Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need YOUR opinions on a project.  (Read 775 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:20:06 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 04:49:17 PM by mexicantarget

Hello,

today I'm going to purchase www.CryptoHydrant.com from the original owner.

So, what I need is your opinion, on how you'd like to see a faucet/rotator site operate.
What payouts would you like to see on a 15 minute basis/hourly basis? (Both, on site faucet and 3rd party faucets)

What annoys you in faucet rotator sites?
What would you like to see in a faucet rotator?
Which faucets do you use in general? (Name faucets and micro-wallets they use. eg: "XAPO", "FaucetBox", etc")
Looking forward to everyone's opinion.

Thanks for your time guys.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:33:51 PM

Hello,

So, what I need is your opinion, on how you'd like to see a faucet/rotator site operate.
What payouts would you like to see on a 15 minute basis/hourly basis?

Which faucets do you use in general? (Name faucets and micro-wallets they use. eg: "XAPO", "FaucetBox", etc")

Dry faucets, low paying faucet, faucets with safety limits, broken links, popups and redirecting faucets to other sites are pretty annoying in rotators, so good luck with everyday checking on rotator  Grin
I think faucets with direct payout to faucetbox are best, because you claim and get payed instant, you don't need to wait and think when are you going to reach withdraw threshold and are you going to be payed or not.
Best faucets are with 500-1000 claim reward once or 2X per day and faucets with big last reward, something like leakybitcoins, where you can hit 100000 satoshi.
That is only my opinion  Wink
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:36:34 PM

Hello,

Dry faucets, low paying faucet, faucets with safety limits, broken links, popups and redirecting faucets to other sites are pretty annoying in rotators, so good luck with everyday checking on rotator  Grin
I think faucets with direct payout to faucetbox are best, because you claim and get payed instant, you don't need to wait and think when are you going to reach withdraw threshold and are you going to be payed or not.
Best faucets are with 500-1000 claim reward once or 2X per day and faucets with big last reward, something like leakybitcoins, where you can hit 100000 satoshi.
That is only my opinion  Wink
That's not bad at all.
So, a good criteria would be a minimum 500 satoshi per claim.

I think I could create a perfect rotator where users could report bad/broken links, "illegal" faucets, etc.

Thanks for your comment Smiley
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:39:24 PM

Hello,

Dry faucets, low paying faucet, faucets with safety limits, broken links, popups and redirecting faucets to other sites are pretty annoying in rotators, so good luck with everyday checking on rotator  Grin
That is only my opinion  Wink
That's not bad at all.

I think I could create a perfect rotator where users could report bad/broken links, "illegal" faucets, etc.

500 per claim is high for 15 minutes.. i think 100 sat is enough per claim for faucet but if its up to you if you are making a profit if you put 500 sat per claim in 15 minutes.. Better to study your traffic first also check monitor the revenue of your site. if you are making a profit in 500 value dont change it.. because it can decrease your visitors daily.. also 500 sat in 15 minutes can be attract more people to go back to your site..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 04:45:10 PM

For a 15 min. faucet a fixed reward of 450 per claim would do the trick for me.
Hate those lottery type faucets with 100-100K rewards every hour etc.
Faucetbox payouts is always a good idea. Gives certainty of payouts. Better trust overall.

You could introduce some new/innovative referral system, where quantity of refs isnt of the importance.

NO popups or any other aggressive advertisement. Maybe a daily bonus or sign-up bonus?
Something to make people register. How about simple registration process, for me very important, as easy as possible without email verification.

Good luck with your project.

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:45:52 PM

Hello,

Dry faucets, low paying faucet, faucets with safety limits, broken links, popups and redirecting faucets to other sites are pretty annoying in rotators, so good luck with everyday checking on rotator  Grin
That is only my opinion  Wink
That's not bad at all.

500 per claim is high for 15 minutes.. i think 100 sat is enough per claim for faucet but if its up to you if you are making a profit if you put 500 sat per claim in 15 minutes.. Better to study your traffic first also check monitor the revenue of your site. if you are making a profit in 500 value dont change it.. because it can decrease your visitors daily.. also 500 sat in 15 minutes can be attract more people to go back to your site..
Apologies for the confusion.

I meant I'd add faucets which have claims of 500+ satoshi, timer wouldn't matter if it's 15 or 150 minutes Smiley

I'm already running 2 well known websites (www.faucetgame.com & www.gamefaucet.com) and the payouts are way lower than 500 satoshi, heh.

All my websites pay per 15 minutes, around 1k satoshi per hour, which seems to works pretty well for the model of my game websites.

For a 15 min. faucet a fixed reward of 450 per claim would do the trick for me.
Hate those lottery type faucets with 100-100K rewards every hour etc.
Faucetbox payouts is always a good idea. Gives certainty of payouts. Better trust overall.

You could introduce some new/innovative referral system, where quantity of refs isnt of the importance.

NO popups or any other aggressive advertisement. Maybe a daily bonus or sign-up bonus?
Something to make people register. How about simple registration process, for me very important, as easy as possible without email verification.

Good luck with your project.
I agree 100% with your. Daily bonuses are very good, I have those on my other projects.

Regarding refs. I think it's good to reward referrals who help you push your site, but that's just my opinion ;p

I'll see what I can do regarding refs on a rotator site and the registering process.

Thanks!
Lexiatel

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:04:41 PM

Congrats on your purchase!

I don't use them. This is why: The good ones have a crappy ranking system, putting new, unproven ones at the top. I like it listed by payment or time limit.

The other sites are never kept up to date, or are misleading (as they want you to sign up without giving it much thiught for your referral).

Lag. Some of them want to make it where they are all pretty and fancy. If it lags though, it's not worth it to me to come back.

Faucets that don't tell you that you ip is blocked until after you filled out the captcha, this is the same for when it's dry.

Combined lists. Many faucets combine faucets that I have no interest in, I'd like one that doesn't mix faucetbox, direct, and XAPO together (my preference)

Is that what you're going to turn the site into? Are you going to have a faucet too?

FaucetBOX, Direct with threshold of 25k or less (these usually pay).

Quick completion  (only needing wallet to sign up with)

Ones offering Bonuses/games when you claim (such as moonbitco.in, freebitco.in, sharefaucet, and scratch4satoshies).

Faucets with no popups (ads are okay, but popups are just yucky).

Faucets that are mobile friendly.

Faucets that don't make me log in everytime I go to claim

Payouts:

I'm actually not too picky. I guess 100 every 15 mins is great and 300 or more every hour is good (if the site is not too much trouble to claim at).

500+ an hour is a bonus for me, even though many people say it's too little (not many faucets are paying that much).
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1225

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:06:56 PM

Hello
Things I like:

1.If a rotator site can use my address to claim from several faucets and there is an affiliate service that the rotator allows - your address will get referrals from other users using the rotator that is promoting my referrals on the rotator site - you can add some rank system as well so that higher ranks will get more of the share. I hope you understood what I meant sorry for bad English.
2.Broken Links, Dry Faucets (very annoying)
3.Add a chat/IM system with spam protection too.
4.Make the rotator mobile friendly (I think this would be too much to ask for!!)

PS. I am enjoying FaucetGame by the way!!
Thanks anyway. If you need to discuss you can PM me as well.
Good Luck on CryptoHydrant!!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:14:00 PM

Congrats on your purchase!

I don't use them. This is why: The good ones have a crappy ranking system, putting new, unproven ones at the top. I like it listed by payment or time limit.

The other sites are never kept up to date, or are misleading (as they want you to sign up without giving it much thiught for your referral).

Lag. Some of them want to make it where they are all pretty and fancy. If it lags though, it's not worth it to me to come back.

Faucets that don't tell you that you ip is blocked until after you filled out the captcha, this is the same for when it's dry.

Combined lists. Many faucets combine faucets that I have no interest in, I'd like one that doesn't mix faucetbox, direct, and XAPO together (my preference)

Is that what you're going to turn the site into? Are you going to have a faucet too?

FaucetBOX, Direct with threshold of 25k or less (these usually pay).

Quick completion  (only needing wallet to sign up with)

Ones offering Bonuses/games when you claim (such as moonbitco.in, freebitco.in, sharefaucet, and scratch4satoshies).

Faucets with no popups (ads are okay, but popups are just yucky).

Faucets that are mobile friendly.

Faucets that don't make me log in everytime I go to claim

Payouts:

I'm actually not too picky. I guess 100 every 15 mins is great and 300 or more every hour is good (if the site is not too much trouble to claim at).

500+ an hour is a bonus for me, even though many people say it's too little (not many faucets are paying that much).

Thank you Smiley

Create an account on faucetgame.com and I'll reward you with 20k satoshi, if you're interested.

Hello
Things I like:

1.If a rotator site can use my address to claim from several faucets and there is an affiliate service that the rotator allows - your address will get referrals from other users using the rotator that is promoting my referrals on the rotator site - you can add some rank system as well so that higher ranks will get more of the share. I hope you understood what I meant sorry for bad English.
2.Broken Links, Dry Faucets (very annoying)
3.Add a chat/IM system with spam protection too.
4.Make the rotator mobile friendly (I think this would be too much to ask for!!)

PS. I am enjoying FaucetGame by the way!!
Thanks anyway. If you need to discuss you can PM me as well.
Good Luck on CryptoHydrant!!
I'll keep that in my mind, lots of valuable information Smiley

Thanks and I'm glad you're enjoying faucetgame!
yambub

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

Internet Freedom for African Communities

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:27:33 PM

Useful tools for faucet collectors, everything on one page.

What payouts would you like to see on a 15 minute basis/hourly basis? (Both, on site faucet and 3rd party faucets)

Same as Faucetgame, that's fine, maybe with similar daily bonus or some other extra for frequent use.

It's clear that the operator only put them there to get referrals, there doesn't seem to be much care for the user.

The main priority is to increase my efficiency. A secondary one would be the ability to find new faucets without having to wade through loads of spammy sites because the owner couldn't be bothered to check them out thoroughly before "recommending" them. If you take a look at http://www.myfaucets.website/ it has a lot of good features worth considering, once you set up your own list there (my worklist). It's increased my income by about 50%.

• a "copy my address to clipboard button (amazingly useful)
  • I can prioritise my faucets to appear in order of highest payout so e..g. if I only have time for 5 or 7 I can easily see the top paying ones whose timer is ready
  • There's a priority column I can set to make sure a lower paying faucet goes to top of list as soon as it's available, overriding the payout column.
  • In the main rotator list, I can easily add a faucet to my own list if I like it.

This is great from the operator's point of view as well because he can see which new faucets are most popular from his users, and then add them to the main list too, with his own referral link. No need to rely on feedback. The amount of data this collects would be useful for all sorts of analysis.

See in PM I will send, it's easier.

[/quote]

huckleberry_bit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:39:33 PM

I only have experience with faucetgame at this point so I have nothing with which to compare, but thought I would give a penny of thought at least. (or should I say a satoshi for my thoughts?)     Faucet game is a great site so anything modeled similarly would bode well with me I am sure.    Someone did mention claim amts of 500k..    I do think that higher claims with less frequency would be something I would be interested in.  I think that even twice per hour instead of every 15 minutes would be a draw to me. 

Everyone seems to be happy with faucet box  on FG and its what I will be using,  so I guess that would be my preference as well.   

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

I have a lot of opinions on faucet sites and how a new site would be vastly improved over current faucets - one that would not only attract a larger crowd, but would be worth their time (instead of spending hours solving captchas and evading ads). Only issue is that I don't want to just give away ideas for free - I just don't have the expertise or time to create my own faucet :/
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:46:37 PM

I have a lot of opinions on faucet sites and how a new site would be vastly improved over current faucets - one that would not only attract a larger crowd, but would be worth their time (instead of spending hours solving captchas and evading ads). Only issue is that I don't want to just give away ideas for free - I just don't have the expertise or time to create my own faucet :/
Well, I really don't need ideas, but it's always nice to ask people.
I've already got a ton of ideas and there's some I've even realized (www.faucetgame.com and www.gamefaucet.com and 20+ other websites I run)

Thanks for your opinion though Smiley It was heard.
morefunthantoast

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:54:48 PM

I haven't done one for a while but I always found it annoying to be directed to a site that I had already claimed that hadn't renewed yet.

The ability to VIP and not do capchas (I realize this is not particularly doable).
Nice chat with folks like on faucetgame Smiley
That it function well is the main thing.

I don't, aside from purchasing BTC the only other place I've acquired them recently was on Bitquest, a minecraft server.

SatoshiSpinster on FG
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:59:59 PM

too much ads that it can cover the entire page. Keep the ads in a proper place where it shoul not interfere with people claiming.
High paying faucets and a bonus reward for active claimers.
I like xapo since it directs to wallet.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:10:33 PM

First you need to fix those voting (like/dislike) buttoms on site.

I like instantly paying faucetbox faucets and also for 15 min time base faucets paying atleast 100 satoshi will be fine to spend some time claiming on them.

And also don't forget to keep updating about the status of the faucets you list in your rotator.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
yambub

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

Internet Freedom for African Communities

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 06:23:45 PM

I just thought of another thing. A lot of faucets don't allow themselves to be opened in a frame or similar set-up. This results in frequent notices "this faucet cannot be opened in a frame, click to open in a new window". I think it's better to just open them in a new window or tab and then when you close it, the original window updates itself to reflect the action taken.

I dunno, just to me the frame thing seems unprofessional and clunky-looking.

Andy

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:25:39 PM

I just thought of another thing. A lot of faucets don't allow themselves to be opened in a frame or similar set-up. This results in frequent notices "this faucet cannot be opened in a frame, click to open in a new window". I think it's better to just open them in a new window or tab and then when you close it, the original window updates itself to reflect the action taken.

I dunno, just to me the frame thing seems unprofessional and clunky-looking.

Andy
Yeah, that one is a must. I really hate when I see sites not allowing you to open a new tab. Smiley
That's really a must
Lexiatel

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:35:57 PM

I actually have an account already, lol, but thank you for the offer!

I don't know why I forget going there... it pays well too... hmm... Maybe it's just because I like the hour claims, now that I think of it, all the ones I goto have hour long timers.

I'll go to your site more often though, it's unwise not to. I really just need to make my own personal list. I'm so disorganized.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 11:48:16 PM

1) It's very annoying to find dry faucets or fake information about rwards (exampe - written that faucet pays 500 satoshi, but it's really pays 100). It's also should be written if faucet have popups or safety limits.

2) Rotator should be often updated and I would like voting system.

3)I use mostly Faucetbox and Xapo faucets. I only use direct paying faucets which are old and trusted and treshold isn't higher than 100k satoshi. Also I'm trying faucets, which owner have good reputation on bitcointalk.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: