Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Voxelus Investors Unite To Ask For A Refund  (Read 2235 times)
wtman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:32:43 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 01:51:35 AM by wtman

We believe that Voxelus cant become the Youtube Of VR with its ico scam reputation. The price is down to 1/14th and its been a huge scam. If you are an investor, join us and demand a refund.

We were also lied to that Vox will be the only crypto other than Bitcoin in Uphold. This was projected a positive thing for Vox during the ico and it helped them sell. They can be held legally liable for this lie.

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead
No responses to questions and no updates

Vox will never recover to its ICO price. Maybe it will in 5 years, but it is unlikely. That is just to RECOVER our investment. Forget about making a return with this below par closed source private blockchain with devs that don't even care to release updates. When they were asked about an update recently, they showed us an update from May and claimed to have "no time" to waste on Slack because they were working.

It is unlikely that Voxels as a currency will gain even if Voxelus platform gets popular. Who is going to use a privately checkpointed chain with closed source with a bad reputation from running a scam ico? They might use Uphold API for their payments instead anyway. Voxels as a crypto is irrelevant and of no future use.

I don't want to wait 5 years for the price to recover (very small chance and unlikely). 5 years is a lot of time, so I better get my investment out and invest in more reliable places. All the hype about Halsey Minor and Uphold has been just to keep this sinking ship going for longer and keeping ICO investors fooled, but it won't be possible anymore.

They hope to build the future Youtube of VR and I can assure you that it won't be possible with this SCAM Reputation, as you have scammed so many investors with fake VR / Halsey Minor hype. Its been a while you have been keeping us in the dark. If you really believe Voxelus is going to be the Youtube of VR, you should issue refunds to everyone at the original ICO price. Put up a buy wall at any exchange so that people can sell Vox back to you at the original ico price. We are not asking for a premium but just our money back. Then you can save yourselves from the scammy reputation and have better odds of the Youtube of VR getting successful, otherwise no one is going to trust and use Voxelus. Refunding investors is a small cost to pay for saving your reputation among future Voxelus users.

With that said, given the experience I have had with the Voxelus team, I highly doubt these people can make Voxelus a huge success even in 5 years. Therefore, it is likely that we will never see our Voxelus investment back. However, the Voxelus team believes in their idea, so they should refund us and save their reputation.

For all the above reasons, I would urge all of you investors who have been fooled by Halsey Minor hype to ask for a refund from Voxelus. This is the only way we can recover our investment and park it in better investment opportunities, as this project isn't going anywhere even in 5 years which is a long time of our life.

Halsey Minor, Martin Repetto, Jim Blasko and whoever else has some say, please refund our investment as we don't want to be part of this Scam anymore. We can then go our separate ways. Maybe you guys should give away all the bought back Voxels to every bitcoin holder for free just like Stellar did recently.

Various investors on this forum, twitter and slack are of the opinion that Voxelus should refund their ICO investors. We do not want to be a part of this anymore. Save yourselves the embarrassment and we really hope you become the Youtube of VR in 5 years (I assure you that you will never be there with reputation of running a scam ICO) It is time to undo your wrongdoing. We want our investment back (no more, no less). I hope you understand this and initiate the refund process. Thank you

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:35:59 AM

Does it state somewhere in the ICO terms that you can demand a refund? Also does it state somewhere that they have certain liabilities towards you?

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:47:19 AM

Does it state somewhere in the ICO terms that you can demand a refund? Also does it state somewhere that they have certain liabilities towards you?

I am not capable of answering that question so will let more intelligent and better informed people answer it

A better question to ask is, can they build the Youtube of VR, or the Fiverr of VR, or Steam of VR after scamming investors with this petty ico scam? I'm sure they can't.

Halsey Minor, who boasts of transparency and honesty, with the way he runs his platform Uphold should know this very well.

So, its good for them to refund and start over Voxels cryptocurrency with a clean reputation. Maybe offer the bought back Voxels to every bitcoin holder for free, just like Stellar did.

I can't wait to recover my investment, just want a refund. Want out of this scam. So do hundreds of other Voxelus investors, I'm pretty sure. Please post here if you are an investor and would like a refund
dmarine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:48:24 AM

This is a controversial currency, I'm not buying until better information.

Edit: "The price is down to 1/14th" (Wow, a second opinion on that?)
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:16:00 AM

I am not capable of answering that question so will let more intelligent and better informed people answer it

A better question to ask is, can they build the Youtube of VR, or the Fiverr of VR, or Steam of VR after scamming investors with this petty ico scam? I'm sure they can't.

Halsey Minor, who boasts of transparency and honesty, with the way he runs his platform Uphold should know this very well.

So, its good for them to refund and start over Voxels cryptocurrency with a clean reputation. Maybe offer the bought back Voxels to every bitcoin holder for free, just like Stellar did.

I can't wait to recover my investment, just want a refund. Want out of this scam. So do hundreds of other Voxelus investors, I'm pretty sure. Please post here if you are an investor and would like a refund

You understand hopefully that there is probably 0 liability towards investors from an ICO hosted with Bitcoins. This is the reason it's called the new wild west and this is the reason why some ICOs multiply peoples investment, but some go to 0 on the long run.

Acting hurt and demanding money back will you get nowhere, I can guarantee you this. There is no government or regulations protecting you here.  Either take the loss and move on or hold on to your investment.

Also keep in mind that the only promises that were made, were about making a VR marketplace  a reality and that they will accept VOX, while trying to move it mainstream and supporting it (if I recall correctly, since the last time I read about VOX was pre-launch). They can not promise you a profit or that the price will rise.

rocketsTmac

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:19:09 AM

It depends on rules, but it is so long, I think they won't do this, because the scammer dev has spent all of the money of hookers and drugs, bad sign! 
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 09:20:33 AM

You understand hopefully that there is probably 0 liability towards investors from an ICO hosted with Bitcoins. This is the reason it's called the new wild west and this is the reason why some ICOs multiply peoples investment, but some go to 0 on the long run.

Acting hurt and demanding money back will you get nowhere, I can guarantee you this. There is no government or regulations protecting you here.  Either take the loss and move on or hold on to your investment.

Also keep in mind that the only promises that were made, were about making a VR marketplace  a reality and that they will accept VOX while trying to move it mainstream (if I recall correctly, since the last time I read about VOX was pre-launch). They can not promise you a profit or that the price will rise.

Voxels was a crowdsale, not an ICO, and I think that there are some laws, which could be implemented if it is a scam. But I believe that it is still above the crowdsale's price (though it was pumped & dumped 4-5 months ago)?

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:27:29 AM

I think that there are some laws, which could be implemented if it is a scam

Outside the US there is almost no regulation to these kind of investments. Good luck with trying to sue them with a bitcointalk ICO/Crowdsale or whatever. My point stands, people who demand a refund on ICOs hosted here are delusional.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 09:30:48 AM

I think that there are some laws, which could be implemented if it is a scam
My point stands, people who demand a refund on ICOs hosted here are delusional.

You're right about this one.

P.S. Btw, Halsey Minor is a US citizen so... Smiley

bedskills

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:54:47 AM

Also keep in mind that the only promises that were made, were about making a VR marketplace  a reality and that they will accept VOX while trying to move it mainstream (if I recall correctly, since the last time I read about VOX was pre-launch). They can not promise you a profit or that the price will rise.

Voxels was a crowdsale, not an ICO, and I think that there are some laws, which could be implemented if it is a scam. But I believe that it is still above the crowdsale's price (though it was pumped & dumped 4-5 months ago)?

No, it was not above, it is below, the price was 0.001+btc in crowdsale, and  now is 0.00007 btc. Miserable ico for players     Sad

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:19:22 AM

Also keep in mind that the only promises that were made, were about making a VR marketplace  a reality and that they will accept VOX, while trying to move it mainstream and supporting it (if I recall correctly, since the last time I read about VOX was pre-launch). They can not promise you a profit or that the price will rise.

It is up to the more informed persons to tell what it is like from a legal perspective but I can tell you it is a scam from the way things turned out. Voxelus is going nowhere and it is definitely not going to climb back to ICO price, not in 5 years, the way things are going. There are zero updates and investors are being kept in the dark. Good luck waiting 5 years for this one when you could put your money elsewhere and live your life.

Halsey Minor stands for transparency and honesty, as you can tell after reading his plan about Uphold and its transparent business model. Now, on the other hand, if he is scamming people with Voxelus, it doesn't help his reputation and that of Voxelus which aspires to become the Youtube of VR. They are not legally required to be transparent with Uphold, but they really are. Check this out https://uphold.com/en/transparency

Stop thinking about legal consequences for a minute. Halsey Minor is a capitalist who very well knows the value of reputation that has been spoiled because of this failed ICO. I hope they are bothered about the potential costs of bad reputation of Voxelus and realize that the cost of refunding is too little for him and his VCs in comparison
dandroid

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:24:00 AM

No, it was not above, it is below, the price was 0.001+btc in crowdsale, and  now is 0.00007 btc. Miserable ico for players     Sad

I was about to ask, thank you.
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:24:26 AM

No, it was not above, it is below, the price was 0.001+btc in crowdsale, and  now is 0.00007 btc. Miserable ico for players     Sad

0.00008 now but yeah, truly miserable the way things turned out Sad

The devs were coming back to work on Aug 14 after vacation I heard, and I waited for an update but haven't heard anything so.. We have been neglected. I can't wait anymore and no longer hope for recovery to 0.001, therefore i just want a refund at this point.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 10:30:48 AM

How much BTC they gathered via the crowdsale?

hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:35:25 AM

Voxelus, the world’s first end-to-end virtual reality content creation platform and marketplace, has completed its private pre-sale of 1.2 million Voxels (VOX) for a total of 1,022 BTC ($350,000 USD at the close of the pre-sale).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235683.0

1022BTC, you can read it above. Fortunately I didn't join this site, because I didn't trust the google voice founder hype, and my decision was turned out to be correct. Sorry for others.

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:47:39 AM

Did anyone notice that the following is no longer true. Uphold has Litecoin and Ethereum too.

Voxels will be the only cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin supported by Uphold.

They also claimed that Voxels will be the only way for buying and selling stuff on Voxelus platform. I'm pretty sure they will back out of that promise too, as it has happened in case of Uphold already.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 10:53:34 AM

Voxelus, the world’s first end-to-end virtual reality content creation platform and marketplace, has completed its private pre-sale of 1.2 million Voxels (VOX) for a total of 1,022 BTC ($350,000 USD at the close of the pre-sale).

1022BTC, you can read it above. Fortunately I didn't join this site, because I didn't trust the google voice founder hype, and my decision was turned out to be correct. Sorry for others.

Jesus! I've noticed when the crowdsale started and I knew that they gathered $300-$400,000 from it, but I didn't knew that only 1.2 million coins were sold. Huh This means that the VOX market cap should be about 26,827 BTC (or about $15.6Mn). Basically, it was never near its crowdsale price (even when there was a pump 4-5 months ago)? That's a quite big failure...

jaesonma

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:58:09 AM

Jesus! I've noticed when the crowdsale started and I knew that they gathered $300-$400,000 from it, but I didn't knew that only 1.2 million coins were sold. Huh This means that the VOX market cap should be about 26,827 BTC (or about $15.6Mn). Basically, it was never near its crowdsale price (even when there was a pump 4-5 months ago)? That's a quite big failure...

There was pump, but never pumped above ico price, so I consider it was not a "pump", it should be called as "recover a little loss"  I heard one guy lost 50BTC on this shit. Sad
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:13:11 AM

"That's a quite big failure..."  ok i laughed

-----------
"Halsey Minor's $20 Million Mansion Sells for $4 Million Less"
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2016/07/halsey-minors-20-million-mansion-finally-sells-for-a-4-million-loss.html

and that turdpin guy too!

this looks like a case of VC guys trying to flip a fast buck, and with little creative efforts.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 11:22:40 AM

"That's a quite big failure..."  ok i laughed

-----------
"Halsey Minor's $20 Million Mansion Sells for $4 Million Less"
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2016/07/halsey-minors-20-million-mansion-finally-sells-for-a-4-million-loss.html

and that turdpin guy too!

this looks like a case of VC guys trying to flip a fast buck, and with little creative efforts.

I'm talking about people who "invested" in VOX. The fact that Minor squandered probably over a billion $ in the years following CNET's sale is another (and painful one) story. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: