Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:58:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex.com still down ?  (Read 912 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:43:27 PM

Some people told me that Bitfinex is UP yesterday but when I checked It was down , and I found the same thing while checking the status page.
Today , I checked the https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/ and It seems like everything is okay however I'm unable to access the website from both my phone & PC and I can't seem to understand why.

I also tried to check : http://downoruprightnow.com/status/bitfinex.com and It says It's functional as well.

So could anyone tell me If it's functional or not ? If yes , did they make any announcements about blocking countries or something ? cuz I can't access it at all.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:25:45 PM

I just checked and for me it's functional, I was able to use the dust I still have there to trade BFX. Cheesy

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:32:08 PM

I just checked and for me it's functional, I was able to use the dust I still have there to trade BFX. Cheesy

Then why the hell It's not working for me , have you checked If they made any announcements  Huh

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:48:05 PM

You don't have to login to see announcements, the last one is from August 10th. LTC withdrawals are enabled now, this seems to be new.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:06:13 PM

You don't have to login to see announcements, the last one is from August 10th. LTC withdrawals are enabled now, this seems to be new.

I guess you didn't get me, I'm trying to go to the website but I couldn't :

I tried using my phone and PC and nothing is working and I'm getting the same error from the browser. So , I'm asking you if there is any announcements about them blocking IPs or countries or whatever ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:35:57 PM

I'm still having this issue and unable to access their website , even though statuspage.io shows that they are functional and running. Any help is appreciated  Huh  Cry

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:39:17 PM

I'm still having this issue and unable to access their website , even though statuspage.io shows that they are functional and running. Any help is appreciated  Huh  Cry

It seems that the problem is from your side as the site is working fine without any issue. try to use a proxy or a VPN as I think the problem is either in your IP or your ISP blocked the site
satmas

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

BItfinex is up when I checked the website, but I haven't signed up yet because I don't want to use bitfinex right now.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:52:25 PM

Just checked the bitfinex website and seems that it is available for me and it's working fine.

The website can not work at your side because of the DNS or maybe because of the ISP, have you tried to access through mobile?

If you still can't access there then you can try through proxy but it's not recommended as everything can be logged.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:26:44 AM

I'm still having this issue and unable to access their website , even though statuspage.io shows that they are functional and running. Any help is appreciated  Huh  Cry

It seems that the problem is from your side as the site is working fine without any issue. try to use a proxy or a VPN as I think the problem is either in your IP or your ISP blocked the site

I first thought about it but when I rebooted the modem (IP changed) and couldn't acess the website , I thought It's something else.
I tried to change the location to the UK using IPVanish, and that worked, I still don't understand why I'm unable to access the website though (If I turn off the VPN). Anyway , thank you so much!

I'm still having this issue and unable to access their website , even though statuspage.io shows that they are functional and running. Any help is appreciated  Huh  Cry
Just checked the bitfinex website and seems that it is available for me and it's working fine.

The website can not work at your side because of the DNS or maybe because of the ISP, have you tried to access through mobile?

If you still can't access there then you can try through proxy but it's not recommended as everything can be logged.
a VPN worked for me , but I don't really want to use that as my internet gets slower but well I guess there isn't anything else to do as I tested the website using my real IP for both PC and phone and that didn't change anything...
I guess they blocked some countries and not my IP as my IP keep getting changed when I reboot modem .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:50:22 AM

try these:
1) flush your DNS both with windows command prompt and also flush your google chrome internal DNS
this is most probably your problem, because using VPN redirects your DNS request somewhere else. also try using google DNS 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4
2) contact your ISP  and ask them if they have blocked the site, although if they have blocked it the error should have read connection_refused instead of _time_out but it doesn't hurt to ask
3) bitfinex did not block you, if they did you would have seen a different page telling you, "your are not allowed here" i know because i am blocked LOL

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:52:59 AM

3) bitfinex did not block you, if they did you would have seen a different page telling you, "your are not allowed here" i know because i am blocked LOL

Out of curiosity, what does one need to do to get blocked by Bitfinex? It sounds like your IP address was blocked? Or was it even MAC address?

Agree that this sounds like a DNS issue that flushing would solve. I think it's really unlikely that his ISP has anything to do with this, but I guess that's a slight possibility.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:10:09 AM

try these:
1) flush your DNS both with windows command prompt and also flush your google chrome internal DNS
this is most probably your problem, because using VPN redirects your DNS request somewhere else. also try using google DNS 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4
2) contact your ISP  and ask them if they have blocked the site, although if they have blocked it the error should have read connection_refused instead of _time_out but it doesn't hurt to ask

I tried what you said above and that didn't help either , I didn't call my ISP since they don't even know what Bitcoin is so I don't think they blocked the website and as you said , the error is not th same .
I guess I'm not blocked either since each time I reboot the modem , I get a new IP address and each time I try , It doesn't work.

Out of curiosity, what does one need to do to get blocked by Bitfinex? It sounds like your IP address was blocked? Or was it even MAC address?

Agree that this sounds like a DNS issue that flushing would solve. I think it's really unlikely that his ISP has anything to do with this, but I guess that's a slight possibility.

He probably made too many requests using the API or something like that; It's impossible to ban a MAC Address as It's a physical address and impossible to get from a website page, he will need a software installed in his PC so they could get that info.
I tried the DNS as I stated above but that didn't help either  Cry

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:53:34 PM

--

I tried what you said above and that didn't help either , I didn't call my ISP since they don't even know what Bitcoin is so I don't think they blocked the website and as you said , the error is not th same .
I guess I'm not blocked either since each time I reboot the modem , I get a new IP address and each time I try , It doesn't work.

just another thought but give another browser like firefox a try. from your screenshot i assume you are using google chrome.

He probably made too many requests using the API or something like that; It's impossible to ban a MAC Address as It's a physical address and impossible to get from a website page, he will need a software installed in his PC so they could get that info.

i mistook bitfinex with another exchange i don't know why Smiley
and these blocks are based on IP range not you exact IP if it is a general ban rather than an overuse or abuse ban so dynamic IP will solve it.
and about MAC address, in case you are using IPV6 settings with some settings MAC address can also be found without needing you to install anything but i don't think anybody use that for baning

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:26:07 PM

--

just another thought but give another browser like firefox a try. from your screenshot i assume you are using google chrome.

and these blocks are based on IP range not you exact IP if it is a general ban rather than an overuse or abuse ban so dynamic IP will solve it.
and about MAC address, in case you are using IPV6 settings with some settings MAC address can also be found without needing you to install anything but i don't think anybody use that for baning

I just confirmed that It has nothing to do with my IP, I tried Firefox and It didn't work as well ... however when I changed the operating system to Ubuntu (I'm dual booting Windows & Ubuntu) , It worked without any issues so I'm wondering what could be blocking it on my Windows , I'm pretty sure It's not the firewall.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:13:49 PM

--

I just confirmed that It has nothing to do with my IP, I tried Firefox and It didn't work as well ... however when I changed the operating system to Ubuntu (I'm dual booting Windows & Ubuntu) , It worked without any issues so I'm wondering what could be blocking it on my Windows , I'm pretty sure It's not the firewall.

Can I ask you which version of windows have you used to access the website www.bitfinex.com? I think at 99% the problem is the firewall but I'm not sure.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:21:34 PM

--

I tried the DNS as I stated above but that didn't help either  Cry

Can I ask you which version of windows have you used to access the website www.bitfinex.com? I think at 99% the problem is the firewall but I'm not sure.
I'm using Windows 10 (Not sure If it matters but I've done the anniversary updates that MS launched few weeks ago)and the Ubuntu version is 14.04 .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:21:50 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2016, 05:32:32 PM by marketone

They are probably testing different security measures since the hack was done.
So people will have a hard time accessing the site and might have to use a different method of getting on to the site then the ones they were using before.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:53:53 PM

a VPN worked for me , but I don't really want to use that as my internet gets slower but well I guess there isn't anything else to do as I tested the website using my real IP for both PC and phone and that didn't change anything...
I guess they blocked some countries and not my IP as my IP keep getting changed when I reboot modem .

When you reboot your modem or if you flush/reset your IP through cmd it's still the same ISP

It can be that they blocked some ISP or the ISP blocked the website you want to access too.

VPN is good in these cases, but be sure that they do not keep logs because you can be in trouble in the future.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:17:49 PM

When you reboot your modem or if you flush/reset your IP through cmd it's still the same ISP

It can be that they blocked some ISP or the ISP blocked the website you want to access too.

VPN is good in these cases, but be sure that they do not keep logs because you can be in trouble in the future.

Who ever heard of ISPs blocking Bitfinex or vice versa? Seems highly unlikely. I prefer to use a VPN for virtually all my dealings on the interwebz in any case. Because, why not? Might as well keep a degree of separation from your location. And yes, of course, use a no-logs VPN provider. US-based VPN providers are not required to keep logs. I use PIA.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: