Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:04:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: investing in bitcoin  (Read 1624 times)
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 09:43:08 AM

This is not a bubble...
Im not saying it is a bubble, im saying it will become one if more and more money flows in to bitcoin, without having any use for it at all.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
tenko

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

this is a vary interesting thread, just what i was debating with a friend here for last couple days. thanks all for the valuable input!
kcirazy

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

My view is that investing in Bitcoin means that you are adding something of value. Buying BTC is a way of investing. However without spending those coins you are not getting the best out of your investment. If you want your investment to grow further... try to add more value the the network, either by being a consumer, a merchant or miner. There are other ways too: http://bitcoin.org/en/support-bitcoin
strikegold

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 11:49:34 AM

My view is that investing in Bitcoin means that you are adding something of value. Buying BTC is a way of investing. However without spending those coins you are not getting the best out of your investment. If you want your investment to grow further... try to add more value the the network, either by being a consumer, a merchant or miner. There are other ways too: http://bitcoin.org/en/support-bitcoin

I coulden't agree with you more.  Smiley 
MaraC

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:53:13 AM

Great simple way of saying it! I completely agree..

In regards of just the price, I think is a great investment long term.. even if tomorrow will be $50, in a year it will be much more than $100..
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:41:56 PM

It's likely there will be a correction at some point. But it's hard to predict whether it will happen now, or if it will happen at $150 and correct down to $100.
Sure, that's not a bubble, it's steady growth. Actually I was surprised that the price of BTC didn't go up right away after the halving. But now it makes sense.
We will see dips...that's for sure!!!

Steady growth of new fools coming in...not same rate of growth of new REAL transactions which is what values a currency:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158111.0

You should ignore me. I won't be replying.

so real transactions is what values a currency? I thought it was offer/demand, silly me... I should re-learn economics and finance all over again... geez.. I've been so blind!

Yes you should. Hopefully you can lookup the Quantity Theory of Money. Set V = 0, what happens to GDP?

Ah sh8t I said I wouldn't reply. F$ck I lied.

So, I didn't see a huge jump in transactions, yet, the BTC price is up again. Care to explain us ohh so smart economist how is it that this happen?
Lol I'm just playing with you... Don't reply, go read an economy book instead Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mike332

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:19:51 PM

I recommend you to invest in it how much you can lose  Smiley
toomsie

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:52:37 PM

If you are only investing to hold bitcoin then you are only buying in to a bubble. Go away, were trying to build something better here.

This is not a bubble...

I am not scared of bears. The price will go up eventually so long as BitCoins has a use as digital currency. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: