Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-08-07] Kim Dotcom Says That Megaupload 2.0 Will Use Bitcoin  (Read 800 times)
mookid (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 05:47:38 AM

Megaupload owner, Kim Dotcom, announced via twitter account information about his new venture. It is no secret that the ‘business’ man is working in a new cloud storage service. The German-Finnish entrepreneur revealed however, that is working on a couple of projects known as Bitcache and MegaNet.

http://themerkle.com/kim-dotcom-says-that-megaupload-2-0-will-use-bitcoin/
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:22:12 PM

This is a much better article 

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-will-link-file-transfers-bitcoin-transactions-160805/

Just to have all the sources in one place.

What i like about this is this
“Nobody will upload to any other cloud after Megaupload’s Bitcache goes live. 100 million Bitcache wallets,” he said this morning.

and also this

“Megaupload 2.0 takes decentralization, anonymity & encryption to the next level. A nightmare for those who want to mass surveil & censor,” Dotcom concludes.

Anyone here so bullish to say that BTC will be 2000$ in jan 2017 like Kim is saying?

Space for rent if its still trending
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:36:47 PM

“Megaupload 2.0 takes decentralization, anonymity & encryption to the next level. A nightmare for those who want to mass surveil & censor,” Dotcom concludes.

Anyone here so bullish to say that BTC will be 2000$ in jan 2017 like Kim is saying?

If Kim implements the new Megaupload as a distributed storage system, then the strong rhetoric in the quote above will be entirely justified. We will see.

Vires in numeris
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:56:35 PM

“Nobody will upload to any other cloud after Megaupload’s Bitcache goes live. 100 million Bitcache wallets,” he said this morning.

What is Bitcache wallet? I haven't heard before about this term and maybe lots of us don't know what is and what are the differences from a normal bitcoin wallet.
The news about Megaupload to be alive again on the scene is good and really want to see whats innovative this time and how bitcoin can be used there.
Frodomaga

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:07:33 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 03:31:04 PM by Frodomaga

Megaupload will be back? Shocked                                                                                                                                                                                           
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:28:12 AM

If indeed there is "currency changing hands for people sharing files" the next level "decentralization, anonymity & encryption" will be a must.  And if indeed it is using bitcoin, his hyperbole will be completely justified. 

Between the halving having been shaken out for 6 months by then, COIN, use cases like this, seg wit deploying, and perhaps sidechains, 2017 could be a banner year.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:09:25 AM

What is Bitcache wallet? I haven't heard before about this term and maybe lots of us don't know what is and what are the differences from a normal bitcoin wallet.
The news about Megaupload to be alive again on the scene is good and really want to see whats innovative this time and how bitcoin can be used there.

Right now there is already a project bitcache the link to that is in the article I posted, but is not what he is talking about, he is just unaware that someone else is already using that name.
And in this moment we don't have any details about what Kim is talking about but I guess he wants to make something like counterparty http://counterparty.io

So yeah, we just have to wait and see what he will do!

Space for rent if its still trending
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 03:25:27 AM

Maybe he is right, if he will create a demand for Bitcoin it might shoot up to $2000 once his project is live. This is a good initiative of Kimdotcom that other developers missed, they keep on creating Altcoins but who will use it, where can they use it. With Kimdotcom's project, one will be obliged to buy Bitcoins so they can use his site. 
Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

however, one could assume that Bitcache is a network where users can pay for files using Bitcoin.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:59:29 PM

Right now there is already a project bitcache the link to that is in the article I posted, but is not what he is talking about, he is just unaware that someone else is already using that name.
And in this moment we don't have any details about what Kim is talking about but I guess he wants to make something like counterparty http://counterparty.io

So yeah, we just have to wait and see what he will do!

Not sure if megauplaod will be something like counterparty!

however, one could assume that Bitcache is a network where users can pay for files using Bitcoin.

Then the price of files would depend from its size?
I don't think this could make bitcoin price go to moon!
This can be something like paying the uploaders for upload their files and based on the number of downloads!
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 12:39:41 AM

This would make sense and is what i was thinking, there must be some need for the Bitcache wallets mentioned.
Whatever happens it sounds like an interesting project Kim is working on and i can't wait to see it go live.

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:45:42 AM

If Mega has some sort of service that is payable in Bitcoin, this may be huge.
Being one of the biggest file sharing companies, they would definitely influence a lot of people to adopt the technology.
This could cause a big increase in price.
Only time will tell.
I'm sure Kimdotcom is being careful, but you know several governments are watching him and will arrest him again if they can find any reason to.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: