Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you earn with mining?  (Read 3963 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:19:18 PM

I've currently got 2 RX 470s hazing away on XMR/Ethereum, switching automatically every 12 hours as I can't decide which one to mine. Sold a few of my old S3s, they were getting pretty annoying and all I have left now is my one S7LN and a few S5s. Honestly not sure how much I make each day; I don't keep track.

If you do intend on mining, GPU'S are a viable option right now; they do good and they have a relatively high resale value.

Thanks for sharing your experience mining with GPUs.  Right now,  XMR and ETH are very profitable to mine with them so I'll give it a shot.  It is better to mine at your own home,  rather than leaving your money on a so called cloud mining service for them to leave with all your hard earned cash.

The only downside to mining at your place is the high electricity costs,  depending on where you live.  Sad

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:32:04 PM

I've currently got 2 RX 470s hazing away on XMR/Ethereum, switching automatically every 12 hours as I can't decide which one to mine. Sold a few of my old S3s, they were getting pretty annoying and all I have left now is my one S7LN and a few S5s. Honestly not sure how much I make each day; I don't keep track.

If you do intend on mining, GPU'S are a viable option right now; they do good and they have a relatively high resale value.

Thanks for sharing your experience mining with GPUs.  Right now,  XMR and ETH are very profitable to mine with them so I'll give it a shot.  It is better to mine at your own home,  rather than leaving your money on a so called cloud mining service for them to leave with all your hard earned cash.

The only downside to mining at your place is the high electricity costs,  depending on where you live.  Sad

Cloudmining is a huge mistake lots of newbies make; it's just not worth the risk. If you can't mine at home, don't do it. Easy as that. I wouldn't even trust sending my miners over to a datacenter, as stuff happens. I've had some pretty bad datacenter experiences that aren't related to miners.

Of course, mining is NOT the only option. Investing and trading also is, but I'm not going to meander too much off of mining, as that's what this section is about Smiley
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:22:06 AM

Which is why I moved from an area where I was paying close to 8c/KWH for 3/4ths of the year and over 14 the rest of the time, to a place I'm paying less than 5 yearround.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

Cloudmining is a huge mistake lots of newbies make; it's just not worth the risk. If you can't mine at home, don't do it. Easy as that. I wouldn't even trust sending my miners over to a datacenter, as stuff happens. I've had some pretty bad datacenter experiences that aren't related to miners.

Of course, mining is NOT the only option. Investing and trading also is, but I'm not going to meander too much off of mining, as that's what this section is about Smiley

As you said before, mining is not the only option, but in my opinion, it is much easier to do than trading and investing (like cloud mining). In addition to this, by trading you can end up losing all your capital, in which it can be seen as sort of like gambling. Those who can trade, mine, or invest shall choose the path that most suits them. Just my opinion.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:42:08 AM

I shut off all of my bitcoin mining gear a long time ago and built a small GPU farm.

As of now, I am making a few dollars daily by mining Ethereum.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:56:58 PM

Nowadays, mining is not as profitable as it used to be at the beginning, still it is sort of like a passive income to earn some money along the way.

So I'm just curious to know if you're making decent profit mining Bitcoin or altcoins.

By the way, HashFlare will be adding Dash mining soon so I think it wil be pretty great to buy some hashrate (although, I'm not pretty sure if the service is a scam though)  Smiley
Thats true thay mining is no more profitable with bitcoin and it is not recommended to those people who want to start mining people it will very too risk if they going to build a miner without a knowledge on this maybe alt coins can help them but not bitcoin anymore maybe cloud mining.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:52:04 PM

I shut off all of my bitcoin mining gear a long time ago and built a small GPU farm.

As of now, I am making a few dollars daily by mining Ethereum.

Great. I've seen that the most profitable coins to mine right now with GPU is XMR and ETH. I'm tempted to buy one of those AMD Radeon Nanos to see how much XMR and ETH I could mine with it. One of the things that I like of this GPU, is that it is much smaller than others. Anyways, I'll see what I can achieve once I have my rig completely set up. I used to mine with AMD Radeon R9s, but they were borrowed from a friend while he returned from vacation. Now, I'm back to having a no GPU mining rig (no GPU in terms of the external one, it is just running with the internal graphics for now).  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
renem

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:40:33 AM

Nowadays, mining is not as profitable as it used to be at the beginning, still it is sort of like a passive income to earn some money along the way.

So I'm just curious to know if you're making decent profit mining Bitcoin or altcoins.

By the way, HashFlare will be adding Dash mining soon so I think it wil be pretty great to buy some hashrate (although, I'm not pretty sure if the service is a scam though)  Smiley
I am agree with you sir, nowadays even you are going to buy some special hardware miner it still not profitable if you are going to use it to mine bitcoin , you need to find a solar system power to provide cheap electicity than can help you to over power the miner, the passive income for me to earn bitcoin is to do some signature campaign like this.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:52:33 PM

I am agree with you sir, nowadays even you are going to buy some special hardware miner it still not profitable if you are going to use it to mine bitcoin , you need to find a solar system power to provide cheap electicity than can help you to over power the miner, the passive income for me to earn bitcoin is to do some signature campaign like this.

Yeah me too. Signature campaign is one of the easiest ways to earn some Bitcoin without risking yourself like cloud mining. It is nice income for you while at the same time you learn more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I'm looking to switch out to solar mining by the way, so in the meantime I will stick with coin staking as it is energy efficient.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:05:30 PM

Yeah me too. Signature campaign is one of the easiest ways to earn some Bitcoin without risking yourself like cloud mining. It is nice income for you while at the same time you learn more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I'm looking to switch out to solar mining by the way, so in the meantime I will stick with coin staking as it is energy efficient.  Smiley
Solar isn't the best choice, so I hope that you've already looked into it enough that you understand the initial investment needed and the risk factor; the panels are pretty easily damaged in adverse weather conditions, no matter how it's advertised. Coin staking is a pretty nice passive income, but most of the stakeable coins aren't traded much, with the exception of PPC.

If you're looking at solar for fun, go ahead- I run a few gridseed miners off of a battery in my garage, and it runs just fine. It's definitely interesting to see solar panels get more and more efficient; maybe someday actual mining with them will be possible.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:54:10 AM

Yeah me too. Signature campaign is one of the easiest ways to earn some Bitcoin without risking yourself like cloud mining. It is nice income for you while at the same time you learn more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I'm looking to switch out to solar mining by the way, so in the meantime I will stick with coin staking as it is energy efficient.  Smiley
Solar isn't the best choice, so I hope that you've already looked into it enough that you understand the initial investment needed and the risk factor; the panels are pretty easily damaged in adverse weather conditions, no matter how it's advertised. Coin staking is a pretty nice passive income, but most of the stakeable coins aren't traded much, with the exception of PPC.

If you're looking at solar for fun, go ahead- I run a few gridseed miners off of a battery in my garage, and it runs just fine. It's definitely interesting to see solar panels get more and more efficient; maybe someday actual mining with them will be possible.

I have actually been looking at solar as well. While it is true if you look at it from a purely Mining aspect, it probably isn't justified, but considering you consume electricity outside of mining activities, it is an investment that will continue to pay off over time. As far as the panels being damaged in storms, that is what homeowners insurance is for.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:22:18 AM

I have actually been looking at solar as well. While it is true if you look at it from a purely Mining aspect, it probably isn't justified, but considering you consume electricity outside of mining activities, it is an investment that will continue to pay off over time. As far as the panels being damaged in storms, that is what homeowners insurance is for.
It is really much better to use solar system than using real electricity you can't earn profit there and hardware mining isn't that easy to build as well thus if you are going to ignore those cost then you can do mining activities with highly consume in electricity off course theres a monthly maintenance depends on what hardware you bought
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:35:51 AM

Well solar is a bit expensive in the terms of purchasing the panels and the installation of them at your place. But, in the bright side it may save even more energy than using conventional power sources. Still, I do not have the kind of money yet to set up solar panels so my options would be limited right now towards using external batteries to power the miners.

As for PoS, I think that ETH would be great to stake once it hits this stage, since nowadays it is the second most actively traded cryptocurrency on the markets.  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: