Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Growing weed vs. Mining for BTC  (Read 3098 times)
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

Mining BTC         Growing Weed

Stress Level  < Stress Level

Time consumption < Time consumption

Start-Up Cost > Start-Up Cost

Why not just have a room where you grow weed and mine Bitcoins? Use the heat of the computers to insulate the room lol

The start up cost varies to much for you to be able to say which is greater.

Buying computer hardware and everything would obviously be more than buying lights, soil, seeds, etc based on a 1:1 ratio.

Not if your establishing a climate controlled, odor controlled, grow room.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:18:13 PM

I know, but that's be the same as buying really expensive set-up to mine with. Based on a 1:1 ratio of profit, I would say that mining BTC would cost more to set up. It would also last longer than a grow-op though, so it balances itself out.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:58:36 PM

20 plants 1st harvest = $10k
Total year profit =  $30k

Considering you have the setup, and solar panels.

Where did you come up with these numbers?

An average grower can held 1lbs per 1kwatt every 3 months (I know you can get more with right strain and experienced grower). Where I am from 1lbs goes for 4k.

Just with 1 light, multiple when necessary.

1 pound? Probably not you will need a huge plant for that.
1lb might go for 4k, but if you sell 10 pounds to someone, you're not selling it for 4k each. I can go buy 10lb from Cali for 13k.

You don't just grow 1 plant under a 1k light, you should know this. Also should know you sell it for what you ask. 4k per lbs is how it goes, don't like it don't buy it imo. You don't have to be a salesmen to sell drugs, they tend to sell themselves.

You will never find 10lbs for 13k in NY unless you are smoking dirt.

I doubt your plant is going to grow 1lb a few oz maybe.

As for 1lb if you're a grower, you don't sell 1lb for $4k you want to get rid of it because then you're stuck with 10 pounds of dry weed.

Have you ever tried to buy 10lbs in 1 shot? If not, how can you say you will never find those prices? Florida normal prices are $3500 or less.
Bitzing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

20 plants 1st harvest = $10k
Total year profit =  $30k

Considering you have the setup, and solar panels.

Where did you come up with these numbers?

An average grower can held 1lbs per 1kwatt every 3 months (I know you can get more with right strain and experienced grower). Where I am from 1lbs goes for 4k.

Just with 1 light, multiple when necessary.

1 pound? Probably not you will need a huge plant for that.
1lb might go for 4k, but if you sell 10 pounds to someone, you're not selling it for 4k each. I can go buy 10lb from Cali for 13k.

You don't just grow 1 plant under a 1k light, you should know this. Also should know you sell it for what you ask. 4k per lbs is how it goes, don't like it don't buy it imo. You don't have to be a salesmen to sell drugs, they tend to sell themselves.

You will never find 10lbs for 13k in NY unless you are smoking dirt.

I doubt your plant is going to grow 1lb a few oz maybe.

As for 1lb if you're a grower, you don't sell 1lb for $4k you want to get rid of it because then you're stuck with 10 pounds of dry weed.

Have you ever tried to buy 10lbs in 1 shot? If not, how can you say you will never find those prices? Florida normal prices are $3500 or less.

Your reading comprehension is bad. I said you don't grow 1 plant...

Have you done any of what you are talking about because I think the answer is no.
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:36:43 PM

Ya 1lb indoors is a bit far fetched
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:39:57 PM

One is legal the other not.

Both are legal where I am from, I can grow up to 6 plants legally... Grin
Bitzing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:04:32 PM

How do people contribute on a forum when they can't read?

I said it twice already. You don't grow one plant under a 1kwatt light. 
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:10:51 AM

How do people contribute on a forum when they can't read?

I said it twice already. You don't grow one plant under a 1kwatt light. 

This
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 12:38:47 AM

HAY! TIS NOT ILLEGAL IF YOU HAVE TEH GREENCARD AND LIVE IN CANADA!
Sorry i totally had to say that... I know a grower who sells to dispensaries, He tells me that it's "very steady, Great income when done leagally" "and you get the added bonus of smoking whatever you cant sell"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:01:20 AM

Lots of wannabe grower that don't know what they are talking about.
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:41:27 AM

Lots of wannabe grower that don't know what they are talking about.

Got any wisdom to add?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:37:43 AM

Plants use photosynthesis to synthesise carbon from the air into plant tissue. Limiting factors are light, water, nutrient, temperature, ambient humidity and CO2 content in the air. Not the numbers of plants.

Like I said earlier, average yield should be 0.5g-1.5g per 1KW of light. If you prefer imperial measure this is 1.10 to 3.3 pounds per 1KW. If you use more plants it means you can flower them earlier/smaller so more crop per years. If you use only one plant you get less crop per years.

This is a video of a 3.3 pounds indoor plant : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0W6XWOEvw
Old articles but still relevant : http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3268.html
                                            http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3368.html
Welcome to Canada.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:16:10 PM

Ya, growing weed is way more profitable if done properly lol.

Illegal? Yes, but indeed wayyyy more profitable.

Illegal in some states. Illegal by the goons of the federal government, but not illegal by state laws in some states, like cali, washington, colorodo, and what? like 16 other states? Yes, 19 states u can grow legally by state law.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: