Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alleged Silk Road Operator ‘Roped Into’ U.S. Extradition  (Read 455 times)
Ezekial2517 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

Irishman Gary Davis, 28, has been ordered to be extradited to the United States for his alleged participation with the Silk Road Marketplace. The Kilpedder in Co Wicklow resident was charged with two others of conspiracy to distribute illicit drugs, computer espionage, and money laundering charges.

Irishman With Aspergers May Face Trial In New York For Alleged Participation With Silk Road Affairs

According to the FBI Davis is responsible for being a Silk Road operator called ‘Libertas’ and had a personal relationship with Ross Ulbricht says a lead investigator in the case. Libertas was responsible for dealing with vendors, and organizing the narcotics sold on the site into different class types.

Read More Here ~> https://news.bitcoin.com/silk-road-operator-us-extradition/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:03:07 PM

Who's ordered who to do what?

America makes alot of demands to extradite but they regularly get turned down by the countries they're bullying.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:13:44 PM

I mean, selling and facilitating the sale of drugs is illegal. I don't agree with the law myself, but I do understand when you play the game sometimes you do lose. Ideology be damned, I can feel the way I want about individuals rights and the right to personal freedom. But most governments feel the exact opposite, and this is a known thing. If you decide to participate in these activities with this knowledge forehand, you take your lumps if it comes to it.

TLDR: People who sell illegal substances usually go to jail when they get caught. Crazy world, huh?
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:39:08 PM

I wish the world focused more on the other crimes like Corruption, than someone involved with an online drug marketplace. Even in Phili.. its a serious matter when 100's of people are killed who are involved with drugs, but that country faces a massive problem with Corruption, so they should take care of that first. Same thing with America. A lot of much more other serious crimes, and all they go for are people involved in less serious crimes.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:43:02 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 06:06:22 PM by TippingPoint

Libertas told the site administrator DPR that he had a sick pet and officials say on that same day through surveillance Davis was seen by authorities visiting a veterinarian

So the lesson for people at risk might be to never disclose personally identifiable information on the internet, and in fact to create legends that "prove" that you could not possibly be the person who was involved in a particular activity.  Such as, "I have to take my Volkswagen in for an electrical problem", when you actually drive a BMW and it is running fine.

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:48:38 PM

Who's ordered who to do what?

America makes alot of demands to extradite but they regularly get turned down by the countries they're bullying.

Well, it depends on the country. Ireland and the United States do appear to have an extradition treaty. It's been in force since 1984: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_extradition_treaties

So unfortunately for that guy, his government will probably hand him over willingly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

I wish the world focused more on the other crimes like Corruption, than someone involved with an online drug marketplace. Even in Phili.. its a serious matter when 100's of people are killed who are involved with drugs, but that country faces a massive problem with Corruption, so they should take care of that first. Same thing with America. A lot of much more other serious crimes, and all they go for are people involved in less serious crimes.

Yeah, problem is it's all about money. US agencies are constantly fighting one another for budget allocations from the national budget. Drug/associated asset seizures and convictions are easy money, basically.

There are more nefarious things going on that also contribute, but in the interest of not appearing to be a wing-nut, I won't go into them.
bitsoldiers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:33:28 PM

Yeah, problem is it's all about money. US agencies are constantly fighting one another for budget allocations from the national budget. Drug/associated asset seizures and convictions are easy money, basically.

There are more nefarious things going on that also contribute, but in the interest of not appearing to be a wing-nut, I won't go into them.

I secondly that this...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: