Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ETH on nVidia finally work...(win10+GTX 1070)  (Read 31920 times)
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:30:31 AM

Undecided
How did you install the drivers 369 nvidia? It says to me that could not be found compatible hardware

I downloaded it from here
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?p=914554&mode=threaded

As for windows 10. Get the anniversary update. The update center in windows 10 told me I was fully updated when searching for updates but I was not actually on anniversary. You have to google that one and did through microsoft a bit and get that update in.

As for Win7 or 8 I do not know.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:58:49 AM

how much eth do you got in a day? how much the hashrate? i really curious about your mining cards.

29.3 MH/s with power limit on 50, which would amount to 90 watts from the wall after factoring an 80+ efficiency PSU

I'm gradually raising the memory clocks up to find the highest stable hash rate I can make with the power limit on 50. Right now 29.3 is the mean hash rate

did you tried with a power limit under 50%? it become too unstable?

Memory gets odd when nearing 800. I got a severely laggy and frozen screen a few times pushing 800 with the power limit on normal when I first started mining ETH. It seems like 560-600 is where you can achieve a clean stable 29 hash rate but yet going to 800 hardly raises the rate and the hash rate is instable since the core clock is fluctuating too much. I forgot what the memory was on at the time but I found that setting the core clock offset from -200 to -175 managed to stabilize the core clock. I've observed a trend with core clock fluctuations and hash rates. Stablizing the core clock can sometimes make a hash rate bouncing around fix right to the higher value.

As for problems at 800 memory, maybe it was only because the power limit was normal allowing the core clock to get too high with the memory. I'm just upping the memory slowly through the days and setting it back a bit over night to make sure it keeps mining the long hauls.

so you have not tried with 45% power limit? and yes mem after 600 and up to 1000 just make nice artifact and that's it, i would avoid overclocking too much to not damage the gpu in the long run
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 11:08:52 AM

how much eth do you got in a day? how much the hashrate? i really curious about your mining cards.

29.3 MH/s with power limit on 50, which would amount to 90 watts from the wall after factoring an 80+ efficiency PSU

I'm gradually raising the memory clocks up to find the highest stable hash rate I can make with the power limit on 50. Right now 29.3 is the mean hash rate

Memory gets odd when nearing 800. I got a severely laggy and frozen screen a few times pushing 800 with the power limit on normal when I first started mining ETH. It seems like 560-600 is where you can achieve a clean stable 29 hash rate but yet going to 800 hardly raises the rate and the hash rate is instable since the core clock is fluctuating too much. I forgot what the memory was on at the time but I found that setting the core clock offset from -200 to -175 managed to stabilize the core clock. I've observed a trend with core clock fluctuations and hash rates. Stablizing the core clock can sometimes make a hash rate bouncing around fix right to the higher value.

As for problems at 800 memory, maybe it was only because the power limit was normal allowing the core clock to get too high with the memory. I'm just upping the memory slowly through the days and setting it back a bit over night to make sure it keeps mining the long hauls.

so you have not tried with 45% power limit? and yes mem after 600 and up to 1000 just make nice artifact and that's it, i would avoid overclocking too much to not damage the gpu in the long run

What temps and power limit are good for Nvidia long term mining? Also, my core clock goes to base after 6-8 hours, should I somehow set it to be always in boost?
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 11:37:54 AM

What temps and power limit are good for Nvidia long term mining? Also, my core clock goes to base after 6-8 hours, should I somehow set it to be always in boost?

According to me, the best to make it last long is to stay at core clocks. Not changing anything will be the best for longevity.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 11:49:39 AM

i like to remain around 65°, the lower the better of course, just don't go to 70-80 territory, for the oc, usually the overclock on core just result in a crash, so there is no reason to worry there, but the mem are more fragile, better to no oc them too much
PovertyByte

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

Memory gets odd when nearing 800. I got a severely laggy and frozen screen a few times pushing 800 with the power limit on normal when I first started mining ETH. It seems like 560-600 is where you can achieve a clean stable 29 hash rate but yet going to 800 hardly raises the rate and the hash rate is instable since the core clock is fluctuating too much. I forgot what the memory was on at the time but I found that setting the core clock offset from -200 to -175 managed to stabilize the core clock. I've observed a trend with core clock fluctuations and hash rates. Stabilizing the core clock can sometimes make a hash rate bouncing around fix right to the higher value.

It does not let me go below 50% power.

I got my temps down below 60 celcius since moving my drives to the lower cage and removing the middle cage for more direct air flow. I think I did it right with temp in my main desktop by not doing some RX 470/480 crossfire setup. I'd surely need to do powered risers and set the cards up outside my desktop.

According to me, the best to make it last long is to stay at core clocks. Not changing anything will be the best for longevity.

I know that for gaming and benchmark applications, I can not achieve as high of a memory clock if I set the core to low. Maybe this whole negative core clock and positive memory clock isn't good.

It seems counter intuitive to raise the core clock when I have the power limit low as possible because the power limit is just bottle necking the core anyway. Shouldn't lowering the core offset just reduce the push and pull of the card wanting to up the speed under load while being forced to undervolt due to power?

In the case of a factory OC, do you think lowering the core offset to match a regular card might be better for longevity? I thought the best way to get longevity was undervolting and cooler temps.
Redrose

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:42:08 PM

I know that for gaming and benchmark applications, I can not achieve as high of a memory clock if I set the core to low. Maybe this whole negative core clock and positive memory clock isn't good.

It seems counter intuitive to raise the core clock when I have the power limit low as possible because the power limit is just bottle necking the core anyway. Shouldn't lowering the core offset just reduce the push and pull of the card wanting to up the speed under load while being forced to undervolt due to power?

In the case of a factory OC, do you think lowering the core offset to match a regular card might be better for longevity? I thought the best way to get longevity was undervolting and cooler temps.

You know, I've let my R9 380s (with two of them being 380X even if I ordered regular 380s) at stock clock. All my cards are below 65°C and more around 60°C (it's varying between 58°C and 62°C depending of the activity and the time of the day). So you know, gaining degrees isn't my speciality. Given the temperatures I have and the little stress I put on the fans, they should last very long.
Mzie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:54:26 PM

Thats a good hashrate for the card
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:15:20 PM

Well. Depends how long you plan to mine for. With that said, you will have a much easier time selling a GTX 1060 in a few years than you would a GTX 970.

Straw man argument - Ethereum mining isn't going to last a few years.

Also, the price of the 970 has ALREADY dropped quite a bit, and will probably be fairly stable for a while now, it won't be hard to sell as it's STILL a quite powerfull card.

Mostly, it comes down to the 970 being LOWER COST than the 1060 vs more power usage as to which you want to get.

The real argument though if you insist on efficient cards is the RX 470/480 vs the GTX 1060.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
gorgamin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:30:41 PM

What average are you reporting on your pool on a GTX1070, and what did you pay for your GTX1070?
PovertyByte

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 01:38:20 AM

Well. Depends how long you plan to mine for. With that said, you will have a much easier time selling a GTX 1060 in a few years than you would a GTX 970.

Straw man argument - Ethereum mining isn't going to last a few years.

Also, the price of the 970 has ALREADY dropped quite a bit, and will probably be fairly stable for a while now, it won't be hard to sell as it's STILL a quite powerfull card.

Mostly, it comes down to the 970 being LOWER COST than the 1060 vs more power usage as to which you want to get.

The real argument though if you insist on efficient cards is the RX 470/480 vs the GTX 1060.

I only used a straw man because it is what I asked myself reading the post before saying anything else. If you want to discredit me because I used a straw man you could have at least kept that entire paragraph intact because my quote now looks as if I used a strawman lazily because I had no input.

I gave my reasoning to why the GTX 1060 will be easier to resell. I just think that the duration you plan to mine for is a factor to consider as well as electricity rates where you live or mine. I just think going up a series is better in most circumstances right now. The resale factor will become more obvious after a few years.

For RX470/480 vs GTX 1060 I am leaning to the RX series. The GTX 1060 does not scale with the GTX 1070 relative to performance for the dollar and this is more apparent on other coins besides ether.  The main point of going for a GTX 1060 vs an RX card is because it does better on other scripts after Ether mining is over. To me it is RX470/480 vs GTX 1070 for now. Maybe I shouldn't have even bothered arguing for the GTX 1060 over the 970 in the first place.

What average are you reporting on your pool on a GTX1070, and what did you pay for your GTX1070?

I basically got an EVGA FTW edition (10+2 power phase)  for 400 dollars after discounts and cash back. My pool average 24 hour hash rate bounces from 27-33. Most often hanging at 29-30. My miner reports a near flawless stream of 29.3 - 29.4
Redrose

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:55:37 AM

I ordered mine yesterday for 400£ (yeah, I know, very expensive). I should receive it on Wednesday, so I can't tell you what hashrate I can juice out of it.
PovertyByte

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:17:51 AM

I can't slide it lower than 50, it's low as the slider gos. I forgot to cover that before.  Not sure if you mean -45 offset or actually at 45?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:31:17 AM

I can't slide it lower than 50, it's low as the slider gos. I forgot to cover that before.  Not sure if you mean -45 offset or actually at 45?

no 45% power limit, i remember that with maxwell was possible to go below 50%, maybe in the beta version of afterburner
U253

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:54:48 PM

Hi all,

Windows 10 1607 + driver 369.09 on my 1070:

I have not play with all command but it work fine.

My setup on Genoil :
ethminer -F http://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:80/0x33459A3104b1adFeE38C2a4b0446d1e3a72C88Fb/rig1/ -U --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128 --farm-recheck 200 --cuda-streams 4

See you

1st I have to thank ParkExcite for sharing it. The same here win10+EVGA1070, but I tried quite a few different pools and finally got just this one working (could not explain why). My hash is slightly higher, the miner is running for 30~31M stably at 2050 core, 4498 (X2?)memory. I could push it to 32~33M at 2098 core, 4551 memory, but the miner will freeze for some reason in a few hours.

Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 03:07:04 PM

with such hashrate, a 1070 on eth it's wasted even consuming 80W (90W=350+ days ROI, without considering price and difficulty). With the same hashrate at 50% PL it's pretty clear that it's a memory bound algo, so it could be in theory possible to optimize the shader processors power with other types of hashing functions. If this isn't possible, without loosing MH/s with dagger hashimoto, it's also pretty clear that this is an architecture limitation. The only hope could be a 1080, given the different kind of memory and latencies (techically speaking, could someone confirm that they are higher?).

Mining ETH with a 1070 it's simply underwhelming. Enough said.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 03:41:54 PM

it's 400k satoshi per day with a single 1070, 0.12 per month so roi is around 7 months, 210 days, not certainly 350 days
Redrose

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:30:55 PM

it's 400k satoshi per day with a single 1070, 0.12 per month so roi is around 7 months, 210 days, not certainly 350 days

What has also to be considered is that when you have several graphic cards, the old one that already ROI'd are paying the new one. That's how I came that I ROI a 1070 in less than three months.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:36:20 PM

Maybe it will be a lot more in upcoming dualmining, since Nvidia is pretty good on Sia and Decred. I only hope that it will not put too much load on gpu. I',m getting some weird coil whine in the end of a mining day.
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:46:43 PM

https://dwarfpool.com/eth
+
http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

these, real calculators tell a whole different story. If you add that with merged mining the power consumption it's almost equal to the TDP rate, there goes the efficiency, and with it the 1070 better ratios against a RX480.

1070 = 29MH/s right? Then..

1070 only eth = 1.89 usd/day gross with 80/90W
1070 merged, not more than 2.2, gross with 110/150W

2.2/565? 0.00389
with .24 eur/kwh = 1.24 net

1.24/565= 0.00219

480 eur/1070 = 528$

528/1.24= 425 days..

What are your calculations?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: