Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocketr: Sell your digital goods for Bitcoin, Ether, and more with auto-delivery  (Read 4457 times)
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:53:49 AM

Will you ever extend your platform for digital services like YT views, SEO Link packages, social signals, etc etc?

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robbot (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:02:32 PM

Hey, I am a buyer for a product being sold on Rocketr. I did not know there was a thread here to ask. I was wondering what exchange rate you have been using for selling products priced in USD but sold in Bitcoin. I had been trying to buy a product costing $4, but at current bitcoin exchange prices the amount of bitcoin that Rocketr was requesting from me was worth about a dollar and a half more than the price of the product itself. Is the exchange rate outdated or are there fees that we are not able to see as buyers? During checkout, there is never any mention of any fees, which is why I ask about this.

We currently use blockchain.info's API for fiat -> BTC price conversion

I see that, but my question remains unanswered. As I keep trying to buy a product which I ended up having to buy directly from a seller in the end, I kept getting charged much more than the bitcoin equivalent of the dollar value shown on the website. A $5 item was going to cost me around $7 in bitcoin at blockchain.info's exchange rate. There was also no mention of any fees at the time of checkout. I can PM you with the complete details if you would like to check it out and see what's happening.

Yes, please PM me the order details including the order number.
robbot (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

Will you ever extend your platform for digital services like YT views, SEO Link packages, social signals, etc etc?

We actually already do. We also allow for custom fields which allow the seller to ask buyers for additional details on checkout.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:15:13 PM

Hey, I am a buyer for a product being sold on Rocketr. I did not know there was a thread here to ask. I was wondering what exchange rate you have been using for selling products priced in USD but sold in Bitcoin. I had been trying to buy a product costing $4, but at current bitcoin exchange prices the amount of bitcoin that Rocketr was requesting from me was worth about a dollar and a half more than the price of the product itself. Is the exchange rate outdated or are there fees that we are not able to see as buyers? During checkout, there is never any mention of any fees, which is why I ask about this.

I see that, but my question remains unanswered. As I keep trying to buy a product which I ended up having to buy directly from a seller in the end, I kept getting charged much more than the bitcoin equivalent of the dollar value shown on the website. A $5 item was going to cost me around $7 in bitcoin at blockchain.info's exchange rate. There was also no mention of any fees at the time of checkout. I can PM you with the complete details if you would like to check it out and see what's happening.

Some time between when I originally posted that and now the problem got fixed. For the record, the product which I attempted to buy was https://rocketr.net/buy/0ef2a453ae12. I ended up buying it by dealing directly with the owner of the listing because of that bug, but it seems to be fine now, amounting to around $5.15 in Bitcoin which in my opinion is within margin of error. It might have been caused by the fluctuating value of bitcoin, but even so I tried multiple times and the price kept being equivalent to between $6-$7 every time I tried. If it happens again, I will let you know.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 11:40:38 PM

That's a great service you providing op, sometime in the past I was looking for such services or platform but couldn't find one I'm glad that I found one and now I can sell digital goods on your website. If possible then please try to launch a mobile app or mobile version of your website so that people can access it anytime from anywhere.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
robbot (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 03:43:47 PM

Some time between when I originally posted that and now the problem got fixed. For the record, the product which I attempted to buy was https://rocketr.net/buy/0ef2a453ae12. I ended up buying it by dealing directly with the owner of the listing because of that bug, but it seems to be fine now, amounting to around $5.15 in Bitcoin which in my opinion is within margin of error. It might have been caused by the fluctuating value of bitcoin, but even so I tried multiple times and the price kept being equivalent to between $6-$7 every time I tried. If it happens again, I will let you know.

Okay great. Sorry about the inconvenience and yes please do drop me a message if you notice it again.

That's a great service you providing op, sometime in the past I was looking for such services or platform but couldn't find one I'm glad that I found one and now I can sell digital goods on your website. If possible then please try to launch a mobile app or mobile version of your website so that people can access it anytime from anywhere.

We've definitely got mobile apps on the roadmap -- we're in the middle of a little bit of an overhaul that'll make it easier for us to build these, so after that you can definitely expect some apps.
Thmn

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:33:00 AM

Hi guys

I have a serious problem I paid money to one of the companies using rocket.net services now they don't want to give me my refund their website is (link: https://crypticvpn.com) I made an order to buy a service with cryptic 11-10-2017 10:09:16 PM Order #052e44b9eb9f so i paid 0.03126643 ETH  to address 0x3be6bf88d156b861e7e1b2cae271f974399b0adc for a 3 months service so they won't refund my money so they say i must contact rocketr.net for refund back.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:03:13 AM

Ok so I found the site and went to check what's being sold there. Oops, there's NOTHING. Well, at least until I register. Lots of nice little texts about how great your site is and not a single listing. Do you know how long I spent there? Less than a minute. Buyers do not want to read about your great service, they want to see what's available or they turn around and leave. Until you improve that it won't fly.

cryptospacemedia

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:08:10 AM

Can we sell digital services on rocketr? like programming or writing services?
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:53:12 PM

While it is possible, I would not use them for selling services. The platform itself is focused on selling products or goods that are able to be delivered electronically in an automated way. This makes it so that items such as product keys or guides are the ideal items to be sold through this platform. For selling services, a freelancing website would probably be much better, albeit I have not heard of any reputable one whose main focus is Bitcoin clientele. What you could do is find any reputable freelancing website and market yourself there in such way as to make it obvious that you accept Bitcoin payments on top of, optionally, fiat. The disadvantage to this is that it is not automated, but when it comes to services, automation is usually not what you are looking for anyway.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
cryptospacemedia

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:45:20 AM

While it is possible, I would not use them for selling services. The platform itself is focused on selling products or goods that are able to be delivered electronically in an automated way. This makes it so that items such as product keys or guides are the ideal items to be sold through this platform. For selling services, a freelancing website would probably be much better, albeit I have not heard of any reputable one whose main focus is Bitcoin clientele. What you could do is find any reputable freelancing website and market yourself there in such way as to make it obvious that you accept Bitcoin payments on top of, optionally, fiat. The disadvantage to this is that it is not automated, but when it comes to services, automation is usually not what you are looking for anyway.

Thanks for your response. Great Insights.

Though I am already using some freelance websites, most of them don't allow you to take payments from external options and you have to go through the option they provide on their website.

For now, I was only able to find OpenBazaar and Rocketr that allow you to take payments in cryptocurrencies in exchange for your services.

I am really surprised to see that with tons of ICOs no one came with something like Fiverr, a gig based website to connect sellers and buyers, especially for freelancers.

Or maybe most of the ICOs are just concerned about raising money rather than making an actual product.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: