Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin: 3 outcomes  (Read 4005 times)
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:07:09 PM

I see 3 possible outcomes for Litecoin: (which one do you think it will be)

1. Litecoin continues as the silver to Bitcoin's gold analogy forever and maintains 60-70 to 1 ratio with BTC (or better at times similar to precious metals).
2. Bitcoin has an issue such as scaling and it brings down or sideways the entire crypto market including Litecoin.
3. People realize that Litecoin is a better Bitcoin and it has to be rebranded as the platinum to Bitcoin's gold.

Also, If you've seen the interview with Charlie he says that he absolutely loved every aspect about Bitcoin, but felt there could be some improvements (since he had 2 years of Bitcoin data to make that assessment). The way he went about launching LTC was a much more fair process as well while BTC was not technically a premine it might as well be.

The other odd thing is that back between 2011-2013 I remember people saying Bitcoin would rule the world. Now if you listen carefully often times people say Bitcoin will rule the world or something like it... wtf? Something like it? Nobody ever said that in the past and now it's common. So are they referring to something like Ethereum or Litecoin? I'm not sure, but I find that odd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:11:19 PM

I see 3 possible outcomes for Litecoin: (which one do you think it will be)

1. Litecoin continues as the silver to Bitcoin's gold analogy forever and maintains 60-70 to 1 ratio with BTC (or better at times similar to precious metals).
2. Bitcoin has an issue such as scaling and it brings down or sideways the entire crypto market including Litecoin.
3. People realize that Litecoin is a better Bitcoin and it has to be rebranded as the platinum to Bitcoin's gold.

Also, If you've seen the interview with Charlie he says that he absolutely loved every aspect about Bitcoin, but felt there could be some improvements (since he had 2 years of Bitcoin data to make that assessment). The way he went about launching LTC was a much more fair process as well while BTC was not technically a premine it might as well be.

The other odd thing is that back between 2011-2013 I remember people saying Bitcoin would rule the world. Now if you listen carefully often times people say Bitcoin will rule the world or something like it... wtf? Something like it? Nobody ever said that in the past and now it's common. So are they referring to something like Ethereum or Litecoin? I'm not sure, but I find that odd.

What a shit topic, I don't even now how to troll? you should write it again putting the opposite for 90% of the content Cool
dballing (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:19:38 PM

Damn, you need to step your troll game up or drink more coffee son... I'd make a better Litecoin troll than you! Hahaha
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:24:53 PM

It's easy to say how fast Litecoin is when nobody uses it. All those altcoins acting as if they can do better than Bitcoin when they have no use at all and dont have to deal with the problems of having big volume.

Bitcoin is gold and Bitcoin is king, no coin is going to replace it.
dballing (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:55:58 PM

It's easy to say how fast Litecoin is when nobody uses it. All those altcoins acting as if they can do better than Bitcoin when they have no use at all and dont have to deal with the problems of having big volume.

Bitcoin is gold and Bitcoin is king, no coin is going to replace it.

Even if LTC had the exact transaction volume as BTC it would still be 4x faster (has a 28 tps and BTC has 7 tps current limit). While I also believe no coin will ever replace Bitcoin it's foolish to think it could never happen... the things I've seen in crypto continually blows my mind. The only two aspects that bother me about Bitcoin is the current transaction per second rate and the founder mining for a year with zero competition. Actually, mining centralization for both BTC and LTC has me worried as well.

Regardless, we REALLY need a solution for Bitcoin whether it be the lightning network, segwit or blockstream. Unlike a lot of people here I send/receive BTC everyday and it's a pain in my ass (on some days). Now imagine the derivatives market melting down or some other black swan event in the financial markets... people flocking to BTC for safety would bottleneck the system within hours.

Lastly, these are just potential future outcomes that I THINK could occur which was why I was wanting people's opinions.

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:06:58 AM

Betting $500 that ltc will still be trading under $5 in October.

Ltc is useless and will never ba added to gdax or coinbase. Never. And if, for some reason it does end up there, the price will dump even harder

Lòoool
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:45:24 AM

Dballing also has a point here. I agree that BTC is king and will always be king if the situation stayed the same as today, but having LTC as a back up plan in case something goes heavily wrong with BTC might not be a bad idea.

How is the mining situation with LTC? Is the hash power distribution ok or is it becoming like what we have in BTC?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dballing (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:07:03 AM

Ltc is useless and will never ba added to gdax or coinbase. Never. And if, for some reason it does end up there, the price will dump even harder

Lòoool

Your username is ironic... are you upside down in a trade or trying to acquire more cheap LTC? ROFL
Also, it was recently announced that LTC would be added to GDAX along with other digital assets. Both Fred and Charlie confirmed this, but didn't set an exact date.

I don't agree that the price will dump, but I also don't think it will sky rocket. It going up a little or sideways is more likely.

dballing (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:17:29 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 01:36:30 AM by dballing

Dballing also has a point here. I agree that BTC is king and will always be king if the situation stayed the same as today, but having LTC as a back up plan in case something goes heavily wrong with BTC might not be a bad idea.

How is the mining situation with LTC? Is the hash power distribution ok or is it becoming like what we have in BTC?

The centralization of the mining is about the same. What do you expect though? (I'm referring to China) They have all the money, cheap power, manufacturing base and I believe their society (the masses) would take a liking to crypto more so than western society.  

I was hoping that BTC and LTC would remain GPU-mined for decades (for decentralization reasons), but no coin can remain ASIC resistant forever. UNLESS you tell everyone according to coin policy that if an ASIC is ever produced for that coin it will fork immediately. That has it's issues too though, but the threat might deter most people from developing an ASIC due to costs.

I've been trying to game theory these ideas, but I keep finding issues and ultimately it leads to centralization. The rich will always find ways to control all the coins or mining power.

SweFinnish

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:32:12 AM

Lòoool

Yeah, ltc's hash rate is mainly controlled by Chinesd big miners. They can easily dump ltc into okcoin and huobi, some of them steals the electricity, therefore ltc can be very very cheap.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:36:08 AM

its a smart move during these wild west days for ltc to be in btc's shadow, certainly though ltc is better then btc (though many are in the longest river in egypt on that one).
dballing (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:26:45 AM

Lòoool

Yeah, ltc's hash rate is mainly controlled by Chinesd big miners. They can easily dump ltc into okcoin and huobi, some of them steals the electricity, therefore ltc can be very very cheap.

Are you sure you don't mean Bitcoin? ROFL!

Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

I guess Litcoin continues as the silver's to Bitcoin gold , I also can't imagine the crypto world without Litcoin , I use it to transfer my Balances between many exchanges withoit large fees , that is its role now , and when Bitcoin price reach $ 1000 , it will surpass $5 or $6 ,
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 11:43:07 AM

It's stupid to rule LTC out. It has potential and it is still recovering from the 2015 chinese pump and dump were like 8 million coins were dumped.

EDIT: I think it has to be rebranded though!

Ltc is useless and will never ba added to gdax or coinbase. Never.

GDAX is Coinbase.

Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:56:24 AM

Litecoin is a relic of the past when there were basically no alts around.
It offers very few advantages over Bitcoin, but lacks the blockchain strength and first mover advantage that Bitcoin enjoys.

If Bitcoin fails, there is very little chance that Litecoin will succeed, either crypto would be done, or some newer crypto tech coin would be number 1.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:00:32 PM

EDIT: I think it has to be rebranded though!

a true p2p decentralised currency should be indifferent to branding.

any individual and/or group can call it brand it anything they like.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 12:03:04 PM

litecoin is a strong coin after bitcoin and will continue being strong for the foreseeable future. the coin could keep its volume up for a very long time and it is practically considered old, you can even say it is as old as bitcoin considering all other altcoins die so young.
but i don't think scenarios like 2 or 3 will ever happen in the crypto world.

----
Your username is ironic... are you upside down in a trade or trying to acquire more cheap LTC? ROFL
Also, it was recently announced that LTC would be added to GDAX along with other digital assets. Both Fred and Charlie confirmed this, but didn't set an exact date.

I don't agree that the price will dump, but I also don't think it will sky rocket. It going up a little or sideways is more likely.

don't even read the trolls posts.
the funny thing about these desperate traders is that they think people forget about things they say from time to time.
he says litecoin is dying and goes to sub $2 and he can't even make up his own mind and in less than 10 days he claims litecoin is going to $25
all these are desperate acts to create some FUD and possible panic Cheesy

--looking for signature--
Mozdalifa17

Activity: 746
Merit: 509

TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:09:16 PM

i thought the story of LTC replaced with ETH&ETC , what is new here ?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:53:58 PM

i vote for this.
litecoin will be as it has always been the silver to bitcoin's gold and i don't see this changing unless a new coin is invented in the future than can become big and also "stay big" as long as litecoin did.

i thought the story of LTC replaced with ETH&ETC , what is new here ?

Litecoin will never be replaced by anything else.
the story of ETH & ETC or in other words the big noise that ethereum has created is only a big hype in the market that has caused a lot of spam and as long as the pump and dump of etherum continues this noise continues too.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:30:26 PM

the first option would be the best in my opinion, we definitely need some other cryptocurrencies that are strong and that can be with bitcoins just be less worth

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆