Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for help with a Chrome extension that uses MtGox sockets  (Read 483 times)
cilphex (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 08:50:55 PM

Hey folks, I know there are a few Chrome extensions out there currently that give you the real time exchange rate for bitcoins, but I would like to make my own version, and I'm looking for some help.

It seems that MtGox web sockets are the popular way for getting real time exchange rate data, right?  I'm trying to use the API as described in the bitcoin wiki here (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox/API/Streaming), but I'm having difficulty.

Basically I can only seldom connect, and when I can, it often stops working after a while.  I've also noticed that other extensions are able to continue showing the current exchange rate even when MtGox sockets are down.  Which I guess means they don't use it at all, or fall back to something else.

Tips or resources on how to interface with MtGox's web sockets, or how to otherwise keep an eye on the exchange rate in real time, would be greatly appreciated.  I can share my code as well, if anyone who thinks they may be able to offer help wants to take a look.  Anyone have advice?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: