Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a Trezor  (Read 1150 times)
Jcastle (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:16:58 PM

After this bitfinex hack...I decided it was time for cold storage...I had a lot of bitcoins sitting on coinbase wallet...I set up trezor this morning and moved my bitcoin....easy to setup and use...now I can relax.I will just use coinbase to buy and sell bitcoins but not to store bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:20:25 PM

Is Trezor compatible with IMac?

Sounds like Breadwallet but in an iPhone, in concept.  Better or worse?

nvbits

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:25:57 PM

I have a keepkey. I like it.

What have you worked out for storing your recovery seed? A safe deposit box at a bank doesn't seem secure anymore and I'd like a copy of it that does not rely on technology.

Overall tho I like my hardware wallet.
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:38:18 PM

After this bitfinex hack...I decided it was time for cold storage...I had a lot of bitcoins sitting on coinbase wallet...I set up trezor this morning and moved my bitcoin....easy to setup and use...now I can relax.I will just use coinbase to buy and sell bitcoins but not to store bitcoins.
that was a great choice, i use it all the time and i have never had any problems, it is the best way to store your bitcoins if you are going to hold for a long time
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:21:29 AM

I have some questions about Trezor and KeepKey. Siince you are more informed than me i hope you can answer.
Are they any reports where Bitcoins where stolen/hacked from a Trezor or KeepKey?
Can i store more than just Bitcoin on them? I mean altcoins like ETH for example.
Can i have more than i wallet stored on them, i a way that they operate totally independent with no traceable links between them? Or would i need 2 devices for that?

rphk

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

it is an good decision to save the bitcoin on cold storage , i also would like save it on cold storage , i believe that will be the safer than keeping it on online wallet . because online wallet sites should adopt more security features on their sites.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 09:36:20 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 09:57:08 AM by Edwardard

Is Trezor compatible with IMac?

Sounds like Breadwallet but in an iPhone, in concept.  Better or worse?
in theory, trezor is not like a breadwallet  but it is a type of hardware wallet . you have to buy it from an online shop but it is not so cheap. but the best thing is trezor  wallet stores your coins in an offline environment so that no hacker can take control over your wallet. @op, you have taken a  very good step.
-snip-
Are they any reports where Bitcoins where stolen/hacked from a Trezor or KeepKey?
no and believe me, you will never read any such reports. because hardware wallets are the most secured wallets unlike others.
Can i store more than just Bitcoin on them? I mean altcoins like ETH for example.
trezor can be used to store litecoins and dash. it is compatible with altcoins but the coin developers should integrate the support.
Can i have more than i wallet stored on them, i a way that they operate totally independent with no traceable links between them? Or would i need 2 devices for that?
you can store more than one address  in your trezor wallet.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:51:13 AM

you made the best purchase you can do ! simply Trezor worth its money and the team behind is super active! keep an eye on hack-athlon on september!! Love my trezor also
happy btc stashing!  Cool
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:16:52 AM

We hve told you this as often as possible on almost every platform you can follow and talk about Bitcoin.
Never ever store your coins on an exchange or with a service when you are not in control of the keys!!
Finex is just one of many hacks and breaches which had happened before with almost every other exchange.
Keep the majority of your coins in cold storage!
Trezor, Keepkey, Ledger are the most known devices you could use for that.And they are absolutely worth a buy!!
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:27:18 AM

I also want to keep them in cold storage and it may be a good decision to save BTC in cold storage . I believes that it would be safer than store them in an online wallet for online wallet should adopt more security features profiles on them .
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:28:15 PM

finally I saw someone who came to his senses Smiley

I have always been saying that you should always move to a cold storage if you have even more than 1BTC and if you have more than a couple bitcoins then you have to buy a hardware wallet and move your funds there.

better safe than sorry!

Only Bitcoin
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:43:43 PM

I want one of these so bad! Would prefer the keep key I think, but this would ease my mind (although intellectually I understand this could be done with paper wallets for cheaper Wink ). I see the cost came down quite a bit since this debuted.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

i have never tried it, i only did some paper wallets and nothing else yet, though im pretty sure i will do it in the near future because there are a lot of risks for it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
macedoniantable

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:57:50 PM

I think this is needed for everybody too do now.
I will do this too because I don't want any of my bitcoins comprised either! Angry
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4464

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:48:58 PM

though hardware wallets are the most secure way to secure your funds compared to other digital methods. still be cautious about your usage.

when plugging it in on different devices and it loads the user interface (website/electrum) be skeptical if the website is saying 'something went wrong/device corrupt, please type in your seed'.
check the website is not a phishing tool trying to grab your seed. if your device is connecting to electrum, check that the "plugins" and versions of electrum have not be hijacked before typing in the seed.

nothing is perfect but hardware wallets are getting better and are a great way to store coins offline while remaining easier to manage than a paper wallet. but still be cautious

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
macedoniantable

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:05:34 PM

I would rather use hardware instead of storing anything on a soft wallet. There is more a possibility of it being hacked or keylogged and what ever those people do to get your password.
With a hardware wallet you have that sense of security because it is a tangible item and you don't need to have it connected to the internet to use it. So that right there is an instant approval by me to promote using a hardware wallet instead. Smiley
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:10:26 PM

trezor is too damn expensive for the security it offers.
that is why i guess it is only good for bitcoin-rich people.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
coinoclock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:23:54 PM

trezor is too damn expensive for the security it offers.
that is why i guess it is only good for bitcoin-rich people.

right!
what about a offline usb stick with the key on it? And after you use it just make a new address.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:32:13 PM

Good job! Never go back to holding anything you care about on an exchange contact that you'll need to at this point obviously). I personally like paper wallets because they're cheap (and I'm cheap  Kiss, so it was an obvious fit) and you can hide them anywhere (like in a little barrel around your dog's neck, or under the wing of a plane).
Dissonance

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:36:20 PM

If you don;t have enough bitcoin to justify buying a hardware wallet like trezor then you are probabaly ok to store your coins in a more convinent place like blockchain.info. Yea the security is not as good(even though its preety good for a website) but security measures you take should be proportional to the amount you want to store.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: