Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:01:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to solve merged mining conflicts among coins with different block time  (Read 391 times)
langyu (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:13:01 PM

As we known,  nmc and bitcoin both have  block time of 10 minutes , what about  huntercoin (2 minutes) ? 
Are there any special in huntercoin (auxpow block) data structure,  for example  the prev_hash in parent block  header are all the same ? 

Field Size   Description   Data type   Comments
4   version   uint32_t   
32   prev_block   char[32]   
32   merkle_root   char[32]   
4   timestamp   uint32_t   
4   bits   uint32_t   
4   nonce   uint32_t   
 ?   coinbase_txn   txn   Coinbase transaction that is in the parent block, linking the AuxPOW block to its parent block
32   block_hash   char[32]   Hash of the parent_block header
 ?   coinbase_branch   Merkle branch   The merkle branch linking the coinbase_txn to the parent block's merkle_root
 ?   blockchain_branch   Merkle branch   The merkle branch linking this auxiliary blockchain to the others, when used in a merged mining setup with multiple auxiliary chains
80   parent_block      Block header   Parent block header
?   txn_count   var_int   
 ?   txns   tx[]   
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 03:37:14 PM

I guess this topic fits better to the altcoin section.  What particular problem do you see with merge-mined coins that have different block times?  I see none.  The prev hash points to the previous block hash of the chain in question (Huntercoin in your example), just as always.  Why do you think it should be different?

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
langyu (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:10:43 PM

I guess this topic fits better to the altcoin section.  What particular problem do you see with merge-mined coins that have different block times?  I see none.  The prev hash points to the previous block hash of the chain in question (Huntercoin in your example), just as always.  Why do you think it should be different?

Maybe  I got confused about parent block and bitcoin block.  I tried to understand,  a parent block is not eqaul to a bitcoin block,  In auxpow block,  the previous parent block hash points to the last parent block not bitcoin block.   I'm right ?
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 06:21:48 PM

Maybe  I got confused about parent block and bitcoin block.  I tried to understand,  a parent block is not eqaul to a bitcoin block,  In auxpow block,  the previous parent block hash points to the last parent block not bitcoin block.   I'm right ?

I'm still not 100% sure what you mean here.  Your merge-mined block (say HUC) has, very roughly speaking, two pointers to other blocks:  The previous HUC block, which forms the HUC blockchain and is in every aspect just like things work in Bitcoin or other blockchains.  And it points to a Bitcoin block header, which forms the auxpow - but note that this header must not actually be a fully valid Bitcoin block (nor must it be part of the main Bitcoin blockchain).

If you happen to find a "Bitcoin block" whose hash is good enough for HUC's difficulty but not Bitcoin's, you can still use it as auxpow and have found a HUC block (but not a Bitcoin block).  The other way round, if you find a block whose difficulty is high enough for Bitcoin, you have found blocks for HUC and BTC at the same time.  (Assuming that Bitcoin's difficulty is actually higher than that of HUC.)

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: