Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:50:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMC Discussion Thread (not self moderated)  (Read 5016 times)
joris

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:46:42 AM

hmmm ... so did he order them or did not ? I want to update the count accordingly.

I sent an order in, however I did not receive a confirmation and I because of my stupid mistake did not
get the uptake on AMC's offering so as to be able to pay for them.

So I am reworking AMC offer and when ready I will post it in AMC's Official Discussion Thread for the community
to make comments on before it goes live on Bitfunder.

I just want to thank everyone in the community for point out all of the problems in the original offering.  I have incorporated,
I think most of the communities concerns in the new offering.  Grin 

Ok, so you did not purchase. The contract is very misleading. Man! I will remove your post from the tally thread.

Sorry, if I mislead you, I did not mean to, I put ordered in the contract which is what I did.  As you may have noticed, the 6 Avalon's above show that they have been purchased and confirmed not just ordered.

I found it quite clear from the contract that the order could only be purchased when enough funds were raised from the IPO.

Ken, where do the first two dividends come from?

;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mac65

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:07:17 PM

Let me tell you something. You sure like to throw around insults. I am not a lyer! Last night I emailed Deprived with all my personal information, including 2 Company web sites that I own and my company phone nunmber. If you trust him, just ask him if that's true. I see there is a private investigator on the forum. Before you go throwing around accusations, you should do your due diligance. (Message intended for Usagi)
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:32:04 PM

Let me tell you something. You sure like to throw around insults. I am not a lyer! Last night I emailed Deprived with all my personal information, including 2 Company web sites that I own and my company phone nunmber. If you trust him, just ask him if that's true. I see there is a private investigator on the forum. Before you go throwing around accusations, you should do your due diligance. (Message intended for Usagi)

I've just logged in.  I can confirm that I've received a PM from Mac65 containing the information he states above.  Obviously I haven't yet had a chance to check it out at all (and won't for a fair while).

So, although I can't vouch in any way for Mac65's identity I CAN say he's sent sufficent information that, with a bit of effort, I could easily determine that he was either a successful business-man or a total liar.  It seems unlikely he would have sent it were it NOT him - as it would be very easy to disprove with a few international phone-calls.

My personal view on this IPO had already moved from "It's a scam" to "It's starting too big and the numbers need a lot of work".  Trying to raise funds to do too many things is a recipe for disaster - as you can easily end up unable to do any of them without selling out (you can't half-develop ASICs if only half the shares sell).
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

So is AMC back on the Bitfunder market yet? I cannot see it.
Asset frozen.

I am reworking the plan and will be posting it in AMC's official discussion thread, to get comments from the community.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:46:58 PM

Asset frozen.

I am reworking the plan and will be posting it in AMC's official discussion thread, to get comments from the community.

Why were you in such a hurry in the first place?  That in and of itself was half the red flag for me.
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:54:50 PM

Asset frozen.

Why were you in such a hurry in the first place?  That in and of itself was half the red flag for me.

As I said on the forum before, the reason for hurrying was that Avalon's 4X price increase which caused me to rework
the numbers, that price increase was not expected.  Also that gave a 3 days notice on batch 3, was expecting that
batch to be around April 5.  By hurrying to push out the IPO, I made a stupid mistake, so now I have learned reworking
the IPO from the comments I received here.  Also, I will be posting the reworking plan on  [BitFunder] AMC - The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion Thread
as soon as it is ready.
Mac65

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:17:49 PM

Gentlemen, Take heed, (tongue in cheek) I believe there is a new business model forming. The days of Henry Ford are long gone.  There was a time that to form a company one needed a number of key employees.  I guess that still works since I have quite a few of them myself.  However ,  with the advent of the internet, it is now intrinsically possible  to build a network of individuals who are not on the payroll to accomplish the work.  Networking is the new business model!  I have both performed contracted work and hired contracted work with other companies.  Regarding funding, there is the visionary, and there is the detail person.  If you are familiar with personality profiles, you know that there is a ‘D’ for dominant personality who usually becomes a boss or manager of some sort. There is the ‘I’ for influential personality who usually winds up doing Sales.  Then there is also the ‘C’ personality. These are the detail people.  They are the ones who make things work.  The engineer might build the circuits, but it is the Technicians who make them work.  So, Steve Jobs was a ‘D’.  Steve Wosniak, in my opinion is a ‘C’.  He represents the detail person of Apple.  No one personality is 100% any type and no one personality is better than the other. All are needed in business. All need to learn to balance their type.  But my point is, there is nothing wrong with being a visionary if you can make things happen.  You can build a successful business on that and capital is projected over different periods, the short, the medium, and the long term.  Think too small and you will get what you ask for.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:40:28 PM

Gentlemen, Take heed, (tongue in cheek) I believe there is a new business model forming. The days of Henry Ford are long gone.  There was a time that to form a company one needed a number of key employees.  I guess that still works since I have quite a few of them myself.  However ,  with the advent of the internet, it is now intrinsically possible  to build a network of individuals who are not on the payroll to accomplish the work.  Networking is the new business model!  I have both performed contracted work and hired contracted work with other companies.  Regarding funding, there is the visionary, and there is the detail person.  If you are familiar with personality profiles, you know that there is a ‘D’ for dominant personality who usually becomes a boss or manager of some sort. There is the ‘I’ for influential personality who usually winds up doing Sales.  Then there is also the ‘C’ personality. These are the detail people.  They are the ones who make things work.  The engineer might build the circuits, but it is the Technicians who make them work.  So, Steve Jobs was a ‘D’.  Steve Wosniak, in my opinion is a ‘C’.  He represents the detail person of Apple.  No one personality is 100% any type and no one personality is better than the other. All are needed in business. All need to learn to balance their type.  But my point is, there is nothing wrong with being a visionary if you can make things happen.  You can build a successful business on that and capital is projected over different periods, the short, the medium, and the long term.  Think too small and you will get what you ask for.

The problem is that visionaries are rarely good at actually running businesses - they need a detail person doing the actual management.  And that's where a LOT of Bitcoin (and traditional) businesses have failed : they may have a good idea, but they lack the management skills to turn it into profit.
Mac65

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:03:53 PM

Yes, that's why we all need to work together. No one person can do it all.
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:25:22 PM

The problem is that visionaries are rarely good at actually running businesses - they need a detail person doing the actual management.  And that's where a LOT of Bitcoin (and traditional) businesses have failed : they may have a good idea, but they lack the management skills to turn it into profit.

+10
Mac65

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:36:22 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 06:46:39 PM by Mac65

I think the members of this discussion could benefit greatly from a little story my Grandmother used to tell me many years ago. Maybe some of you have heard it. "The Story of The Little Red Hen". It's probably too long to tell here but the jist is, The Little Red hen says "Who's going to help me make the bread"? and the answer was "Not I!" said the lamb, Not I!" said the cat. "Not I!" said the pig. At the end of the story "Who's going to help me eat the bread?"."I will!" said the lamb. "I will!" said the cat. "I will!" said the pig.  "No, you will not," said the Little Red Hen. "You didn't help me plant it, or water it, or harvest it, or mill it, or bake it. I shall eat it myself!" And so she did. Search for it on google, it's a great lesson!
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:38:36 AM

Also, Avalon Batch #4 in April is iffy.  From their blog posts it seems like they're developing something new or better ASIC with the captial they raised?  Or that the next batch they're mining themselves?

I'm not sure.  But, if either of those two things happen will get a later batch #4 with higher specs, or no batch #4.  Or it would really expensive.  Though this price would be even more expensive.

Okay and I agree with Deprived.  That's a really ambitious plan.  You want to buy lots of mining equipment + develop an ASIC.

And if you sell 2.5 million startup shares @ 0.01 btc thats 25 000 btc.  That's 2.5 million dollars.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: