Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Late?  (Read 808 times)
vonross2012 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:05:30 AM

Iv'e got bitcoin itch.  But gez the prices are getting so high will i get my return back.  I don't know either to buy a 25 bitcoin batch 3 machine or just get as many bitcoins as i can get now.  Decisions, Decisions aarrg.

Ross
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:43:27 AM

Pretend for a moment that we are in $0.68 territory, and the all time high is $0.75. Now imagine that you can predict the future and see the price going to $32 and then one day, $75. Well, the way I see it, that could be similar to what's happening now only with price x 100.

I think the next few years will feel like deja vu and we'll be looking at $6000 bitcoins.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:49:59 AM

Pretend for a moment that we are in $0.68 territory, and the all time high is $0.75. Now imagine that you can predict the future and see the price going to $32 and then one day, $75. Well, the way I see it, that could be similar to what's happening now only with price x 100.

I think the next few years will feel like deja vu and we'll be looking at $6000 bitcoins.

Then I can pay for college Cheesy   ...and a plane!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:54:53 AM

It is never too late to dream. I suggest you buy a whole shirt's worth!

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:57:40 AM

Iv'e got bitcoin itch.  But gez the prices are getting so high will i get my return back.  I don't know either to buy a 25 bitcoin batch 3 machine or just get as many bitcoins as i can get now.  Decisions, Decisions aarrg.

Ross

Yep.  Only you can make that decision.  It is entirely possible that tomorrow the exchange rate of bitcoin will plummet down to $5 per bitcoin.  It is also possible that it will surge ahead and be over $200 per bitcoin before the year is over.  You have to decide how much risk you can tolerate, and how much loss you can survive.

If you look through historical posts on this forum you will see people saying "Iv'e got bitcoin itch.  But gez the prices are getting so high will i get my return back."  Back when it was $4 per bitcoin.  You'll see people who said the same at $16 per bitcoin.  You'll see people who said the same at $48 per bitcoin.  You'll see people who are saying the same now at $70 per bitcoin.

Quite possibly a year from now, people will be saying the same at $300 per bitcoin. Or, perhaps they'll be saying "Thank goodness I didn't jump in at $70 per bitcoin when I discovered it.  It is a much better value now at $1".
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:00:43 AM

@Danny boy, so how productive is that to spend our time wrangling over something we can't know, but we need to know in order to manage money?

The point of money is to enable investing in productivity gains.

This is not time-preference, it is greed vs. fear schizophrenia.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:08:26 AM

Hey don't change the topic!

bbond77

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:02:04 AM

BTC is weighed in my head like SLV - GLD - .223 - SEED - Knowlage - ...

More at any cost is better than none ever.
Only you can decide, I'm a modest saver, but i like owning things.
So i OWN VALUE. BTC is as valuable as the people participating with it.
I want it to succeed and people with a LOT of 'value' invested into "it" do as well so... why would it loose its value? Im not saying it cant but the CONCEPT is VALUABLE so I say either way... you are concerned for your future so you have a one up an a large proportion of the populations either way you invest. (scary right?) HAHA!
bbond77

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:04:32 AM

"I TRUST SIlver and Gold, I have faith in BTC."
MarkBTC

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:51:06 AM

Ross
I know it's clichéd, but investment rule #1: never invest any money that you cannot afford to lose.

That said, I'm keeping about 5% of my personal portfolio in BTC.
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:03:52 AM

Ross
I know it's clichéd, but investment rule #1: never invest any money that you cannot afford to lose.

That said, I'm keeping about 5% of my personal portfolio in BTC.

Likewise. It's even less in my case. But I just bought 6 shares of ASICMINER. I guess it has the lowest risk, as ASICMINER already pays dividends
paradigm

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:23:52 AM

Personally I would not use bitcoins as an investment.  If you do go that route it should be more about spreading and reducing risk.  Even better for me bitcoins are more of an improved Paypal than anything else.  It's a great way to buy and sell.  Hopefully bitcoins become more popular.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:41:38 AM

BTC is so volatile no one can really say if it's a good time to buy or sell. Youll just need to decide for yourself if you want to get in on this crazy ride or not Smiley.

Most traditional finincal experts I talk to all tend to agree that BTC is going through hyperdeflation and right now it's becoming less and less of a "currency" and more and more of a thing people just want to hoard.

I do feel like BTC is in a bubble,  but I can't when or even if it will crash because BTC have been so unpreditible.   I do agree with some of my friends though if the value of BTC keeps shooting up like it has  been recently that it will really start to lose it's purpose as a currency.  People want stability with currency's, they typically want to know that if they have a dollar today it will still be worth a dollar tomorrow.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:45:14 AM

People want stability with currency's, they typically want to know that if they have a dollar today it will still be worth a dollar tomorrow.

If you have a bitcoin today, it will still be worth a bitcoin tomorrow.
Caribou

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:50:22 AM

People want stability with currency's, they typically want to know that if they have a dollar today it will still be worth a dollar tomorrow.

And how you can be sure of that with the dollar ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: