Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinFunder.com - Bitcoin Crowdfunding for Bitcoin  (Read 4158 times)
coinfunder (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 12:31:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the video!  I agree - I also think it could probably present the ideas in a clearer fashion.

On the currency conversion subject, I guess there are 2 directions to look at this.
1) The Funding Goal could be specified in a currency other than BTC, in which case, the value in BTC would fall and rise.  This would probably be necessary where the user was planning on converting the funds from BTC to their home currency to execute on the project.  I am guessing that this would be the vast majority of projects funded in the Bitcoin Community.

2) In the case of a Pledge, I think this is where the currency conversion is needed the most.  If someone pledged X amount of Bitcoin, and they did not set that Bitcoin amount aside designated to this purpose, it could be a real issue.  To combat this, the user could always Cancel their pledge, and then re-pledge a different BTC amount.  Project owners could also add new rewards (of a lesser value) to combat this issue as well.

How much of a priority do you guys think it is, considering that a Pledge can be canceled (prior to the project reaching it's funding goal)
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:04:22 PM

Is bitcoincharts.com the best API to pull the currency values from?  I am guessing it would be best to use the 24 hour weighted average?
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 05:25:36 PM

We have added a new featured project:
http://www.coinfunder.com/project/the-bitcoin-revolution

This is one of the first projects to use the Pledge model.
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:26:49 PM

Update:
We have totally re-designed the UI on the search pages!  Check it out:
www.coinfunder.com/browse
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:24:24 AM

The CoinFunder Team is proud to announce the launch of the 2nd iteration of CoinFunder.com.

What makes CoinFunder different from other CrowdFunding platforms?
1) CoinFunder allows you to post projects / fund projects based on your currency (BTC amount floats as exchange rates change / we support 19 currencies)
-This feature is especially important given the volatility of the BTC market if you are trying to fund projects in a local currency
-Of course, you can choose project owners and funders can choose to pledge in BTC, in which case the amount does not fluctuate
2) Flexibility - CoinFunder allows you to pick between 2 Campaign Types:
-Escrow - A funder is not counted toward your project's goal until the pledge is paid.  Any funds that are pledged are held in escrow until the project reaches it's funding goal.
-Pledge - A funder is counted toward your project's goal immediately once they pledge.  Funds are not requested until the project reaches it's funding goal - they go directly to the Project Owner.

View our Youtube video here for more information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD5Ghec_CA0

CoinFunder.com allows 2 types of crowdfunding initiatives:
-Projects - A user can post a project and solicit Bitcoins from the community for their idea.  If the idea is fully funded, bitcoins are transfered to the project owner
-Bounties - A user can post a request for a bounty, and fund it.  Other people within the community can contribute to the bounty.  Once a bounty is funded, other people within the community can post solutions for that bounty.  If a solution is approved by the project owner, they can choose to award the solution contributor the bounty.

Our Fees:
CoinFunder has always charged a 5% fee on all initiatives.  In some cases - we may waive our fee all together (i.e. Bitcoin PR Campaigns)

In order to start a project, post a bounty, fund an initiative, or post a solution you must be a member of CoinFunder.com.

We launched our initial version on 3/25.  We have been hard at work adding the features requested by the community.
DarkPunk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:25:39 AM

OMG SO MUCH BOOTSTRAP!

Okay, now that that is out of my system, can I make a few suggestions?

• Replace the ">" in your sign up buttons with "<i class="icon-arrow-right"></i>" or basically any glyphicon.
  • Reduce the amount of words in your button classes, they aren't text fields.  Add some text inline, or a table, or something; just not in the button.
  • While a full row on your landing page for a project is nice, you should probably reformat your browse page. We don't want to scroll for years to look through the projects.
  • There should be more of a difference on the posting pages (images, descriptions, anything to differentiate what page I'm on)
  • Work on your form layouts, there is a whole 12 columns you can use with bootstraps framework, put them to use.
  • More padding.  The text bumping up against the div boundary on the dashboard, and the loading bar not even a pixel away from the project image, looks very amateur.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it's just a bit on constructive criticism.
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

DarkPunk - no offense taken at all!  Thank you for the constructive feedback, we will go through and try and clean this stuff up a bit!
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:13:08 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 11:29:43 PM by DarkPunk

Add

Code:
.icon-white {
background-image: url("../img/glyphicons-halflings-white.png");
}

to your css to make the chevron on your landing page white.
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:59:19 PM

Thanks for the help DarkPunk!

We have made a few adjustments based on your suggestions, and we will continue to make a few more adjustments over the next few days.  Most importantly, we have adjusted the browse section.
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:31:31 PM

Thanks for the help DarkPunk!

We have made a few adjustments based on your suggestions, and we will continue to make a few more adjustments over the next few days.  Most importantly, we have adjusted the browse section.

No problem mate.  I'll check back on your site in a few days, and see if I have any other tips for you.
coinfunder (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 09:56:49 PM

Hey Guys,

We have improved our rich text editor so that including images in the post is much easier.

Get started today:
CoinFunder.com

Also, we have made some advancements in our Search Engine Rankings.  We are getting a steady stream of new users / visitors!
geoburke

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:49:28 PM

This is a great idea.  I wish you guys the best of luck.
luckyknc

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:22:37 AM

Is this service still on? I see new projects but i dont seem to get any answer from the developers

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: