Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Batch #3 Not selling as fast....  (Read 4209 times)
bennybong (OP)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:40:16 PM

So it looks like Batch #3 isn't 'selling out' as quick the previous batches.... by which I mean they're actually still available. 

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:42:35 PM

Umm...yeah, they cost a lot more in terms of USDs and therefore there are fewer that have the BTC available? Just a guess mind you.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:45:29 PM

They have been going out and in stock all day long... Maybe its a lot of people ordering without paying, and then they manually reset it... Or something similar.

lukestokes

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 08:52:25 PM

I had the order page open... so tempted to hit submit. Just seems like way too many (i.e. almost all) of my recently acquired precious coins... can't pull the trigger.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:01:00 PM

I had the order page open... so tempted to hit submit. Just seems like way too many (i.e. almost all) of my recently acquired precious coins... can't pull the trigger.

And then there are people like me who have the money to buy one, but can't get hold of BTC to pay.

bennybong (OP)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:08:05 PM

And then there are people like me who have the money to buy one, but can't get hold of BTC to pay.

Sad
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:18:51 PM

Well, congrats. It looks like you will have the time to convert your USD to BTC, the AVALONS are still in stock.

MiningBuddy

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

Well, congrats. It looks like you will have the time to convert your USD to BTC, the AVALONS are still in stock.
Do we have any idea how many? Last time I looked it was showing 14 available but now it just says that they are in stock.
Not sure if I can stomach the risk of buying a load of BTC to watch them go out of stock tomorrow and the price crash  Cheesy

nuclear

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:24:10 PM

Sad

This x10.

I've had the money to buy a few...but the account with the bulk of said funds wasn't linked to Dwolla; which took until today to do.  Of course, then there's the 3-4 day wait to transfer there; and who knows how long to actually convert that to BTC.

And yeah; getting $6k in cash withdrawn to deposit it with one of those "instant" buy services isn't going to happen either.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:29:58 PM

I would if I could, I've spent the last two days trying, I'm in the UK and the options are limited.

blockchain.info £1000 GBP weekly limit
mtgox, 4 days by wire transfer
localbitcoins, limits

It's frustrating Sad

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:55:34 PM

So it looks like Batch #3 isn't 'selling out' as quick the previous batches.... by which I mean they're actually still available. 
Thoughts?

I'm sure the ~4x price increase over Batch 1 and 2 has something to do with it.
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:59:49 PM

I'd be happy to sell some bitcoins for MP, or the likes. With a generous fee, for myself, of course. I have around 60 up for sale.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 12:24:51 AM

Honestly i knew i wasnt going to buy batch three the minute i heard of the hike!

@ $2500 i would have still bought!!!   @ $5500 - $6500: ---> Lots of people locked out!

---------------------------------------

Keep in mind BFL has left a stench that reeks industry wide and if that smell rubs off on you its gonna be really really hard to get it off!

Supply / Demand :  Raising your price is one thing! tripping .. is another! But we all understand the demand and supply chain..
It would just seem like they would do anything to avoid the BFL odor but maybe not!

Worse is the delay on batch 2!

When all we had was batch one .. All we could say about Avalon is that they delivered as promised and they have no digital karma demons chasing after them like BFL!

Fast Forward and now what we have of Avalon is a 3x price hike and a delay for batch 2 thats is for the lack of a better word "brutal" in its timing!

The same delay might yield catastrophic effects for batch 3 order!

Now if the sales for batch #3 were lackluster .. Then they are stuck with either using the $ they have to make more and mine so they can add to the assembly line or just "take a break" ...  and wait for demand to un-fizzle by which time other competitors my come raining in  ... BFL or otherwise!

One thing for sure !! Avalon is here! They have produced, they dialog and seem humble from what ive read in responses! I can only imagine the kind of patience needed to interact with the likes of the bat s*** crazy people like us.  <---- ( for that alone ty Avalon )

Keep in "mined" (<<-- lol) i was locked out because of the price hike and i have no orders on wait or other wise!

I think im one of many who have realized the GPU era is over and im looking to invest immediately and from that perspective there are a lot of us left holding wads of cash!  

Considering when and if BFL launches and also the outfits that have not shown their hand ... its a no brainier that prices will drop alot! !!!!!!

So its crazy that they have left people that would other wise buy 1-2 ,
holding a big bag of cash to just sit and take a wif of the atmosphere!

People dont easily forget, BFL might as well be a curse word ...  They have tainted their brand, and their may never be a batch 2 or 3 in the eyes of their customers!

Something to keep in mind for companies looking to build assembly line with profits for batches that will never be because of the SMELL!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

Hope you saved some "!"'s for later bud.

No competition = pricing power = higher prices. It's not Avalon's fault their competition is inept, fraudulent, or both.

zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:21:55 AM

Yeah i got lots of em.. i got a filco keyboard rated at a millions clicks! <-- Smiley

^^ maybe ya missed the part where i said "But we all understand the demand and supply chain.."

Avalon has pulled rank on the competition indeed but its easy to say we are # 1 when youre the only one on the stage..
Nonetheless, it seems just showing up to the competition makes you a winner here "!"

But in all honestly im not taking away from Avalons accomplishment.. I think i made it clear.. maybe it wasnt crystal "!"

So ill spell it out .. AVALON DID A GREAT JOB OF GETTING THEIR DEVICE TO MARKET BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. FOR ALL INTENSE PURPOSE IF I WOULD HAVE MADE THE CUT $ I WOULD BE POSTING IN THE THANK YOU AVALON THREAD!

I hope its crystal now "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Filco Keyboards FTW!!!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:35:57 AM

Woah.. You ordered from batch one and you dont have it in hand?

So some febreze is in order.. haha

i take it you are rocking a thiz face right now!
https://www.google.com/search?q=thizz+face&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=2re&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VvtQUaLyBqK3iwLd64HICA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=626

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:37:07 AM

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on some Batch #3, 4-module units ....  However I have yet to receive the Batch 1 order, this is why I hesitate.

I can't decide... can anyone maybe help sway me in favour of pulling the trigger on the order??  Grin

Go for it. You'll get unit. They are real. The only thing that should really be holding people back is the uncertainty regarding how long it will take to break even once you do get the batch 3 unit.

Zman0101

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:40:55 AM

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on some Batch #3, 4-module units ....  However I have yet to receive the Batch 1 order, this is why I hesitate.

I can't decide... can anyone maybe help sway me in favour of pulling the trigger on the order??  Grin

Im hesitant myself. I think it smells a little fishy that they are only taking bitcoins and no refunds. They come off saying yeah we are supporting bitcoin by only taking bitcoin however, there is no refund. Even if they did promote a refund who are we going to complain to if you don't get anything back. Think about it... a currency that is not accepted as a real currency YET... The better business bureau would probably laugh at us and ask wtf is a bitcoin. Plus if you didn't even get anything from batch 1.... I wouldn't invest .  
Zman0101

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:49:39 AM

Im hesitant myself. I think it smells a little fishy that they are only taking bitcoins and no refunds. They come off saying yeah we are supporting bitcoin by only taking bitcoin however, there is no refund. Even if they did promote a refund who are we going to complain to if you don't get anything back. Think about it... a currency that is not accepted as a real currency YET... The better business bureau would probably laugh at us and ask wtf is a bitcoin. Plus if you didn't even get anything from batch 1.... I wouldn't invest .  

Another thought to... All the money that they are making from these orders is more capital in their pockets to build more machines for themselves. I wouldn't doubt your Avalon rig has about 2 months of burn in testing on it already. The unit are real for sure but we would all be crazy not to think that these companies such as BFL and Avalon aren't using these for their own potential gains. They will ship a few out here an there to keep people with the mind set that they are shipping which will acquire more orders. Im putting myself in the shoes of these companies...if I had the key to make millions of dollars and be set for life ...why share it ?

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:51:09 AM

Another thought to... All the money that they are making from these orders is more capital in their pockets to build more machines for themselves. I wouldn't doubt your Avalon rig has about 2 months of burn in testing on it already. The unit are real for sure but we would all be crazy not to think that these companies such as BFL and Avalon aren't using these for their own potential gains. They will ship a few out here an there to keep people with the mind set that they are shipping which will acquire more orders. Im putting myself in the shoes of these companies...if I had the key to make millions of dollars and be set for life ...why share it ?

hedging? what if bitcoin fails? at least you got money from the ASIC

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: