels which demonstrates a developer with real knowledge of what they're doing and an ability to code new content on a daily basis which has in comparison a meanly 25 BTC.

People can't cry about getting scammed when they themselves are the reason these scams exist. Only you can prevent forest fires.
chousbwxx

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:07:46 PM

You have warned rise, yes it is a proven scam. decloud, i think it's fishy.

How do you think about opair project? Some said opair is a scam with fake id devs

TheFuzzyTrader

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 03:23:33 PM

I have just launched The Fuzzy Trader Crowdsale Campaign and I can ensure you that the announcement post it's pure BBCODE.
Also, besides the fact that The Fuzzy Trader is a fictional character, there's are actual persons behind of this character (but not liable for his acts and behaviors).
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 03:37:52 PM

Sorry my statement was not warranted. I have watch much shows you make. My problem is this interviews is not enough.
 Razormind example. I see an interview and looks bad.

Hahaha, Razormind! This is one of the most utter scams out there!!! There was a reason (well, more like 100 reasons) to create a thread about them: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1564499.0

EDIT:

I have just launched The Fuzzy Trader Crowdsale Campaign and I can ensure you that the announcement post it's pure BBCODE.
Also, besides the fact that The Fuzzy Trader is a fictional character, there's are actual persons behind of this character (but not liable for his acts and behaviors).

You have to be joking?!

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:56:38 PM

People are basically throwing away their coins on roadmap and all the hopes devs give in their opening post. However after ICO there will be no any real development, there will be just like few code updates in a month and a few partnership with small business/company causing no any changes in the market. I am refering this thing to LISK team they seem really inactive and just sitting on ICO funds and postponding lots of their developments.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 04:04:30 PM

However after ICO there will be no any real development, there will be just like few code updates in a month and a few partnership with small business/company causing no any changes in the market.

That's what amuses me the most. Why we are seeing so many projects claiming that they are decentralised coins/tokens/assets/platforms/whatever, yet they have CEOs, CTO's CMO's etc..?! How the f* this works?

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:14:06 PM

However after ICO there will be no any real development, there will be just like few code updates in a month and a few partnership with small business/company causing no any changes in the market.

That's what amuses me the most. Why we are seeing so many projects claiming that they are decentralised coins/tokens/assets/platforms/whatever, yet they have CEOs, CTO's CMO's etc..?! How the f* this works?

They use to call it lead developer years ago. now they call them CEOs, managing the development of the token and they also own millions of the tokens to which the team participate in the pump and dump. It somehow appear to be alright though until the team scam them. Scamming is very common for ICOs.. the word "decentralized" seem to hypnotized investors.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 08:42:23 PM

Sorry my statement was not warranted. I have watch much shows you make. My problem is this interviews is not enough.
 Razormind example. I see an interview and looks bad. You no says scam public or do I miss this. This is bad scams as we sees on bitcointalk.

Problems are all projects rely on development team. I write codes so I know code. We can makes a team to verify codes are good and solid.

If the project is not listed on my site I do not trust it.

raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:16:16 PM

i agree with you but the majority of investors doesn't know how to read code.... all they care is the team. And this part, even scams generally have.
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

I don't invest into big projects, cause so much people do hit&run.

I invest generally small ICOs like Lisk or Elastic.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:30:21 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 11:19:29 PM by Spoetnik

Write code ?
For what ?
Seriously pull your heads out of your ass people !

WHAT ARE THEY CODING ?

DOES ANY COIN HAVE THE ABILITY TO DETHRONE BITCOIN ?

Then what good is the "code" then ?
Hobbling together some code for an excuse to launch ANOTHER ICO is not impressive.
No matter if i have a high-res picture of his asshole and finger prints.

Show me one ICO coin that coded something useful.
You can't.

PS:
Only you can prevent forest fires Wink

ICO's are an invalid scammy distribution method too.
If you launch one you are a scammer period.
They are nothing but 100% premined coins where the devs manipulated it to hell & back and take their cut.
There is NOTHING legit about ICO's.
They are the most unfair method of distribution.. they are basically a 100% premine.
Which is more scammy then when a "dev" does it for 2% and you all scream scam !

Your all full of shit big time .

FUD first & ask questions later™
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 09:38:14 PM

i agree with you but the majority of investors doesn't know how to read code.... all they care is the team. And this part, even scams generally have.

This why I vet code  Cool

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: