Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-25: Zero Hedge BitCoin Mania Accelerates  (Read 1392 times)
MaxCoins (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:19:59 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-25/bitcoin-mania-accelerates
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

I know the idea doesn't have a lot of supporters here, but ZH has been banging that drum pretty hard:  that the price rise is tied to the Cyprus issue more than anything else.

And true or not, they're making a decent case.  It could have more effect on serious money coming into bitcoin than Cyprus actually does, at this point.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 05:42:20 PM

Yeah.... correlation =/= causation and all that. Cyprus is only but one factor, though a very public and recognized factor that has many network effects. Main Street does not yet understand that bitcoins are really that safe haven for wealth, so I don't really think the "new hope" thing was a cause of that selloff, but rather just multiple people thinking it has gone up way too high and selling off to hope they can catch a lower buying point. Cyprus should prove to become a bigger factor as time progresses I'd imagine.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

MillionDollarBonus on top of his game :

If a meteor hits the earth and destroys all computers running the bitcoin client at the same time, then your bitcoins are gone. No thanks.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:26:59 PM

What a fail  Cheesy

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

If a meteor hits the earth and destroys all computers running the bitcoin client at the same time, then your bitcoins are gone. No thanks.

First world problems  Grin
Rincewind

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:00:27 PM

The Tylers have no idea what makes the Bitcoin market move.

http://fullmetalslacker.org/charts.png
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

I don't know what's better, his posts, or the following comments from people that haven't figured it out yet.  I'd like to believe most anti-BTC posters are doing the same thing - they can't be that short-sighted.  Some of my favorites are the EMP excuse - if all the computers are taken out with an EMP, you've got more to worry about than your PM holdings.  The CIA controls it. It's a Ponzi. Bankers won't tolerate competition.  Buttcoin.  It's taking all self-control to start a ZH account. 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:43:23 PM

You, sir, are a TA wizard and I look forward to more of your analysis in the future.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:01:14 PM

More like T&A wizard.  Roll Eyes
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

You, sir, are a TA wizard and I look forward to more of your analysis in the future.

Most accurate I've seen so far. +1 for more

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: