Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero price is going up to 3 USD, transactions are anonymous - better than BTC  (Read 1770 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HeroCat (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:51:55 AM

Monero price is going up to 3 USD firstly this year, currently around 2.18 USD - very nice and promising altcoin. Classic Etherum have much larger market share - around 8%, Monero only 0.24%, but Monero have nice advantage in the whole altcoin market - transactions are kept private. Bitcoin transactions are available for all public, so in this Monero is one step ahead Bitcoin. Check Monero here https://getmonero.org/home  Grin
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:57:50 AM

Monero price is going up to 3 USD firstly this year, currently around 2.18 USD - very nice and promising altcoin. Classic Etherum have much larger market share - around 8%, Monero only 0.24%, but Monero have nice advantage in the whole altcoin market - transactions are kept private. Bitcoin transactions are available for all public, so in this Monero is one step ahead Bitcoin. Check Monero here https://getmonero.org/home  Grin

I think the rise in monero price is due to the perception that dash and monero should have parity and not due to any technical or fundamental analysis.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:39:41 AM

Monero price is going up to 3 USD firstly this year, currently around 2.18 USD - very nice and promising altcoin. Classic Etherum have much larger market share - around 8%, Monero only 0.24%, but Monero have nice advantage in the whole altcoin market - transactions are kept private. Bitcoin transactions are available for all public, so in this Monero is one step ahead Bitcoin. Check Monero here https://getmonero.org/home  Grin

I think the rise in monero price is due to the perception that dash and monero should have parity and not due to any technical or fundamental analysis.

You are wrong. Development of Ring CT ended few days ago and testing is ahead. That is reason for rise in last few days. But since that was expected price rose basicly whole 2016 and will more.   With Ring CT Monreo started running in a race of anonymity coins while competitors still crawl.

Since you mention DASH. Their Marketing drove people into altcoins and when they are here they look for better alternatives.  So 3 cheers for DASHs decision to spend 10% for marketing instead of securing their network and give to miners.  This will drive new people in altcoins and all will prosper of it.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:56:05 AM

Zero cash release date just announced. Monero has around 9 weeks of life left.

First to dump wins.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:01:23 AM

@stealth923

It was announced many times and postponed. Last time was about a week or so ago.  

Monero launched more then 2 years ago and other coins promising anonymity did not cease to exist. Not only that but even new coins started emerging.  10+ emerged in last 2 years so will ZeroCash  hopefully.
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:08:30 AM

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Coinmarket cap is 11th, doge is 12th, higher than doge, the fight ain't easy, but monero finally wins. Congratulations.
geotom

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:59:13 AM

First to dump wins.

Just going by your trust rating I should disregard your comment. However your comment is also cr*p.

ZCash anonymity is FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN. It isn't trustless.  They are talking about having a symbolic ceremony where their foundation divest themselves of their ability to spy on every transaction that takes place on the ZCASH network when it launches. WTF!

It probably will be pumped, and popular with traders and n00bs but it won't change the fact that ZCASH is never ever going to be an actual privacy-centric cryptocurrency.

IMHO ZCASH is best candidate for stealth NSA coin.
Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:27:22 PM

Monero price is going up to 3 USD firstly this year, currently around 2.18 USD - very nice and promising altcoin.

Let's not hurry too much. It's 2.14 now and it has a history of low prices in the winter....

First to dump wins.

Algo in not new.
Coin is not anonymous.
What does this coin bring? Endless beta and zero value?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

Monero has been to .004 twice before and then dumped hard.

Will third attempt be the charm? This is a dangerous spot to buy, if you do so use a tight stop. Now if .0043 is taken out on volume I will be buying.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 02:24:05 PM

Monero price is going up to 3 USD firstly this year, currently around 2.18 USD - very nice and promising altcoin.

Let's not hurry too much. It's 2.14 now and it has a history of low prices in the winter....

First to dump wins.

Algo in not new.
Coin is not anonymous.

I'll refute your off the mark comments and ignore the inferences posed as questions.

The newness of the algo is not an issue--if the coin does the most with that algo (ct development, strongest network, ect,) the coin it was forked from has lost first mover advantage, so becomes a non-issue.

The coin is more anonymous than any other (no coin ATM is NSA proof) and continually working to strengthen its anonymity with measures like ct and kovri development with I2p--I think you are making the mistake of most people when they talk about fungibility when describing it as yes/no, on/off, either you have it or you don't--this is wrong in both cases as they happen in degrees. Can't really keep people from thinking in only binary terms, but I can certainly tell you that it shows a lack of insight or nuance in your conception cryptocurrencies, and you'd be good to learn how to judge these technologies in a nuanced way--though that takes some work, I'm sure it would be worth your time.

sandiman

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

did you buy the top ? Huh Roll Eyes
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:44:07 AM

First to dump wins.

Algo in not new.
Coin is not anonymous.

I'll refute your off the mark comments and ignore the inferences posed as questions.

Nothing to refute he was talking about Zcash Beta Status and Algo...
Mike8

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 10:14:44 AM

The newness of the algo is not an issue--if the coin does the most with that algo (ct development, strongest network, ect,) the coin it was forked from has lost first mover advantage, so becomes a non-issue.

From what I know, this doesn't happen usually.
No sha coins ever got close to Bitcoin, no scrypt coins got close to Litecoin.
The only possible exception may be Monero (for now!), since its "path" was not so problematic as the competition and the devs may have been somehow more skilled.
Of course, crypto world is young...

The coin is more anonymous than any other (no coin ATM is NSA proof) and continually working to strengthen its anonymity with measures like ct and kovri development with I2p--I think you are making the mistake of most people when they talk about fungibility when describing it as yes/no, on/off, either you have it or you don't--this is wrong in both cases as they happen in degrees. Can't really keep people from thinking in only binary terms, but I can certainly tell you that it shows a lack of insight or nuance in your conception cryptocurrencies, and you'd be good to learn how to judge these technologies in a nuanced way--though that takes some work, I'm sure it would be worth your time.

Nuances are important and I agree that I tend to be a yes/no person sometimes.
But all I've heard until now about zerocash were big words from some and then I've read that's beta and beta again. I've also read that zerocash anonymity starts with an assumption, so it may be problematic.

I somehow start to believe that you though that my second part of that previous comment is also about Monero, while it was about zerocash...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 08:33:49 PM

did you buy the top ? Huh Roll Eyes

Did you get the memo?

Oasis XMR implementation confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4yik6w/finally_banned_by_circle_after_1_year/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:07:44 AM

On a second thought, when monero goes mainstream years later, there will legislation requiring that xmr users identify themselves.

XMR will face the same trend bitcoin is facing now KYC/AML... bitcoin users won't be anonymous for long anymore. So would xmr users with time.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:34:52 AM

On a second thought, when monero goes mainstream years later, there will legislation requiring that xmr users identify themselves.

XMR will face the same trend bitcoin is facing now KYC/AML... bitcoin users won't be anonymous for long anymore. So would xmr users with time.

So? Where is the problem when this only occurs on the gateways to fiat? I don't mind. Atleast no one can put my adress into some blockexplorer and see how much i really own.
yhlshabi

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:07:33 AM

The article was deleted, what's Oasis XMR implementation? Is it dark market? 
sandiman

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:21:49 AM

dear internet, now everyone can try to justify price movement with anything. there is no fuel in this break out ...
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:29:05 AM

The article was deleted, what's Oasis XMR implementation? Is it dark market? 

The original post was deleted if you scroll donw a little you can see Oasis support's reply about implementing Monero soon, AlphaBay also considering implementing Monero https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4xuqqg/sigaint_launches_tor_monero_node_as_its_operators/d6ku1fs?context=3

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:45:14 AM

There is no fuel in this break out ...

So confident!  Are you shorting it large yet?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: