Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me make PDFs?  (Read 952 times)
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:12:32 AM

Hey guys this is going to sound totally noob but I'm not one of you computer tech kind of guys and am not real into office software so here it goes..

I have an idea for a series of small eBooks that I would like to make. Just small ones about 10 pages long but about 10 of them, it will be more like a manual with a bunch of short 10 page sections.

So to make an eBook I have to make them PDFs (I think), and I don't know nothin bout no PDFs..

What I want to do is make each and every page of my eBook separate in paint, I am pretty comfortable with that program and think I'll be able to do everything I'll need to do in paint..

What I want to know from you computer smart guys is how I can take all of my saved paint files, and turn like 10 of them into pages in one PDF file for an eBook..

And what size resolution px X px should I set my paint for correct/standard size pages?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:22:34 AM

Hey guys this is going to sound totally noob but I'm not one of you computer tech kind of guys and am not real into office software so here it goes..

I have an idea for a series of small eBooks that I would like to make. Just small ones about 10 pages long but about 10 of them, it will be more like a manual with a bunch of short 10 page sections.

So to make an eBook I have to make them PDFs (I think), and I don't know nothin bout no PDFs..

What I want to do is make each and every page of my eBook separate in paint, I am pretty comfortable with that program and think I'll be able to do everything I'll need to do in paint..

What I want to know from you computer smart guys is how I can take all of my saved paint files, and turn like 10 of them into pages in one PDF file for an eBook..

And what size resolution px X px should I set my paint for correct/standard size pages?

What operating system do you use? If you have windows, the easiest way is to use an office solution like microsoft office365. You can use the Word app to create your pdf. Simply choose .pdf as format instead of .docx when you save that file. Graphics can be imported and resized quite easily with Word.

You have to pay something for office365, but I think there are free office solutions available as well.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:29:56 AM

Can also use Open office.
https://www.openoffice.org/

It's available for Windows, Linux and Os X. It does pretty much the same as Office 365, but it is open source and free.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:46:53 PM

Can also use Open office.
https://www.openoffice.org/

It's available for Windows, Linux and Os X. It does pretty much the same as Office 365, but it is open source and free.

Right. Open Office or Libre Office will convert the files into PDF format. My experience is that you can do a little more with Libre Office.

You simply create your file like you would in Microsoft Word. Then you save it as a PDF. If you have your project already done in MS Word, or in Word Perfect, you can open it in Libre Office and simply save it as a PDF.

One thing to remember is that when you open a Word or Word Perfect file in some other program, it may need tweaking to make it look just like you want it.

Both Open Office and Libre Office are free for the download.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
nova-rider

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:51:15 PM

Cool, thanks for the tips.
krumblez

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Chickens will rule the world one day.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 09:53:58 PM

300 dpi - 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches) for A4 printouts

My tipjar: 19hyum5jc4QpX9zPaYELtEys4umaL4aKhF
────────The best high paying faucet websites for you to make free Bitcoins !────────
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:00:52 PM

Easiest one to use and learn with is https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/ you can copy paste in an instant.

And placing images is very simple also, try it, its free.

And its gone.
Tongkar

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:09:08 AM

If you are making them in paint, is it like a comic book?
Try .cbz format as well. That is great for comics.
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:06:52 AM

Just use a Word Processor and save/export as a PDF. But you want a picture based PDF. I hate those. They have a set low resolution, so can't be zoomed like a regular PDF.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 09:14:57 AM

You can also use Powerpoint for creating your book and another software that can help you greatly if you want some graphics in it is Coreldraw, I've worked with that for pdf and its quite handy.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:02:13 AM

You can also use Powerpoint for creating your book and another software that can help you greatly if you want some graphics in it is Coreldraw, I've worked with that for pdf and its quite handy.

Yes powerpoint is of great use for this or have a look at ms publisher, that's also better in this case in comparison with word. Especially font art and graphics handling is much smoother.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:12:08 PM

I mean what ???X???px would I want to set my paint blank page to for proper size pages??

Edit: ALSO...

Would one of you guys be willing to recieve a few paint pages pagemarked for order and just turn em into a PDF for me for a little pay or just a free copy of my books?

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:21:56 PM

I mean what ???X???px would I want to set my pain blank page to for proper size pages??

Open paint, look at the left side, click on properties then set the size you want 210 x 297 that is a standard page size.

Or easier resize the images in https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/
Its the best solution.

And its gone.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:24:09 PM

Open paint, look at the left side, click on properties then set the size you want 210 x 297 that is a standard page size.

Thank you for the clarification Smiley

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:26:03 PM

Thank you for the clarification Smiley

You are welcome, but try the pdf link, it is very easy to work on, about ten minutes or so to learn.

And its gone.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:45:57 PM

You are welcome, but try the pdf link, it is very easy to work on, about ten minutes or so to learn.

Ok, I will when/if I get around to actually doing this, if I become unbusy enough to make this..

Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:55:18 PM

There are (for windows) plenty of programs you can install as "pdf printers".
One of them is http://www.dopdf.com/   but you can just google for "print to pdf".

You install such a program and from that point you have a new "printer". Whenever you print to that "printer", it will simply create a PDF for you.
This way you can use whichever editor you prefer, since all have "print" feature.
livinglegend

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:01:58 PM

I believe it will not be difficult if you follow these steps carefully. In addition there is plenty of material on the internet. Try not to use unnecessary parameters to avoid overloading the file. Good luck.
nimblues

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:48:55 AM

here the instruction for make some PDF document :
1- open microsoft office
2- write your article or about anything you want
3- save as PDF
 and finish, you have PDF document for publish  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print