Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: David vs Goliath  (Read 351 times)
Cenobite (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:19:32 PM

Hi there I am new into cryptoland, actually got interested by accident I think. I knew of bitcoins for a time of course, yet I didn't know there were a few 100 more currencies until I came across an indexed site with statistics some time ago and then a few days ago I decided to buy some Ethereum for about 150 USD and put it into an online wallet. Although I thought it was a good buy I then did a lot of my own research, spending hours a day reading and investigating the options. Then I started trading the Ethereum into Bitcoins on the exchange, and from there I spread the 150 USD into something like 20 other cheap cryptocurrencies I think have got some potential. For me it's too much money to put it all in 1 horse.

I really think cryptocurrencies are the future at least besides to monetary money or it will replace it completely. And I am investing in them of course with the dream that my investment will pay of in the future 1-10 years with the hopes to becoming a millionaire or at least financially independent. I am currently only investing money I am willing to lose and that will be around 100 USD a month, which for me that is a lot of money. I hope to get better and more financially stable every day, though the progress is very slow for now.

Although I am quite positive I sometimes look at the amount that is being bought and sold in the currencies I have invested I do get the feeling I am fighting a war I can't win against whales or big investors, as in the fight of David vs Goliath. For sure I am not the only small investor hoping to make it big. Now my question is how do you guys cope with that?
Vinz24

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:06:52 AM

I have also investing and high hopes on cryptocurrencies. I'm also david in terms of investing in bitcoin about a 50$ a month, but I'm holding it for a long term investment.

Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

I think 10 years from now there will be only 3-4 mainstream crypto coins. Everything else will disappear. Spreading is a good idea, but you may lose all your investments anyway.

Radix - just imagine
Daisy14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:10:35 PM

While it may be true that there might be only 3-4 mainstream coins. You can totally wipe out competition, there will still be some small coins struggling to make it in the tough world of Goliath coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: