Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC miners  (Read 922 times)
PeRo (OP)

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:34:02 PM

I am interested in buying an ASIC miner but I do not know what is a good price to buy one that is used and what is the price of a new one. I also want to know where can I buy one online with shipping worldwide. I am considering buying with fiat, not Bitcoin, PayPal or stuff like that.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 11:17:27 AM

I am interested in buying an ASIC miner but I do not know what is a good price to buy one that is used and what is the price of a new one. I also want to know where can I buy one online with shipping worldwide. I am considering buying with fiat, not Bitcoin, PayPal or stuff like that.

https://shop.bitmain.com/product.htm

if you're in EU, then from my (SEPA transfer or BTC )

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=858962.0
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:29:57 PM

eBay is a great option if you are looking for some inexpensive mining equipment and if you have very cheap electricity. Otherwise, Bitmain would be your best bet. I assume you have already got electricity sorted out otherwise you may not always profit.
PeRo (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:34:59 PM

eBay is a great option if you are looking for some inexpensive mining equipment and if you have very cheap electricity. Otherwise, Bitmain would be your best bet. I assume you have already got electricity sorted out otherwise you may not always profit.
Thank you, I will take a look on eBay, I do not know how I didn't think about it myself. I am not paying electricity but I will probably have to pay like 50% because it will be kind of obvious that I am using a big part of it when the bills go up.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

...#EndTheFUD...
grim007

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:43:55 PM

I suggest bitmain on buying a asic miner. Ebay has slow delivery process but both them are trusted supplier of miner. It's up to your preference. I think the latest miner is more profitable than old model even its price is much higher on the old model. You can easily ROI on latest miner because it is fast. But always pay attention to the electricity consumption. Goodluck
PeRo (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

I suggest bitmain on buying a asic miner. Ebay has slow delivery process but both them are trusted supplier of miner. It's up to your preference. I think the latest miner is more profitable than old model even its price is much higher on the old model. You can easily ROI on latest miner because it is fast. But always pay attention to the electricity consumption. Goodluck
Thank you, but I am in the EU, so I can not buy from BitMain, I will try to buy one from Ebay or somewhere else, or I will try gather some Bitcoins to buy from a trusted member here, on the forums.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
███
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

...#EndTheFUD...
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:07:12 PM

With the release of the new S9 miners, you should be able to get a used S7 in good condition for a good price from someone on the forum.
There are members you can definitely trust here.
I would be worried about buying used mining equipment from eBay unless the seller had a good reputation of selling Bitcoin mining related equipment and had some kind of warranty.
Some used gear might appear to be working but under-perform due to some damage to the boards etc.
Be sure you are getting the hash rate that device is supposed to provide.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:12:21 AM

Thank you, I will take a look on eBay, I do not know how I didn't think about it myself. I am not paying electricity but I will probably have to pay like 50% because it will be kind of obvious that I am using a big part of it when the bills go up.

Make sure to find out what price that electricity is before you buy a miner.  If your going to pay half of it some older miners will lose money, or stand no chance at ROI.   I personally pay 100 percent of my electricity for miners, and becuse of price I need to use a S9 or I stand no chance at ROI.   So it can make or break you.

But ebay is a great place I have sold most of my previous gen miners there.  I have done a few on the board but ebay brings more a lot of the time as a seller, as there is risk of bad buyer's.   So go into ebay knowing lot's of selection for using paypal to buy but you will pay higher then direct from Bitmain or from forum BST thread.   But again with paypal as buyer you get paypal protection .... so it's pretty powerful protection in most cases. Also keep in mind heat/sound when you buy a miner.  These are something I don't see mentioned that can be a big issue depending on where your mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: