Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Growing weed vs. Mining for BTC  (Read 3098 times)
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:32:18 AM

I have not checked hemp seed prices recently. Where I can get decent and cheap outdoor seeds, except darknet shops? I used the seeds from ganja purchased locally, but now the local market have shifted to synthetic cannabis like Spice that obviously have no seeds. It is very hard to find weed that have live seeds in it.
Hemp has low THC content and it's only suitable for food, fibre or fuel. If you are looking for cannabis with high THC content, here is a list of reputed seed banks : http://www.cannabisculture.com/seeds
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:58:09 AM

I have not checked hemp seed prices recently. Where I can get decent and cheap outdoor seeds, except darknet shops? I used the seeds from ganja purchased locally, but now the local market have shifted to synthetic cannabis like Spice that obviously have no seeds. It is very hard to find weed that have live seeds in it.

That spice will rot your mouth and brain.

Nobody should ever smoke incense. Period.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:49:25 PM

Hemp has low THC content and it's only suitable for food, fibre or fuel.
I call sometimes marijuana hemp because it is basically a hemp. It is like different varieties of tomato.

I fully agree with this. Incense is total crap, I better sniff glue than ever do this shit. But many people prefer to get 1 gram of Spice for 4$ than 1 gram of average quality weed for 22$. And Spice was legal and openly sold in shops until recently they got banned. Not all schoolkids could afford to buy the real thing or knew the dealers.

This is example how prohibition affects society in bad way. If they were smoking good quality weed they would not do too much damage to themselves. Now with Spice and similar crap they got brain damage and degenerate personality. And the effects of later "legal" versions of incense have nothing in common to ganja.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:19:24 PM

Hemp has low THC content and it's only suitable for food, fibre or fuel.
I call sometimes marijuana hemp because it is basically a hemp. It is like different varieties of tomato.

I fully agree with this. Incense is total crap, I better sniff glue than ever do this shit. But many people prefer to get 1 gram of Spice for 4$ than 1 gram of average quality weed for 22$. And Spice was legal and openly sold in shops until recently they got banned. Not all schoolkids could afford to buy the real thing or knew the dealers.

This is example how prohibition affects society in bad way. If they were smoking good quality weed they would not do too much damage to themselves. Now with Spice and similar crap they got brain damage and degenerate personality. And the effects of later "legal" versions of incense have nothing in common to ganja.

Hemp and marijuana are two different things. Its like raisins and graps you cant make grape juice with a raisin, and you cant get stoned off of hemp.

As for the incense, most people are not smoking spice because they prefer it over weed, they smoke spice because they are on probation, or their job drug tests.

There isn't any proof spice is "bad" for you.. obviously anything you put in your body isn't good.. but there isn't proof spice is dangerous.
You read news and hear things about people dying from smoking spice, they don't get the point out spice didn't kill them, but what they did while smoking did. Such as the news article in my local probation officer... teen dies from smoking spice with a home made plastic bowl.

Well what killed him.. spice.. or plastic?
plastic.

Or teen dies after smoking spice.... and driving his car 120 mph into a house.

Did spice kill him? Or his irresponsible driving..
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

Hemp and marijuana are two different things. Its like raisins and graps you cant make grape juice with a raisin, and you cant get stoned off of hemp.
He's not wrong. I studied botanic and they both are the exact same plant (only the genome differ) : Cannabis sativa. There is also Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis but it's like comparing black and white human and saying they are not the same species : Homo sapiens.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 09:25:49 PM

The only thing when you make money regardless trough mining or growing..

u need a wife that doesn't spend ...period..

COINDER
COINDER
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:25:57 PM

As for the incense, most people are not smoking spice because they prefer it over weed, they smoke spice because they are on probation, or their job drug tests.
Probation is bad animal in USA and probably not much can be done about it, but I cannot imagine legal reason how employer can force worker to take drug tests. It is like taking polygraph test every day just to check You have not murdered someone last night. If person is drunk he is not allowed to drive the bus, but I never seen actually anybody to crash a car or saw off his hands with chainsaw while under weed. I know people who take smoke to make night shifts at sawmill less boring and no accident so far. But the drunkards regularly have the fingers cut off.
They are the same species, different potency because of selection. I once smoked the low potency a.k.a fiber hemp. Usually we share single joint between 3 or 4 friends. That night we shared big bong of the hemp, then proceeded to roll large cigar like joints and we each smoked about 3 of the large joints. I remember being very drunk but I felt the action from the low potency hemp. It was noticeable, but not the stoned confused feeling of high potency weed, it was more like euphoria. I felt happy and really liked being with friends, laughing, and the warm summer night at nature. So one actually can get high from 0.2 % THC weed.

farlack
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:32:17 AM

He's not wrong. I studied botanic and they both are the exact same plant (only the genome differ) : Cannabis sativa. There is also Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis but it's like comparing black and white human and saying they are not the same species : Homo sapiens.

Hemp you wear as a bracelet, or clothes, rope, paper, milk. Marijuana you smoke and get high, they're the same plant different products.

Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:39:58 AM

If I could pick either or, I'd grow pot as I find it much more profitable for less of a start up cost.

GambitBTC

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:42:47 PM

If I could pick either or, I'd grow pot as I find it much more profitable for less of a start up cost.

Wish it was legal in my area, the penalty is to high for me to consider where i live.
Bitzing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:32:44 PM

20 plants 1st harvest = $10k
Total year profit =  $30k

Considering you have the setup, and solar panels.

Where did you come up with these numbers?

An average grower can held 1lbs per 1kwatt every 3 months (I know you can get more with right strain and experienced grower). Where I am from 1lbs goes for 4k.

Just with 1 light, multiple when necessary.
briannguyen

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 11:38:10 PM

Do both with FREE Electricity and you will be super rich. Even mining BTC with graphic cards. lol

Once you are rich, build a mini nuclear plan and sell electricity + mining + growing weed under nuclear station. Noone will detect it.

hahahaha
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:37:22 AM

Mining BTC         Growing Weed

Stress Level  < Stress Level

Time consumption < Time consumption

Start-Up Cost > Start-Up Cost

Why not just have a room where you grow weed and mine Bitcoins? Use the heat of the computers to insulate the room lol
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:24:52 PM

Why not just have a room where you grow weed and mine Bitcoins? Use the heat of the computers to insulate the room lol

The start up cost varies to much for you to be able to say which is greater.
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:30:34 PM

Why not just have a room where you grow weed and mine Bitcoins?

God bless Washington State.  Cool

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:51:45 PM

Why not just have a room where you grow weed and mine Bitcoins?

God bless Washington State.  Cool

Lucky bastard Smiley
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:58:15 PM

An average grower can held 1lbs per 1kwatt every 3 months (I know you can get more with right strain and experienced grower). Where I am from 1lbs goes for 4k.

1 pound? Probably not you will need a huge plant for that.
1lb might go for 4k, but if you sell 10 pounds to someone, you're not selling it for 4k each. I can go buy 10lb from Cali for 13k.
Bitzing

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:02:36 PM

1 pound? Probably not you will need a huge plant for that.
1lb might go for 4k, but if you sell 10 pounds to someone, you're not selling it for 4k each. I can go buy 10lb from Cali for 13k.

You don't just grow 1 plant under a 1k light, you should know this. Also should know you sell it for what you ask. 4k per lbs is how it goes, don't like it don't buy it imo. You don't have to be a salesmen to sell drugs, they tend to sell themselves.

You will never find 10lbs for 13k in NY unless you are smoking dirt.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

If Bitcoin mining would give waste energy off as a light instead of heat, the marijuana + Bitcoin merged mining will be extremely profitable. I cannot imagine even remotely useful way how to convert few KW of waste heat from GPU cards into light.

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:27:42 PM

The start up cost varies to much for you to be able to say which is greater.

Buying computer hardware and everything would obviously be more than buying lights, soil, seeds, etc based on a 1:1 ratio.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: