Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs Ethereum  (Read 8865 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:58:06 AM

I've heard people say that XMR is more secure than ETH; the price chart shows a different story. If Monero (XMR) is better than ETH, how come the price of XMR is lesser than that of ETH?

Price != Security

Look into the concept of market manipulation as a source of price.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:19:02 AM

for me ethereum is better to be honest, not the eth but etc, i think that etc price is going to grow and it will give me some good money over time

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:15:34 AM

I think Ethereum is better than XMR , even though both coins have good market caps , but sure ETH is much better , because it managed to fetch more investors , also it has been growing faster , it is not a long time when ETH price was $ 0.9 , then the growing began , and now ETH marcet cap equals more than $ 900 m .

Also, ETH and XMR are very different one from other. While ETH focuses on smart contracts/dapp development, XMR focuses on providing an anonymous way of transacting by the use of ring signatures. Still, ETH could implement anonymity in the near future, thus making it a full fledged decentralized app platform with anonymizing techniques like ring signatures. Will this ever happen to ETH? Only time will tell. Just my opinion Smiley

In case you did not know. Zcash technology is going to be built on Ethereum. The platform will have anonymous smart contract transactions in the future if it is successful. The people behind zcash will fork Ethereum's parity client with zero knowledge proofs built in it.

In case you did not know Ethereum is a flawed platform, no one can make secure contracts on it and Zcash is as untested.

How is it flawed? Can you please explain why? Because if it is really "flawed" like you say that no one can create secure smart contracts then why are there people and researchers from universities interested in the platform? Why would the zcash development team or at least a couple of people from it be interested in developing  zero knowledge proofs in Ethereum?

I am sorry if I am skeptical. Most of the people that say "that is impossible, that is a scam" are the people who holds a competing coin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 11:23:51 AM

I think Ethereum is better than XMR , even though both coins have good market caps , but sure ETH is much better , because it managed to fetch more investors , also it has been growing faster , it is not a long time when ETH price was $ 0.9 , then the growing began , and now ETH marcet cap equals more than $ 900 m .

Also, ETH and XMR are very different one from other. While ETH focuses on smart contracts/dapp development, XMR focuses on providing an anonymous way of transacting by the use of ring signatures. Still, ETH could implement anonymity in the near future, thus making it a full fledged decentralized app platform with anonymizing techniques like ring signatures. Will this ever happen to ETH? Only time will tell. Just my opinion Smiley

In case you did not know. Zcash technology is going to be built on Ethereum. The platform will have anonymous smart contract transactions in the future if it is successful. The people behind zcash will fork Ethereum's parity client with zero knowledge proofs built in it.

In case you did not know Ethereum is a flawed platform, no one can make secure contracts on it and Zcash is as untested.

How is it flawed? Can you please explain why? Because if it is really "flawed" like you say that no one can create secure smart contracts then why are there people and researchers from universities interested in the platform? Why would the zcash development team or at least a couple of people from it be interested in developing  zero knowledge proofs in Ethereum?

I am sorry if I am skeptical. Most of the people that say "that is impossible, that is a scam" are the people who holds a competing coin.

Way before the fork to classic, a few smart people were outlining Eth's problems here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg13855814#msg13855814

cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:47:35 AM

I like both XMR and ETH, for me they are at the moment the only alternatives to BTC worth of investing and long term hodling without permanent fear of total loss like in some other short lived fantasy-crypto projects. XMR has the potential to enable cryptousers with options we always hoped BTC would do. I say "potential".
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:30:26 PM

I like both XMR and ETH, for me they are at the moment the only alternatives to BTC worth of investing and long term hodling without permanent fear of total loss like in some other short lived fantasy-crypto projects. XMR has the potential to enable cryptousers with options we always hoped BTC would do. I say "potential".

I have similar feeling. I own three digital coin. Bitcoin for major currency, Monero for anonymity, the Etheruem for smart contract.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:09:37 PM

Good to know about this. So that means that maybe Zcash would get the attention it deserves (probably hype) once it is released. As long as it delivers good anonymity, it will a coin that might last for the long term. Then, the competition would be fierce between Monero, Dash and Zcash.

These two coins have different applications. One is the fuel for smart contract, the other is for anonymous.

Exactly. It is like comparing apples vs oranges. XMR and ETH are two different things. However, once ETH fixes its flaws, I think that it will be a solid smart contract platform. ETC keeps falling down in price, I wonder if this has to do with the DAO hacker dumping the coins. Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:39:49 AM

Way before the fork to classic, a few smart people were outlining Eth's problems here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg13855814#msg13855814

Who is he? What projects was he involved in? I would like to read a person's technical comments in something but it must be that person is a known crypto developer. No offense to him. I am only skeptical because of all the FUD that is happening all over this forum. It is hard to find out what is the truth anymore.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
anama

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:55:43 AM

monero batle ethereum
ethereum still better than is good is compare monero
is community vollume transcation and price ethreum better than is good
ethereum accepted much market placed exchanger monero only few litle exchanger
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:15:23 AM

Who is he? What projects was he involved in? I would like to read a person's technical comments in something but it must be that person is a known crypto developer. No offense to him. I am only skeptical because of all the FUD that is happening all over this forum. It is hard to find out what is the truth anymore.

Who are they? Roach wasn't the only one spelling out the problems in eth. FluffyPony put on a clinic in twitter--as anonymint and smooth added a lot to the discussion in the Eth Paradox thread.

Anyone ever left holding a bag in our little cryptokingdom--either isn't paying attention, or doesn't know where to pay attention (and yes, that's a shameless ck plug for those paying attention--it's only shilling if you say, "I'm not shilling").

Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:34:48 AM

monero batle ethereum

There is no battle between the Monero and Etheruem. Monero is too small. It is not growing fast enough.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:57:58 AM

XMR investor giving all of their power to defend their coin, while their topic that has been in the first page of this section for a long time is dying.

Looks like xmr community is like 300 spartans, very little but still strong
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:43:04 AM

Nope the XMR community is growing fast, I joined around 10 months ago (ETH and XMR) and till yet it is growing with accelerating speed. Especially in the last weeks I have seen more and more interest from BTC users who are worried about the last development in BTC tracking software and EU laws.

The implementation of the GUI, RingCT and I2P will make XMR not only open to the average Joe, but also the most secure crypto around.

I am tracking the Zcash development too, as I am pretty agnostic to who will make it in the end. If it is XMR fine, ZCash also fine.
But Zcash is still very experimental and Monero has a huge head start in regard to technology and community.

Both projects are of huge importance for crypto and beyond.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:04:16 AM

How is it flawed? Can you please explain why? Because if it is really "flawed" like you say that no one can create secure smart contracts then why are there people and researchers from universities interested in the platform? Why would the zcash development team or at least a couple of people from it be interested in developing  zero knowledge proofs in Ethereum?

Who are they? Roach wasn't the only one spelling out the problems in eth. FluffyPony put on a clinic in twitter--as anonymint and smooth added a lot to the discussion in the Eth Paradox thread.

Anyone ever left holding a bag in our little cryptokingdom--either isn't paying attention, or doesn't know where to pay attention (and yes, that's a shameless ck plug for those paying attention--it's only shilling if you say, "I'm not shilling").

Forgive me for my ignorance but who is FluffyPony and anonymint? My point in saying when someone is known in the cryptosphere are people like Peter Todd or Gmaxwell. Even the founder of zcash is someone considered highly respected.

They will maybe have the same negative opinion on Ethereum but if people are looking for somebody to listen to it is them or the people in the same level as them.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:17:16 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 04:48:15 AM by Spoetnik

They will maybe have the same negative opinion on Ethereum but if people are looking for somebody to listen to it is them or the people in the same level as them.

They are all greedy dipshit idiots spewing rhetoric for profit..
But the worst of them all are the smug little millennial brats.
They can all choke on a fat cock.

Like whom ?
Look at the ETH / DAO Foundation head shots.
Cum guzzlin' faggot brats galore.
It's like they were all cut from same self entitled Millennial privileged mold.

I'm HERE !
i KNOW THINGS !
I'm 21
I have profits to make !
I have schemes to push !

Buy my ICO SCAM COINZ !!!!

fuck 'em all /.

FUD first & ask questions later™
universe_

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:08:07 PM

ethereum is way better i think if we actually talk about etc not the eth because only etc has the potential to grow at the moment and make us all big money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:46:06 PM

How is it flawed? Can you please explain why? Because if it is really "flawed" like you say that no one can create secure smart contracts then why are there people and researchers from universities interested in the platform? Why would the zcash development team or at least a couple of people from it be interested in developing  zero knowledge proofs in Ethereum?

Forgive me for my ignorance but who is FluffyPony and anonymint? My point in saying when someone is known in the cryptosphere are people like Peter Todd or Gmaxwell. Even the founder of zcash is someone considered highly respected.

Ignorance is bliss, dude--until you realize Peter Todd uses and talks about XMR and GMaxwell has an XMR address in his profile (sorry, no ETH), and that FluffyPony is one of the developers of XMR (and pretty beloved in the cryptospace), and anonymint (love him or hate him) is a name to be reckoned with on this board (though he goes by iamnotback ATM).

But what does name dropping have to do with the problems outlined in that thread? They did a good job of dumbing the issues down (or did you not even bother to read it?)

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:32:08 PM

monero batle ethereum

Well, I doubt about Monero battling Ethereum since XMR is very small (in marketcap, price, and technology) and also it does not serve as a smart contract platform whereas ETH can be used as a currency (Ether) and also as a platform for decentralized applications. Besides, I've heard that Zcash is being worked on from within Ethereum as a sidechain, so that is 1+ for ETH. Still, anything could happen in crypto land, so it is up to the users/investors to decide which coin stays at the top. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 03:30:30 AM

Ignorance is bliss, dude--until you realize Peter Todd uses and talks about XMR and GMaxwell has an XMR address in his profile (sorry, no ETH), and that FluffyPony is one of the developers of XMR (and pretty beloved in the cryptospace), and anonymint (love him or hate him) is a name to be reckoned with on this board (though he goes by iamnotback ATM).

But what does name dropping have to do with the problems outlined in that thread? They did a good job of dumbing the issues down (or did you not even bother to read it?)

I am reading and rereading. Some posts are very technical and I will need time to digest all of it. But from Peter Todd, Gmaxwell and Adam Back, they said that Vitalik is selling something that he himself knows will not work, therefore will have no chance of releasing it. They were talking about Casper.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:54:54 AM

Like i already said one is a currency and one is not.
What the hell is there to discuss ?

NOOBS don't bother listenting to those "Expert" Ethereum analysts.

ETH has no conceivable chance at going anywhere or doing anything let alone beating Bitcoin.
..or even XMR

Because it's not a currency and has no technical way of doing so.
It is all in what it is and how it is designed to work.
I think "Roach" was one of the best around here to explain why.
Maybe he will see this and post his explanation again.

And if it's simply a comparison in price.. well who cares ?
I sure as hell don't (care about coin prices in relation to BTC)

I care about what Altcoin(s) should be compared to.. FIAT ?
Maybe finally we will get a coin that can rival Bitcoin ?

Ohh i got plenty to criticize about Monero but at least it's pointed in the right direction in many ways.
At the very god damn least it HAS to be a CURRENCY.
Or take your scammmy ICO bullshit & fuck off.

I don't care what you all want to tack a block-chain on and ICO ..i am not buying.. EVER !
I don't care if it goes to $20 a coin etc..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: