Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex still has hackable errors in their site.  (Read 443 times)
r421x0 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:17:04 AM

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/********/public_html/wp-content/******/******/index.php on line 1"

The URL is blog.bitfinex.com/**-*******/******/*****/

Seems like they don't give a shit about their site at all. And this took me less than 10 minutes to find.

Thank you.

sandaq

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:34:16 AM

hehe, that's funny, you're funny.

There's a different between the wordpress site that is located on one server and the exchange which is located on totaly different server. It's like you find a path discloser on a bank PR site. Doesn't mean you can hack the bank computers.

Don't be a skript kiddie.

r421x0 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:37:14 AM

hehe, that's funny, you're funny.

There's a different between the wordpress site that is located on one server and the exchange which is located on totaly different server. It's like you find a path discloser on a bank PR site. Doesn't mean you can hack the bank computers.

Don't be a skript kiddie.

The sites are located on the same servers. While it might not have the exchange, it still has the tables that contain the details of users & admins. With that admin login you could easily login to the server, attempt to upload a shell, and do a lot more things.
sandaq

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:49:04 AM

They are NOT located on the same servers.
blog.bitfinex.com has IP 160.153.18.112
www.bitfinex.com has IP 149.126.73.97

and trading servers are probably located on a totaly different IP.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:55:44 AM

The website is still a scam. I don't trust them anymore (I didn't use it ever, but I would have probably trusted it if I needed to). I expect another "hack" phase to begin when the site will be fully working once again. A $65M loss is a huge amount, the temptation to steal it as the owners is as big as the amount is.
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:10:50 AM

The website is still a scam. I don't trust them anymore (I didn't use it ever, but I would have probably trusted it if I needed to). I expect another "hack" phase to begin when the site will be fully working once again. A $65M loss is a huge amount, the temptation to steal it as the owners is as big as the amount is.
Why using the word "Scam". When did bitfinex scam you? Did they have a bad reputation that they scam people? and you have a evidence about that? All I know is that there  site was hacked last week that's all and no scam happened because the owner of the site also suffers and also the users of that site Cry
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:53:52 AM

Why using the word "Scam". When did bitfinex scam you? Did they have a bad reputation that they scam people? and you have a evidence about that? All I know is that there  site was hacked last week that's all and no scam happened because the owner of the site also suffers and also the users of that site Cry

why do you use the word Hack? how do you know that it was a hack? because you have been TOLD so? Smiley  

did you see any evidence of this hack?  Huh Grin
r421x0 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:55:03 AM

how do you know that it was a hack? because you have been TOLD so? Smiley 

did you see any evidence of this hack?  Huh Grin

While they didn't have the most secure site, it's obvious that this was an inside job. $65m doesn't just "disappear." One would need to have knowledge on the inside, know how to be secure, and how to manipulate the system. Obviously it was being planned for a while & the person who pulled it off is a fucking genius.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:04:49 AM

I was ironic in the post from above.

of course, Bitfinex "hacked" them self because their clients are like sheep Smiley

lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:05:29 AM

Any determined hacker can take down any site that you can imagine and Bitfinex is not an exception. Bitfinex can say that they added this and that as a protection to prevent this from happening again but at the end of the day, hackers can still take them down. Some hackers are even paid to take down a site to show how their site is vulnerable to hacking.
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:29:18 AM

I guess the job is to hide any hackable points and secure the cold wallets... How can cold wallets be hack so easily?

frediiii

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:38:29 AM

I guess the job is to hide any hackable points and secure the cold wallets... How can cold wallets be hack so easily?
because they where not cold wallets. try to keep up Smiley
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:39:29 AM

Guys for real do you believe there are unhackable websites ?? the only way to prevent something like that is you have always a guy observe the Withdraws (on exchanges ), hackers are able to get inside banks, but its harder to steal from them because the accounts need ID and other legal papers in order to withdraw their loot, so that it is harder, but in case of crypto, you need nothing!
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:12:45 AM

Whether or not they orchestrated the hack themselves, they are still scamming people with this 36% haircut. There is no transparency; they aren't showing us the books. And a socialized loss is legally dubious; the consensus seems to be that in common law countries, this is analogous to some bank deposit boxes being looted. That doesn't give Bitfinex the right to redistribute assets for other customers' deposit boxes. In this case, we know whose bitcoins were stolen; now peoples' USD/ETH/LTC/ETC are being stolen to partially replace them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:59:17 AM

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/********/public_html/wp-content/******/******/index.php on line 1"

The URL is blog.bitfinex.com/**-*******/******/*****/

Seems like they don't give a shit about their site at all. And this took me less than 10 minutes to find.

Thank you.

After the burglary incident that occurred on bitfinex much better for a while do not use their services until they give notice that the situation has been under control.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: