Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 11:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex.com still down ?  (Read 922 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:11:53 AM

I just confirmed that It has nothing to do with my IP, I tried Firefox and It didn't work as well ... however when I changed the operating system to Ubuntu (I'm dual booting Windows & Ubuntu) , It worked without any issues so I'm wondering what could be blocking it on my Windows , I'm pretty sure It's not the firewall.

i am becoming more sure that the problem is from your firewall, windows 10 is a nasty little thing which may as well be the reason for your blockade since you could access it with the same IP on ubuntu.

..... US-based VPN providers are not required to keep logs. I use PIA.

lol. if any VPN provider in the world keeps any logs and hides it, it is US based VPN providers.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
John Constantine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:54:46 AM

They are probably testing different security measures since the hack was done.
So people will have a hard time accessing the site and might have to use a different method of getting on to the site then the ones they were using before.
It is one of the possible reasons. They will have to redouble efforts with security after this mess.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:45:59 PM

I'm still having this issue and unable to access their website , even though statuspage.io shows that they are functional and running. Any help is appreciated  Huh  Cry
Just checked the bitfinex website and seems that it is available for me and it's working fine.

The website can not work at your side because of the DNS or maybe because of the ISP, have you tried to access through mobile?

If you still can't access there then you can try through proxy but it's not recommended as everything can be logged.
a VPN worked for me , but I don't really want to use that as my internet gets slower but well I guess there isn't anything else to do as I tested the website using my real IP for both PC and phone and that didn't change anything...
I guess they blocked some countries and not my IP as my IP keep getting changed when I reboot modem .

When you reboot your modem or if you flush/reset your IP through cmd it's still the same ISP

It can be that they blocked some ISP or the ISP blocked the website you want to access too.

VPN is good in these cases, but be sure that they do not keep logs because you can be in trouble in the future.

Who ever heard of ISPs blocking Bitfinex or vice versa? Seems highly unlikely. I prefer to use a VPN for virtually all my dealings on the interwebz in any case. Because, why not? Might as well keep a degree of separation from your location. And yes, of course, use a no-logs VPN provider. US-based VPN providers are not required to keep logs. I use PIA.

Sometimes IPSs donesn't check exactly for specific websites but block a set of websites or sometimes it is because of the region.

I had experienced with some websites where I couldn't have access because of my ISP which was blocked.

Most of the VPNs keep logs even those that say that don't keep logs, but a good encryption sometimes is enough.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 6251

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:50:05 PM

I just confirmed that It has nothing to do with my IP, I tried Firefox and It didn't work as well ... however when I changed the operating system to Ubuntu (I'm dual booting Windows & Ubuntu) , It worked without any issues so I'm wondering what could be blocking it on my Windows , I'm pretty sure It's not the firewall.

i am becoming more sure that the problem is from your firewall, windows 10 is a nasty little thing which may as well be the reason for your blockade since you could access it with the same IP on ubuntu.

lol. if any VPN provider in the world keeps any logs and hides it, it is US based VPN providers.

Well , how come ?If I didn't change anything on the settings or something else?
Can windows 10 just block it without my permission ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 03:39:29 AM

Actually, US-based VPN providers are not required by law to keep logs. So they have zero incentive to do so. Doing so would only lose them business. Many jurisdictions outside of the US require providers to keep logs. Always do your due diligence when choosing a VPN!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 6251

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:25:02 AM

Actually, US-based VPN providers are not required by law to keep logs. So they have zero incentive to do so. Doing so would only lose them business. Many jurisdictions outside of the US require providers to keep logs. Always do your due diligence when choosing a VPN!

Herbert2020 is right , If you just google a little bit , you will find that U.S VPNs will provide information's to the government If they are asked to and there is nothing they could do about it  so I don't believe in this "zero logs" they keep saying in their websites.

- Also , I just wanted to say that I got this fixed , I had to format my PC and once I did , the Bitfinex is working once again so till now , I'm not sure what was blocking it but I'm glad It works.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████